By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mass Effect 2 is selling out

Crystalchild said:

only get 6 decisions, too.

oh and by thar way.. there are videos of the comics on youtube, so you can look for yourself.

@S.T.A.G.E:

maybe he meant 10 decisions if you combine Intro (which comes BEFORE the comic) and the comic 'tself?

that could be, but only the comic is about ME1.

I dunno, probably. He said the decisions were enough for him though having already played ME1 on the PC.

Around the Network
jneul said:

i will laugh if it outsells what the 360 version did on day one, although the chances of that will be slip if they under-estimated demand

Is this is a joke? You are aware that this game didn't make the preorder list at all, right?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
jneul said:

i will laugh if it outsells what the 360 version did on day one, although the chances of that will be slip if they under-estimated demand

Is this is a joke? You are aware that this game didn't make the preorder list at all, right?

It wasn't supposed to be. They didn't even give pre-order incentives. I believe they put the Dragon Armor as DLC.

ethomaz said:
Jexy said:

PS3 owners, buy the first game for PC.  Please.

I will not buy... just play ME2 and ME3.

If/when I get a PC capable of running ME1 I probably will. It'll only be $10-$20 (NZD) by then, so shouldn't be a problem. I think it would be totally cool if EA could somehow figure out how to get the save from PC converted to a PS3 format save, then transfer the ME1 PC save onto PS3. You'd get a surge in ME1 PC sales, and it really wouldn't affect PC sales of ME2 or 3 because people who prefer ME on PC will still get it on PC over console.

Hey! that would be a pretty cool Homebrew hting to do, now that PS3 is cracked wide open.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

themanwithnoname said:
jneul said:

You are aware that you're talking to jnuel?

Around the Network

I don't have a 360 (won't be) and my pc is rly not built for gaming (not sure if I can even manage mass effect 1)

But I intend toplay mass effect 1 on the pc, and then played ME2 on the ps3 plus the interactive comic.

Those of you who have played the series w/ an ongoing character and have seen the interactive comic. Would say say my way of playing will be much less enjoyable. I've read the thread and and I understand where you're all coming from, (I know mass effect 2 is good on it's own and I know playing both w/ a continuing characters is the biggest appeal and that only only get 6 decisions in the comic) but I just want to know if doign what I jus mentioned would be good enough in your opinion. I've really tried to keep my knowledge about the game to a minimum so I try to avoid reading up on stuff.

EDIT: Sorry for the typos, for some reason, the words are doubling up in my messages today

anyone knows how much this sold week 1 or day 1?

cause i've been looking everywhere and i only find a few random articles that are no help!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xen said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xen said:

NICE!

Any chance for a trilogy release for the PS3?

Microsoft owns the rights to the first game so no. You know one and two would've been on one disc if it hadn't been for Microsoft owning ME1.

Fully? I thought they only owned publishing rights...

As for the two of them being on one disc, no I didn't know that :P

They funded the game, which means the game exclusively belongs to them. The IP does not belong to Microsoft. This is their issue where Sony is better with 2nd  party titles. They actually buy the IP's.

I think they could pull of something like a ME1 Sigma and bypass the exclusivity like Ninja Gaiden.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ethomaz said:
A203D said:
ethomaz said:
Jexy said:

PS3 owners, buy the first game for PC.  Please.

I will not buy... just play ME2 and ME3.

Dont get me wrong i would like to play ME1 then ME2, but part of the point is that your decisions carry over, and if you play on PC thats not possible.

and i'm not getting ME2 until the summer anyway, because i've got other games i want more tbh, but i cant be bothered to play the 1st one. if it was on the blu ray from the start yes, but its not.

That was one of points for me not play the first one.

Bioware could be made a feature to import PC save from USB.

Youy are also missing a ton of story. Basically most of plot of the game is based off side missions from the first game as well as choices that you make that aren't explained properly at all in the comic.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Good!