By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2 specs leaked out? HOLY DAMN!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Roma said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

sony doesn't need to learn a 'lesson' >_> they did well with the PSP, not as well as the DS but it was a success for them. It's annoying how there is at least one person coming into all PSP related threads to downplay it

Yes but they did lose a lot of money on the PSP and PS3 from the start and that my friends is where they haven’t learnt their lesson. You do not need to jump that far, what will they leave for the PSP3?

Taking a lesser step in graphics helps both developers and Sony too reduce the cost. and it helps the battery as well :P

That person can’t be me as I almost never comment in the PSP threads I don’t even se them around much. Not saying that you meant me though just clearing that out if anybody thought you did :P

they lost money on the psp? Where did you hear that? source? As far as I know they lost money on the ps3 not the psp

few things, chances are these specs are false, I posted these this morning in the other thread cuz I thought this doesn't warrant a thread cuz of the lack of credibility of the source

next, I would like to say I WANT the psp2 to be powerful, I want it to actually feel like a next gen piece of tech. PSP was an absolute delight to have and it had some amazing games, many who say it only had hand me down ports have no idea what they are talking about (not referring to you here btw)..they will have the psp2 for at least 5-6 years in the market, so depending on the marketing plan they want to approach it can be a powerful piece of HW. Heck they might even go in the premium route. We will know for sure tomorrow tho :) they will outline their plan for it.

And again as of now only the OLED aspect has some cred cuz of the source. Which is GREAT, games will look absolutely beautiful on such a screen. I hope the overall price stays below 350 tho if not will have to wait till next year to buy it

sorry if I came off a bit too annoyed there, but people think nintendo threads get doom sayers but that's nothing in comparison to psp threads in this forum. Heck we had at least 2-3 is psp2 dead on arrival threads last SUMMER! lol , it kinda gets annoying that's all....

Here you have a source on that :)

Yes I agree it is annoying as hell when people take opinions (pachter) and rumors as facts :P and yes I remember those threads now don’t know if I posted in them though.

I actually do not think these are true specs either but not long now I am excited too see how it looks and what is packed inside of it and what games are going to be shown. There is nothing more fun than a new console revealing.  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Xen said:

Hahaha, 512 vram and cameras?

This is a recipe for a bomb. The PSP is eons beyond the DS in power, didn't help it one bit. Won't help the PSP 2 either!

Concidering it's the only non nintendo handheld to have sold over.. what is it.. 11 million copies. I think it did help it .. quite a bit.. since it's up in the 60' million range now

Check out my game about moles ^

M.U.G.E.N said:
huaxiong90 said:

While this would be impressive if true...the potential cost worries me.

But hey, at least if Valkyria Chronicles goes to the PSP2, I wouldn't have to worry about small, and rather bland maps like in VC2 and VC3.

you know I HOPE they have air/sea battles for future VC as well :D and VC plus OLED screen = eyegasm

Not sure how Air battles would work, but sea support would be awesome.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

599$ confirmed!!!

Again Sony did what they could to differentiate themselves from the competition delivering a high-tech handheld with lots of possibilities - if people perceive it's value and Sony releases the right games, people won't be bothered by the price. Look at Apple damn it.

For those who said "Sony didn't learn anything" - and how would they learn in your opinion? Releasing a mildly stronger but cheaper console months after the 3DS? What's the chance of such device attract any atention by any means?

That's what Nintendo tried with the Gamecube - moderately stronger, $199 - and it died a screaming death (even though I love it <3)

Around the Network

Sounds similiar to DS vs PSP.

haxxiy said:

Again Sony did what they could to differentiate themselves from the competition delivering a high-tech handheld with lots of possibilities - if people perceive it's value and Sony releases the right games, people won't be bothered by the price. Look at Apple damn it.

For those who said "Sony didn't learn anything" - and how would they learn in your opinion? Releasing a mildly stronger but cheaper console months after the 3DS? What's the chance of such device attract any atention by any means?

That's what Nintendo tried with the Gamecube - moderately stronger, $199 - and it died a screaming death (even though I love it <3)

You win!

Cthulhu said:
haxxiy said:

You win!

Win what? I think what everyone means is that putting out an affordable and reasonably spec'd alternative for a little bit more than the 3DS would be the smart move. Sony's focus should be more on the software side of things than the hardware in my opinion. Apple wins because of two main factors: image and an easy sleek interface. Sony should be aiming for a clean UI, great social options, and tried & true controls.

If these specs are true or close to the actual specs I'd say a pricetag of over $300 is pretty much a given unless Sony made some magically cost effective hardware. You can't even really compare the PSP brand to Apple devices. I think the general consensus is that the Apple brand is hip whereas Sony products are quality but a little too expensive initially. Sony doesn't have that global appeal that Apple has captured since the iPod's rise to fame.

The PSP2's success will most likely come down to three factors: price, games, and non gaming applications. The better 2 & 3 are the more likely people will swallow a high price, but convincing the younger audience to not go for 3D might be a struggle. Sony seems to be aiming for teenagers and adults head on if these specs are legit, which is the same exact demographic as the original PSP. I don't know it just seems the same exact battle all over again. Well, we won't have to wait much longer to see how everything pans out anyhow.

Roma said:

Here you have a source on that :)

that source is from feb 9 2005 so hopefully things have changed a bit by now

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

NiKKoM said:

As for people who are saying that an iPhone 4 is expensive.. that's actually the carriers fault.. T-mobile actually sells the phone at 420 euros to the shops with a suggested retail price of 649 euro's.. and people are willing to pay that..

but I call bullshit unless the PSP2 is for 2012-2013.. there ain't no Quad core ARM Cortex A-9 in production yet.. they just started rolling out the dual cores..

Altrough i think it will use Tegra 2 or Tegra 2 3D platform not Tegra 3.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB