By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mass Effect 2 is selling out

This is one of the rarest occasions where a late port meets great sales. Read up guys.

Year-late ports rarely do as well as a game’s original release. That might not be the case with Mass Effect 2, which released this past Tuesday on PlayStation 3. According to developer Bioware, the sci-fi role-playing game is “selling out” at retailers. 

“We have heard from numerous sources that retail copies of Mass Effect 2on the PS3 is sold out at many retailers and fans are unable to find a copy,” BioWare Community Coordinator, Chris Priestly, wrote on the BioWare forums. “While this is good news for us (we WANT to sell lots of copies), we want our fans to be able to find a copy and play for themselves.”

Priestly started up a topic on the forum, asking users who were able to find a copy of the game to post which store they found it at, so that fans seeking a physical copy can head out and pick it up.

Of course, those who have big hard-drives and/or free space can always buy the game off of PlayStation Network — the version that can never sell out.

http://scrawlfx.com/2011/01/bioware-mass-effect-2-for-ps3-selling-out

Way to go Bioware! Mass Effect 2's sales are going to reach a new high!

Around the Network

Does this mean that Bioware is actually going to throw more support at the PS3 now?

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Awesome news! This game deserves all the sales it can get!

Good news for Bioware and EA, well deserved it seems for an excellent port. but i wonder how good these sales actully are?? and i dont think we'll find out until next week unfortunately.

Gojimaster said:

Does this mean that Bioware is actually going to throw more support at the PS3 now?

They already are.

Around the Network

NICE!

Any chance for a trilogy release for the PS3?

Good for them xD. 

That's great news. The series deserves more sales.

Xen said:

NICE!

Microsoft owns the rights to the first game so no. You know one and two would've been on one disc if it hadn't been for Microsoft owning ME1.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xen said:

NICE!

Microsoft owns the rights to the first game so no. You know one and two would've been on one disc if it hadn't been for Microsoft owning ME1.

Fully? I thought they only owned publishing rights...

As for the two of them being on one disc, no I didn't know that :P