By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mass Effect 2 is selling out

BengaBenga said:
Crystalchild said:
Icyedge said:
BengaBenga said:
AngelosL said:

I'm definitely going to buy mass effect 2,but I have a question: Should I borrow a 360 from a friend and play Mass Effect 1 before I buy it?What I want to say is,is it worth the time i'm going to spend playing?

If you're going to do that I definetely recommend you to play Mass Effect 2 on 360 as well. The transfer of your ME1 character into ME2 brings so much extra storylines, character interactions and funny sidestuff.

Edit: and yes, Mass Effect is a fantastic game as well with an amazing story, charters and world. You'll enjoy ME2 even more if you play that first.

He can always select the choice he made in ME1 in the ME2 interactive comic and this will do the exact same thing no?

i remember scenes, related to the decisions i made in the comic. (many, many times.. ) so yes, i dont think you miss anything. in fact, by choosing different in the comic, you could change many things in just minutes (when starting anew)... which would be actually be another positive point when buying the ps3 version.. changing the past n' stuff without playing ME1.. ^^

The main decisions definitely carry over through the comic, but I read somewhere that only 6 decisions are put into the comic, while ~50 carry over through a ME->ME2 character transfer.

But nevertheless Mass Effect is my favorite series this gen, and Mass Effect 2 is fabulous in every aspect, so no matter how you decide to play the games, you'll be in for a great time.

I doubt you only make 6 decisions in a 15 minute comic.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BengaBenga said:
Crystalchild said:

i remember scenes, related to the decisions i made in the comic. (many, many times.. ) so yes, i dont think you miss anything. in fact, by choosing different in the comic, you could change many things in just minutes (when starting anew)... which would be actually be another positive point when buying the ps3 version.. changing the past n' stuff without playing ME1.. ^^

The main decisions definitely carry over through the comic, but I read somewhere that only 6 decisions are put into the comic, while ~50 carry over through a ME->ME2 character transfer.

But nevertheless Mass Effect is my favorite series this gen, and Mass Effect 2 is fabulous in every aspect, so no matter how you decide to play the games, you'll be in for a great time.

I doubt you only make 6 decisions in a 15 minute comic.

Here's a link with the comics and some background (BEWARE MAJOR ME & ME2 SPOILERS!!!)
http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/mass-effect-2-ps3-interactive-comic-decisions-come-inside-if-youve-played-me1-1480713/

Just google it, everywhere it says the comic holds the six main decisions (which is fine, those are the most important), but the funny sidestuff and secondary character interactions will not be included.

I am loving it! Im playing back to back with LBP2!!!!!

My Girlfriend hates me!!!!!!

binary solo said:

I think sales are helped a wee bit by PS360 owners re-buying for the additional content especially if they didn't buy the DLC for their 360 version. That has not happened for any other late ports. That probably won't help ME3 sales much though.

At full price? I doubt it. Buying the DLC's would be (much) cheaper no? 

What CristalChild said however is a big plus for those who are passionate about the game and want to play thorough it again. It offers not only the possibility of playing differently, but to start off differently to begin with. All sequels that are influenced by the choices in the previous game should carry something like this.

Disipointing sales in australia as it has been pushed back a week. the Guy at the store said that it was delayed beacause of the floods in queensland and they could not get the game in stock.it nows comes out on the 27 australia wide. So it looks like i have to wait a week. I have not checked the playstation store though it might be up there

Around the Network

i will laugh if it outsells what the 360 version did on day one, although the chances of that will be slip if they under-estimated demand

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

In some other thread, I predicted one million sold in a year for this game.  I hope I'm way under, too.  There are games out there that I simply adore (Chrono Trigger, MGS3, Lost Odyssey, Unchareted 2, etc.) and while I don't gain anything from there success, it means a lot to me when others embrace them.  I'm just glad that PS3 owners seem to be putting aside any bias or preconceived feelings about this game and just playing this masterpiece.  Far too often, these late ports get ignored.  This isn't the case with ME2 and I couldn't be happier.

Something tells me they undershipped,because they thought the game wouldn't sell any big amount.I have a feeling this won't even be over 50k FW,despite the fact that it's sold-out at retailers.

Selling out with digital version disponible too... fantastic.

The bad new was the $60 for download de game... so much expensive.

PS3 owners, buy the first game for PC.  Please. 

BOOM!  FACE KICK!