By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2 specs leaked out? HOLY DAMN!

Darth Tigris said:
Galaki said:
puffy said:

But power was never the issue with the PSP, the games were the issue, so hopefully Sony has that sorted this time around.

Games on PSP were mostly console games on small screen. It lacked identity.

If PSP2 can pull off being unique, then it will have a chance at selling more than PSP.

That's what they thought people wanted.  Does anyone think they've learned anything if these specs are true?

Well I think it depends, obviously if it was just a PSP with the higher specs then I'd say no, however it does have a touch screen and the rumored rear touch pad is an innovative feature that could lead to some interesting gameplay mechanics. The problem that Sony has is the fact that developers WILL port their HD games now that the PSP2 has dual analog sticks. That means less creativity, less diversity and less identity.

Around the Network

As for people who are saying that an iPhone 4 is expensive.. that's actually the carriers fault.. T-mobile actually sells the phone at 420 euros to the shops with a suggested retail price of 649 euro's.. and people are willing to pay that..

but I call bullshit unless the PSP2 is for 2012-2013.. there ain't no Quad core ARM Cortex A-9 in production yet.. they just started rolling out the dual cores..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

As for people who are saying that an iPhone 4 is expensive.. that's actually the carriers fault.. T-mobile actually sells the phone at 420 euros to the shops with a suggested retail price of 649 euro's.. and people are willing to pay that..

but I call bullshit unless the PSP2 is for 2012-2013.. there ain't no Quad core ARM Cortex A-9 in production yet.. they just started rolling out the dual cores..

They are willing to pay 800 Euros here in Israel :P

OT: With these specs, what will be the power source? A laptop battery?

its could be fake 

but that is around the same size as an PSP 3000 maybe an bit bigger but yea if that is true it will be as powerful as an xbox. 

But when people start talking about the price. an Netbook costs around 500 dollars. But this has an smaller screen and size, so can wipe off 100-200 dollars. so it could cost around 300 dollars 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

It's another 'a trusted source' told us yada yada 'leak'....honestly, Sony has done amazingly well with the leaks so far in regards to the PSP2

The only credible info we have of it is of the OLED screen which comes from a trusted source. So chances are that part is true for certain :D and damn it will look amazing!!!!! Can't wait for tomorrow

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
yum123 said:

thats nuts if it costs anything less than the overpriced peice the iphone 4 then thats a steal as its much stronger than it but people will still complain as apples aloud to charge a premium but sony cant

most phones are more powerful than the iphone, the iphone does well because of the name and the apps not because of the power.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

mchaza said:

its could be fake

but that is around the same size as an PSP 3000 maybe an bit bigger but yea if that is true it will be as powerful as an xbox.

But when people start talking about the price. an Netbook costs around 500 dollars. But this has an smaller screen and size, so can wipe off 100-200 dollars. so it could cost around 300 dollars

Now that I look at it, it's not that far off... from a 360.

Sounds fake or excessively powerful (and expensive).

- 5" OLED multi-touch screen -> sounds good.
- Multi-touch trackpad -> erm touch screen and trackpad, why?
- Resolution: 960 x 544  -> sounds good, might be a bit high
- Quad core ARM Cortex A-9 -> sounds crazy expensive and overkill!
- PowerVR SGX 543 MP4 -> no idea how powerful/expensive it is.
- 512MB LPDDR2 RAM (1GB devkits) -> 512mb... could be good, could be overkill, personally i would of gone for 256mb.
- 16GB flash SD slot -> good.
- Wifi, 3G, bluetooth -> good.
- Acelerometers, GPS, gyroscope, front and back camera -> kinda excessive!

400euro sounds fair. I mean people buy the overpriced iPads like nuts..

Anyway if this is true imagine what they will do for the PS4

Darth Tigris said:
Galaki said:
puffy said:

But power was never the issue with the PSP, the games were the issue, so hopefully Sony has that sorted this time around.

Games on PSP were mostly console games on small screen. It lacked identity.

If PSP2 can pull off being unique, then it will have a chance at selling more than PSP.

That's what they thought people wanted.  Does anyone think they've learned anything if these specs are true?

NO!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(