By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 5 Reasons Why Nintendo Is Doomed

Man what a crappy article I would have at least liked to see some journalistic work go into it. It is an opinion peice and not a very good one at that. None of his reasons hold water, not even Apple could kill Nintendo. They are far from doomed and with 3DS and the next console around the corner I can't wait for this guy to eat his words.

Honestly MSN, this is bad. it really damages your reputation to publish opinion peices like this. This belongs on a forum or something not in an article on a news site. Maybe if they rephrased the article saying "Nintendo to loose market share in the future to Apple Corp" then if they provided sales stats and such this would be a valid article, news worthy.

But this isn't factual, its barely even based on fact. Its just some over paid under worked journalists opinion. Give me some facts to back up your next article MSN!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Rol got a job as an analyst?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Regarding Apple - well one thing Apple could and will probably do (perhaps soon?) is come out with its own glassless 3d Ipod. That could take some of the "uniqueness" factor from the 3DS and cost it at least some sales from the gadget crowd, but even then the 3DS would still be in a similar position the DS was vs. the Ipod (?)

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Are u sure this article was not from IGN?

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Shonen said:

Are u sure this article was not from IGN?

Or better yet, Kotaku.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Around the Network

Are we having these articles every 2 days now? It was bi-weekly not so long ago!

RolStoppable said:

When I first saw the thread title, I assumed some VGC member is copying me! I was so totally prepared to shred Snesboy to pieces.

EDIT: After visiting the source I have to ask: What's this Motley Fool thing about?

I believe thats an objective business news journalist being completely objective about his own capabilities at predicting the herd mentality of the stock market. A fool and his money, etc etc.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.