By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mass Effect 2 is selling out

You all should be thankful.  If this game did poorly on the PS3, I was going to release a plague onto the earth.  Crisis averted.

Around the Network

This is pretty good news :D 

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

AngelosL said:
BengaBenga said:
AngelosL said:

I'm definitely going to buy mass effect 2,but I have a question: Should I borrow a 360 from a friend and play Mass Effect 1 before I buy it?What I want to say is,is it worth the time i'm going to spend playing?

If you're going to do that I definetely recommend you to play Mass Effect 2 on 360 as well. The transfer of your ME1 character into ME2 brings so much extra storylines, character interactions and funny sidestuff.

You reminded me of the glorious Baldur's Gate days :)  I didn't know about the extra storylines.I'll have to think about what to do...I want those games on my collection but I think the 360 is too expensive for just 2 titles (I'm really not interested in anything else,except perhaps Alan Wake).

Oh and by the way, thanks a lot!

I would definitely do as Benga suggests if it's an option. But just playing ME1 before ME2 still makes a big difference, so even if you can't play ME2 on the 360 and transfer your character, you should still at least play ME1. But the way the stories connect from game to game is amazing and really makes you feel like your decisions shape the world. I might be exaggerating a bit, but I really love how Bioware have done it, because it's done so well!

And Alan Wake is awesome imo.

Rainbird said:
AngelosL said:
BengaBenga said:
AngelosL said:

I'm definitely going to buy mass effect 2,but I have a question: Should I borrow a 360 from a friend and play Mass Effect 1 before I buy it?What I want to say is,is it worth the time i'm going to spend playing?

If you're going to do that I definetely recommend you to play Mass Effect 2 on 360 as well. The transfer of your ME1 character into ME2 brings so much extra storylines, character interactions and funny sidestuff.

You reminded me of the glorious Baldur's Gate days :)  I didn't know about the extra storylines.I'll have to think about what to do...I want those games on my collection but I think the 360 is too expensive for just 2 titles (I'm really not interested in anything else,except perhaps Alan Wake).

Oh and by the way, thanks a lot!

I would definitely do as Benga suggests if it's an option. But just playing ME1 before ME2 still makes a big difference, so even if you can't play ME2 on the 360 and transfer your character, you should still at least play ME1. But the way the stories connect from game to game is amazing and really makes you feel like your decisions shape the world. I might be exaggerating a bit, but I really love how Bioware have done it, because it's done so well!

And Alan Wake is awesome imo.

You are not exaggerating,this is how it's supposed to feel when you are a gamer and you experience a great RPG.Thanks!

BengaBenga said:
AngelosL said:

Edit: and yes, Mass Effect is a fantastic game as well with an amazing story, charters and world. You'll enjoy ME2 even more if you play that first.

He can always select the choice he made in ME1 in the ME2 interactive comic and this will do the exact same thing no?

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
BengaBenga said:
AngelosL said:

Edit: and yes, Mass Effect is a fantastic game as well with an amazing story, charters and world. You'll enjoy ME2 even more if you play that first.

He can always select the choice he made in ME1 in the ME2 interactive comic and this will do the exact same thing no?

i remember scenes, related to the decisions i made in the comic. (many, many times.. ) so yes, i dont think you miss anything. in fact, by choosing different in the comic, you could change many things in just minutes (when starting anew)... which would be actually be another positive point when buying the ps3 version.. changing the past n' stuff without playing ME1.. ^^

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xen said:

NICE!

Any chance for a trilogy release for the PS3?

Microsoft owns the rights to the first game so no. You know one and two would've been on one disc if it hadn't been for Microsoft owning ME1.

But Bioshock and Ninja Gaiden were both published by Microsoft and obviously they found there way to the PS3. Is the first Mass Effect itself funded by Microsoft? I'm guessing this is the case.

Crystalchild said:
Icyedge said:
BengaBenga said:
AngelosL said:

i remember scenes, related to the decisions i made in the comic. (many, many times.. ) so yes, i dont think you miss anything. in fact, by choosing different in the comic, you could change many things in just minutes (when starting anew)... which would be actually be another positive point when buying the ps3 version.. changing the past n' stuff without playing ME1.. ^^

Guess that bottom line, he should play ME1 on 360, then get ME2 on PS3 and do whatever choice he wanna do. Thanks for the input.

Icyedge said:
Crystalchild said:
Icyedge said:
BengaBenga said:
AngelosL said:

Guess that bottom line, he should play ME1 on 360, then get ME2 on PS3 and do whatever choice he wanna do. Thanks for the input.

I think that's what I'm gonna do.

Pretty good, considering that people were expecting the game to flop really hard on PS3. I will be shocked if is does a mil. and ill laugh if it sells as well as the 360 version(not likely)