By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario & Sonic over 1 million now

one former labmate of mine came from a lab (by "lab" i mean workstations rooms because we're theorists) (also, we're graduate students) whose advisor bought an xbox for the group so that "students can learn from the advance graphics techniques and apply on [for the graphical aspect of a program they develop]".

a few months later, the advisor sent out an email:

"... i'm disappointing that with so many people playing the XBOX that nobody has yet applied those ideas on our program..."

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

on topic:

i wonder how many copies JL thought M&S was gonna sell?

the Wii is an epidemic.

mancandy said:
leo-j said:
stof said:
leo-j said:
Hey the game is fun, people buy it. I played it and its better than wii sports. Heck its one of the best games Ive played all year.

On Wii? or on anything? 

On wii, they bring the xbox360 and wii to my school for a whole week every school year. They had the mario olympics and forza 2 playing.

You get to play consoles in your school?!? WTF?!? Lucky!!!

We got to play Oregon Trail on a green monochrome screen. It was fun game though.

I could play my psp in class the teachers even get into it.

mM

I played it, found it to be either so motion-intensive that it was too tiring to really be fun, or the controls were too complex for new players to get into it without a lot of difficulty. It doesn't have nearly the perfect balance that Wii Sports does.

mancandy said:

We got to play Oregon Trail on a green monochrome screen. It was fun game though. 

Yes!  Monochrome Oregon Trail for the win!

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

I've played M&S, and I think it deserves it. Gameplay is fun, and there's a lot of variation. Many testers complained about the controls being too complicated - I actually think it's a good thing they're not too shallow.

It's a bit lacking in overall presentation, though. You can tell from the graphics, animations, menus and music that this is not an in-house Nintendo game.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

while i didn't like this game at all, i hope that its the beginning of a good relationship between nintendo and sega

imagine sonic in a mario kart game, imagine an rpg with sonic an mario fighting bowser and robotnik, how cool would that be

leo-j said:
mancandy said:
leo-j said:
stof said:
leo-j said:
Hey the game is fun, people buy it. I played it and its better than wii sports. Heck its one of the best games Ive played all year.

On Wii? or on anything? 

On wii, they bring the xbox360 and wii to my school for a whole week every school year. They had the mario olympics and forza 2 playing.

I could play my psp in class the teachers even get into it.

what the hell kind of school do you go to? are you in a special class or something :P

@Okey dokey

I go to a normal public school. When we finish our work, we can play our electronics.

mM

I wish my school was like yours.