By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mass Effect 2 is selling out

oniyide said:

Pretty good, considering that people were expecting the game to flop really hard on PS3. I will be shocked if is does a mil. and ill laugh if it sells as well as the 360 version(not likely)

Even though it won't come close to the sales of the 360 version,I'm pretty sure that the game will surpass the 1 million mark,given the reviews, the number of ps3 hardcore gamers and the fact that the title is already very famous.

Around the Network

Honestly, I think it's just because they shipped a low amount of ME2, I just don't see the game selling really well for the full price being a year late port. However, it's good to know these sales are over their expectations!

good news, bought me a copy.

I will be getting this when it gets discounted. Meanwhile, I might get ME 1 for my PC. If I can find it for cheap.

Horrorfest said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xen said:

NICE!

Any chance for a trilogy release for the PS3?

Microsoft owns the rights to the first game so no. You know one and two would've been on one disc if it hadn't been for Microsoft owning ME1.

But Bioshock and Ninja Gaiden were both published by Microsoft and obviously they found there way to the PS3. Is the first Mass Effect itself funded by Microsoft? I'm guessing this is the case.

Yes, the first Mass Effect was funded by Microsoft for its creation. The own everything but the games IP which belongs to Bioware pertaining to the first game. Ninja Gaiden 2 was a totally different story. Ninja Gaiden 2 was funded by Tecmo, it's creators. Microsoft paid Tecmo for timed-exclusivity of Ninja Gaiden 2 so Sony couldn't get their hands on it in time to make a profit. Sony knew they own the Japanese market when it comes to HD sales so Tecmo basically used all of the money Microsoft gave them to make a superior Ninja Gaiden for Sony as to not displease the Japanese audience. Bioshock...well that was just a sad story, but still a good port. 

Around the Network

Be nice if they announced initial shipment, but I doubtr they will announce shipment until the end of the Quarter. I think they shipped ~500K.

At my local JB Hi-Fi they allocated enough shelf space for about 4 copies of the game. There was one copy sitting on the shelf when I went down there this afternoon.

My benchmark for great sales for this game on PS3 is 1 million lifetime. For decent sales 750K. I really hope ME3 on PS3 gets close to 2 million.

I hope my expectations are way low too.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Crystalchild said:
Icyedge said:
BengaBenga said:
AngelosL said:

I'm definitely going to buy mass effect 2,but I have a question: Should I borrow a 360 from a friend and play Mass Effect 1 before I buy it?What I want to say is,is it worth the time i'm going to spend playing?

If you're going to do that I definetely recommend you to play Mass Effect 2 on 360 as well. The transfer of your ME1 character into ME2 brings so much extra storylines, character interactions and funny sidestuff.

Edit: and yes, Mass Effect is a fantastic game as well with an amazing story, charters and world. You'll enjoy ME2 even more if you play that first.

He can always select the choice he made in ME1 in the ME2 interactive comic and this will do the exact same thing no?

i remember scenes, related to the decisions i made in the comic. (many, many times.. ) so yes, i dont think you miss anything. in fact, by choosing different in the comic, you could change many things in just minutes (when starting anew)... which would be actually be another positive point when buying the ps3 version.. changing the past n' stuff without playing ME1.. ^^

I played the first game on the 360. This is why I am not complaining about the major fillers points in the 15 min comic which you use to mold the story which ever way you want. The only things that truly need to be changed in preparation for the third game are the major parts. Plus...I love Dark horse comics, which is why almost every high profile game company which uses them trusts them with their IP's. :)

I think sales are helped a wee bit by PS360 owners re-buying for the additional content especially if they didn't buy the DLC for their 360 version. That has not happened for any other late ports. That probably won't help ME3 sales much though.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Mass Effect 2's success on PS3 is important if Bioware is to continue supporting the system, so this is great.

Crystalchild said:
Icyedge said:
BengaBenga said:
AngelosL said:

I'm definitely going to buy mass effect 2,but I have a question: Should I borrow a 360 from a friend and play Mass Effect 1 before I buy it?What I want to say is,is it worth the time i'm going to spend playing?

If you're going to do that I definetely recommend you to play Mass Effect 2 on 360 as well. The transfer of your ME1 character into ME2 brings so much extra storylines, character interactions and funny sidestuff.

Edit: and yes, Mass Effect is a fantastic game as well with an amazing story, charters and world. You'll enjoy ME2 even more if you play that first.

He can always select the choice he made in ME1 in the ME2 interactive comic and this will do the exact same thing no?

i remember scenes, related to the decisions i made in the comic. (many, many times.. ) so yes, i dont think you miss anything. in fact, by choosing different in the comic, you could change many things in just minutes (when starting anew)... which would be actually be another positive point when buying the ps3 version.. changing the past n' stuff without playing ME1.. ^^

The main decisions definitely carry over through the comic, but I read somewhere that only 6 decisions are put into the comic, while ~50 carry over through a ME->ME2 character transfer.

But nevertheless Mass Effect is my favorite series this gen, and Mass Effect 2 is fabulous in every aspect, so no matter how you decide to play the games, you'll be in for a great time.