By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2 specs leaked out? HOLY DAMN!

PlaystaionGamer said:

oo and 5inch? jesus! thats actually really big

if you think that is big you should see my 10inch!

wait what are we talking about again?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

sony doesn't need to learn a 'lesson' >_> they did well with the PSP, not as well as the DS but it was a success for them. It's annoying how there is at least one person coming into all PSP related threads to downplay it

people dont know what an success for the PSP was, really? 

see it sold 60 million which is pretty good. But because the DS sold twice as many people think it failed. 

we dont know what the success the PSP bought to sony. For all we know the PSP could of been an huge success and made them millions. But we know the publishers didn't because that system had so much piracy its an shame. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Oh noooo!!! they didn't learn!!

nooooo! 

Fuck that, do your thing Sony

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Launch it for $250 with 3G support and they might be able to give Nintendo a run for their money this time.

if sony could launch this for 300 bucks and has a decent game line-up, we are looking at a pretty solid handheld device

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

Around the Network

For only 599,99 US DOLLARS ^^

Besides the battery life for this would least what ? 25 minutes ?

I just wanna know if sony will keep the UMD slot or not.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

If Sony could really build somthing like this cheaply, don't you think they'd already be doing it? As it is, their phones aren't really cheaper than the competition, nor are vastly technically superior. And they aren't making a whole lot of money either.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

mchaza said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

sony doesn't need to learn a 'lesson' >_> they did well with the PSP, not as well as the DS but it was a success for them. It's annoying how there is at least one person coming into all PSP related threads to downplay it

see it sold 60 million which is pretty good. But because the DS sold twice as many people think it failed. 

we dont know what the success the PSP bought to sony. For all we know the PSP could of been an huge success and made them millions. But we know the publishers didn't because that system had so much piracy its an shame. 

If the PSP made a lot of money, then the PS3 lost more money than we thought. They lost billions of dollars the last few years, so they money had to be lost someplace. I doubt they were losing it on the PS2.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

mchaza said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

The failure of the PSP was not in its hardware sales, it was a massive disappointment because of its software sales ...

Much like how it is significantly more expensive to develop a HD console game than a Wii game, it is significantly more expensive to produce a PSP game than an Nintendo DS game; and, while the PSP sold roughly 1/2 as many units as Nintendo did with the DS, the PSP was selling 1/4 to 1/3 as much software as the Nintendo DS was for most of its life.

Both the higher hardware sales and the lower software sales were impacted by how easy it was to pirate PSP games from day one.

With that said, back to the original post ...

If most of the Rumours are true about the PSP's hardware I would expect the PSP2 to sell dramatically worse than the PSP did. From the sound of it, the PSP2 will probably be sold at a much higher price than the PSP was, and will probably be launched a year after the 3DS; and looking at the history of consoles, launching a year after the successor to the market leading console or at a higher price has translated into very bad sales for every company that has tried it.

Since nobody has posted it yet, here it goes: