By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mass Effect 2 is selling out

Jexy said:

PS3 owners, buy the first game for PC.  Please.

I will not buy... just play ME2 and ME3.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Jexy said:

Dont get me wrong i would like to play ME1 then ME2, but part of the point is that your decisions carry over, and if you play on PC thats not possible.

and i'm not getting ME2 until the summer anyway, because i've got other games i want more tbh, but i cant be bothered to play the 1st one. if it was on the blu ray from the start yes, but its not.

A203D said:
ethomaz said:
Jexy said:

Dont get me wrong i would like to play ME1 then ME2, but part of the point is that your decisions carry over, and if you play on PC thats not possible.

and i'm not getting ME2 until the summer anyway, because i've got other games i want more tbh, but i cant be bothered to play the 1st one. if it was on the blu ray from the start yes, but its not.

That was one of points for me not play the first one.

Bioware could be made a feature to import PC save from USB.

oh please hello no. This game has sold enough as it is. It doesnt need to steal sales from more deserving games on the PS3 aswell :(

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Great news for the PS3! I don't own any console here at home although most people get an Xbox (and not a PS3) because thay can get pirated games for no more than a dollar. I would lovvvvvvve to have a PS3 but to me, Game piracy is the only choice because the original games in my country cost north of 100$. Only some really old ones are discounted. No hack for the PS3 (not where i live at least).......No PS3!

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:

oh please hello no. This game has sold enough as it is. It doesnt need to steal sales from more deserving games on the PS3 aswell :(

I dont think it is man, theres nothing i can think of this would be in competition with tbh, i'm not buying it until the summer anyway when it will probabily be cheaper, i got other games i want more. but i'm glad its doing well!

Horrorfest said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xen said:

NICE!

Any chance for a trilogy release for the PS3?

Microsoft owns the rights to the first game so no. You know one and two would've been on one disc if it hadn't been for Microsoft owning ME1.

But Bioshock and Ninja Gaiden were both published by Microsoft and obviously they found there way to the PS3. Is the first Mass Effect itself funded by Microsoft? I'm guessing this is the case.

I am pretty sure that 2K published Bioshock considering they own Irrational Games.

@d21lewis  i think you have us mistaken for Wii owners but all jokes aside. A good game is a good game. I played a little bit of both games on a friends 360, but only got a taste of the battle system, which i find to be just ok. But sitting for a few hours and watching the story unfold, i havent truly experienced till just now. I can understand why the game got so much accolades

@jexy will do!

BengaBenga said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BengaBenga said:
Crystalchild said:

i remember scenes, related to the decisions i made in the comic. (many, many times.. ) so yes, i dont think you miss anything. in fact, by choosing different in the comic, you could change many things in just minutes (when starting anew)... which would be actually be another positive point when buying the ps3 version.. changing the past n' stuff without playing ME1.. ^^

The main decisions definitely carry over through the comic, but I read somewhere that only 6 decisions are put into the comic, while ~50 carry over through a ME->ME2 character transfer.

But nevertheless Mass Effect is my favorite series this gen, and Mass Effect 2 is fabulous in every aspect, so no matter how you decide to play the games, you'll be in for a great time.

I doubt you only make 6 decisions in a 15 minute comic.

Here's a link with the comics and some background (BEWARE MAJOR ME & ME2 SPOILERS!!!)
http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/mass-effect-2-ps3-interactive-comic-decisions-come-inside-if-youve-played-me1-1480713/

Just google it, everywhere it says the comic holds the six main decisions (which is fine, those are the most important), but the funny sidestuff and secondary character interactions will not be included.

My friend said he made a little over 10 decisions in the comic. I just saw his trophies on Facebook, so I believe him.

only get 6 decisions, too.

oh and by thar way.. there are videos of the comics on youtube, so you can look for yourself.

@S.T.A.G.E:

maybe he meant 10 decisions if you combine Intro (which comes BEFORE the comic) and the comic 'tself?

that could be, but only the comic is about ME1.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!