By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2 specs leaked out? HOLY DAMN!

huaxiong90 said:

Eh, I think you're jumping to conclusions too soon, especially regarding the software.

I am worried about the entry price, though, because unless somehow they managed to find a cost-efficient way to rig such hardware, it doesn't sound cheap at all.

I'm no oracle, so I could of course be wrong. But an Xbox scenario seems most likely to me.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

input this URL:
( http://www.fashiongoods.us )
you can find many cheap and fashion stuff
(jor dan s-h-o-e-s)
(NBA NFL NHL MLB j-e-r-s-e-y)
( lv h-a-n-d-b-a-g)
(cha nel w-a-l-l-e-t)
(D&G s-u-n-g-l-a-s-s-e-s)
(ed har dy j-a-c-k-e-t)
(UG G b-o-o-t)

WE ACCEPT PYAPAL PAYMENT

YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

Staude said:
Xen said:

Hahaha, 512 vram and cameras?

This is a recipe for a bomb. The PSP is eons beyond the DS in power, didn't help it one bit. Won't help the PSP 2 either!

Concidering it's the only non nintendo handheld to have sold over.. what is it.. 11 million copies. I think it did help it .. quite a bit.. since it's up in the 60' million range now

The good games it got and the multimedia features carried it through, yeah, it was good competition, but the DS still killed it.

haxxiy said:
Roma said:
haxxiy said:

Again Sony did what they could to differentiate themselves from the competition delivering a high-tech handheld with lots of possibilities - if people perceive it's value and Sony releases the right games, people won't be bothered by the price. Look at Apple damn it.

For those who said "Sony didn't learn anything" - and how would they learn in your opinion? Releasing a mildly stronger but cheaper console months after the 3DS? What's the chance of such device attract any atention by any means?

That's what Nintendo tried with the Gamecube - moderately stronger, $199 - and it died a screaming death (even though I love it <3)

At leas they made money of the GC from day one. How did the PSP differentiate itself from a regular console? What did it do different to improve on gameing other than graphics? I do not know all about it so tell me what that was?

I'm talking about the PSP2 and what kind of insight do you have to claim the PSP2 will be sold at loss?

Maybe to you expensive to manufacture = sold at loss? Right...

Besides Nintendo went to the red they cut the GC price to $99 and still the 2003 holiday season was a fiasco.

Well you said delivered so how can you mean the PSP2 if they haven’t delivered it yet? 

You don’t need to be a genius to know that something expensive to make will be sold at a loss unless they chose to sell it for a price that is over what it cost to make. And looking at the specs (again if true) this will be expensive for people. I can’t see this for less than 400 US dollars if not more than that...

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

They will have to charge 250 for it if they want it to be succesfull

Around the Network

Sound expansive both for consumers and for developers...I wonder what kind of games will come out for it, it is tommorrow the official presentation, ins't it?

Hmm, first handheld fusion device?

Roma said:
Spankey said:
Roma said:

Here you have a source on that :)

that source is from feb 9 2005 so hopefully things have changed a bit by now

Yes I know, my point was that they lost money on it because it was expensive to make and if the specs of the PSP2 is like these posted in the OP they will lose money yet again.

That has always been their business plan. They started with losses on the PS and PS2 as well. The PSP was still successful overall and made them money 

oo and 5inch? jesus! thats actually really big

Guys. Wait 1 more day and let Sony reveal the system.

Then you can fight a better fight with something to back up your claims.