By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 5 Reasons Why Nintendo Is Doomed

Seece said:

Nintendo arnt doomed, very silly. However my opinion on 3DS sales.

It won't sell more than DS.

Initial high price won't hinder sales in the long run.

3D won't be as appealing as the dual screen was.

Apple and their ever growing marketshare.

3DS not getting AS many revisions as DS, it's already smaller than a DS lite right?

Although you're evil, I kinda agree with you.

3D is cool, but you get tired, Apple can be a treat, and this gen is a pinnacle for handhelds, it'll take a generation or four to any handheld to catch up with DS

Around the Network
Christian973 said:

1. It's too late - How is it too late? Its the first in the new gen of handhelds.

2. No one cares about 3D outside the multiplex - Could be true.

3. Toddlers are out - Yep, but how many toddlers (I'm guessing up to 3yrs old or so is a toddler) play video games?

4. Price is too high - Not really.

5. Apple owns Nintendo - Lol good one.

I can't really see how Apple will be a big thread to Nintendo or even Sony. They have, what, five dollar budget games selling for one dollar while on PSP and DS the game budget are much bigger.

Sure, there are people that just want to pick up something and casually play a simple game, but 'when you want to really game on a handheld, who do you call?'

"NINTENDO AND SONY!"

Here comes the Knights of Ninty to the rescue, god forbid if anyone has a negative opinion toward the precious and fragile Ninty. Its one guys opinion, he didnt state it as fact. And for the record I dont agree with any of his points except for maybe the whole 3D thing and people not caring about it on such a small screen, their might be some truth to that

But this was brought to us by msnbc and not Fox News. 

Only they make up news, right?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
Seece said:

Nintendo arnt doomed, very silly. However my opinion on 3DS sales.

It won't sell more than DS.

Initial high price won't hinder sales in the long run.

3D won't be as appealing as the dual screen was.

Apple and their ever growing marketshare.

3DS not getting AS many revisions as DS, it's already smaller than a DS lite right?

It doesn't need to be smaller in a revision, just different. DSi XL is bigger than DSi. Gameboy Color is bigger than Gameboy pocket...

lol

I was absolutely sure this was a sarcastic post with made-up points in order to be funny... until I saw the link

Contrary to popular opinion on this thread, I think we should put this guy's opinion front and center, in the middle of the spot light, so it will spread like wildfire and lower NTDOY stock prices... then we strike in for the kill!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

gumby_trucker said:

lol

I was absolutely sure this was a sarcastic post with made-up points in order to be funny... until I saw the link

Contrary to popular opinion on this thread, I think we should put this guy's opinion front and center, in the middle of the spot light, so it will spread like wildfire and lower NTDOY stock prices... then we strike in for the kill!

When I first saw the thread title, I assumed that it was a rol thread!

Wow, well game journalists were right about the DS and Wii being a gimmick and failing so who are we to say they have no idea what they are talking about?

Unless...  

made it myself just now lol! needs no further explanation I think...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club