By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2 specs leaked out? HOLY DAMN!

SmokedHostage said:

399.99USD for entry level SKU and 499.99USD for higher end one.

I'm calling it now.

I called it two weeks ago.

OT: I don't believe this at all... SD and not memstick? It's SONY, guys! Quad Core? Lol. I really hope they're not that crazy...

Around the Network
Spankey said:
Roma said:

Here you have a source on that :)

that source is from feb 9 2005 so hopefully things have changed a bit by now

Yes I know, my point was that they lost money on it because it was expensive to make and if the specs of the PSP2 is like these posted in the OP they will lose money yet again.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

haxxiy said:

Again Sony did what they could to differentiate themselves from the competition delivering a high-tech handheld with lots of possibilities - if people perceive it's value and Sony releases the right games, people won't be bothered by the price. Look at Apple damn it.

For those who said "Sony didn't learn anything" - and how would they learn in your opinion? Releasing a mildly stronger but cheaper console months after the 3DS? What's the chance of such device attract any atention by any means?

That's what Nintendo tried with the Gamecube - moderately stronger, $199 - and it died a screaming death (even though I love it <3)

At leas they made money of the GC from day one. How did the PSP differentiate itself from a regular console? What did it do different to improve on gameing other than graphics? I do not know all about it so tell me what that was?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

This is... so awesome

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

As I said, 3DS leaves Sony no choice but to go upmarket and go for more power and high end graphics and games.

Sony are forced to make a powerful handheld, and it will be their downfall.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
KungKras said:

As I said, 3DS leaves Sony no choice but to go upmarket and go for more power and high end graphics and games.

I mean if they make money is it that horrible? They don't have to beat Ninty to be successful right?  IF that was the case, Ninty would have been done ten years ago lol.

Roma said:
haxxiy said:

Again Sony did what they could to differentiate themselves from the competition delivering a high-tech handheld with lots of possibilities - if people perceive it's value and Sony releases the right games, people won't be bothered by the price. Look at Apple damn it.

For those who said "Sony didn't learn anything" - and how would they learn in your opinion? Releasing a mildly stronger but cheaper console months after the 3DS? What's the chance of such device attract any atention by any means?

That's what Nintendo tried with the Gamecube - moderately stronger, $199 - and it died a screaming death (even though I love it <3)

At leas they made money of the GC from day one. How did the PSP differentiate itself from a regular console? What did it do different to improve on gameing other than graphics? I do not know all about it so tell me what that was?

I'm talking about the PSP2 and what kind of insight do you have to claim the PSP2 will be sold at loss?

Maybe to you expensive to manufacture = sold at loss? Right...

Besides Nintendo went to the red they cut the GC price to $99 and still the 2003 holiday season was a fiasco.

KungKras said:

If the PSP2 makes money, and ends up having a strong, dedicated fanbase, then it doesn't have to beat the 3DS to be successful.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

NYANKS said:
KungKras said:

I mean if they make money is it that horrible? They don't have to beat Ninty to be successful right?  IF that was the case, Ninty would have been done ten years ago lol.

Yes, IF they make money, it will be sucessful. But I don't think it will make money.

With the graphical jump they have to make, I think they will have to do what they usually do, undercut the hardware. Only this time, I don't think it will get them any marketshare because this time, it's the competition that will have the flood of games on their system.

My prediction is that the PSP2 will be in a similar position to the original Xbox.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
NYANKS said:
KungKras said:

Yes, IF they make money, it will be sucessful. But I don't think it will make money.

With the graphical jump they have to make, I think they will have to do what they usually do, undercut the hardware. Only this time, I don't think it will get them any marketshare because this time, it's the competition that will have the flood of games on their system.

My prediction is that the PSP2 will be in a similar position to the original Xbox.

Eh, I think you're jumping to conclusions too soon, especially regarding the software.

I am worried about the entry price, though, because unless somehow they managed to find a cost-efficient way to rig such hardware, it doesn't sound cheap at all.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!