By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2 specs leaked out? HOLY DAMN!

sony doesn't need to learn a 'lesson' >_> they did well with the PSP, not as well as the DS but it was a success for them. It's annoying how there is at least one person coming into all PSP related threads to downplay it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

that's impressive to say the least.

250 is my limit for what i am going to pay for a handheld, this looks too expensive

M.U.G.E.N said:

sony doesn't need to learn a 'lesson' >_> they did well with the PSP, not as well as the DS but it was a success for them. It's annoying how there is at least one person coming into all PSP related threads to downplay it

Yes but they did lose a lot of money on the PSP and PS3 from the start and that my friends is where they haven’t learnt their lesson. You do not need to jump that far, what will they leave for the PSP3?

Taking a lesser step in graphics helps both developers and Sony too reduce the cost. and it helps the battery as well :P

That person can’t be me as I almost never comment in the PSP threads I don’t even se them around much. Not saying that you meant me though just clearing that out if anybody thought you did :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Okay as unappealing the PSP was PSP2 is shaping up to be even better may actually have to get both but if this drops the same day as the 3DS, I will for sure be getting my PSP2 if its software lineup equals or betters Nintendos. 

I am no good at grammar =) 

DAMN IT! This EP is such a good idea 

Around the Network

While this would be impressive if true...the potential cost worries me.

But hey, at least if Valkyria Chronicles goes to the PSP2, I wouldn't have to worry about small, and rather bland maps like in VC2 and VC3.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Roma said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Yes but they did lose a lot of money on the PSP and PS3 from the start and that my friends is where they haven’t learnt their lesson. You do not need to jump that far, what will they leave for the PSP3?

Taking a lesser step in graphics helps both developers and Sony too reduce the cost. and it helps the battery as well :P

That person can’t be me as I almost never comment in the PSP threads I don’t even se them around much. Not saying that you meant me though just clearing that out if anybody thought you did :P

they lost money on the psp? Where did you hear that? source? As far as I know they lost money on the ps3 not the psp

few things, chances are these specs are false, I posted these this morning in the other thread cuz I thought this doesn't warrant a thread cuz of the lack of credibility of the source

next, I would like to say I WANT the psp2 to be powerful, I want it to actually feel like a next gen piece of tech. PSP was an absolute delight to have and it had some amazing games, many who say it only had hand me down ports have no idea what they are talking about (not referring to you here btw)..they will have the psp2 for at least 5-6 years in the market, so depending on the marketing plan they want to approach it can be a powerful piece of HW. Heck they might even go in the premium route. We will know for sure tomorrow tho :) they will outline their plan for it.

And again as of now only the OLED aspect has some cred cuz of the source. Which is GREAT, games will look absolutely beautiful on such a screen. I hope the overall price stays below 350 tho if not will have to wait till next year to buy it

sorry if I came off a bit too annoyed there, but people think nintendo threads get doom sayers but that's nothing in comparison to psp threads in this forum. Heck we had at least 2-3 is psp2 dead on arrival threads last SUMMER! lol , it kinda gets annoying that's all....

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

huaxiong90 said:

While this would be impressive if true...the potential cost worries me.

But hey, at least if Valkyria Chronicles goes to the PSP2, I wouldn't have to worry about small, and rather bland maps like in VC2 and VC3.

you know I HOPE they have air/sea battles for future VC as well :D and VC plus OLED screen = eyegasm

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

No 3D?

TheBardsSong said:

No 3D?

Hope not... :S I really don't want it to have it or at least for something like that to be PSP2's main point of attraction

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!