By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
damkira said:
patriot7mejr said:
damkira said:
I missed out on the N64 but I am playing OOT now (after I've beaten TP) The different controls and graphics take some getting used to, but OOT is an awesome game.

well if it is so good... how come i didn't like it?

Uhh.. because you only played it for a few minutes.  OOT is the highest ranked game of all time. The awesomeness of this title is not my opinion its pretty much a fact.

Here, have a link:

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

maybe i played it on a day..... that i had a bad day.. i'll give it another shot

Around the Network

Yes, you need to play the game more. At least beat the game before you judge it.

I like Bacon said:
Yes, you need to play the game more. At least beat the game before you judge it.

don't have to beat it to judge it.

Then this topic fails at life.

OoT is the only Zelda game I played through to completion. IMO it's the best game of all time. Maybe you should give it another shot.

Around the Network

If he's willing to play it again to see if his opinion changes, then I'll support whatever his opinion is.
Apparently he's been spoiled by Twilight Princess combined with the Smooth Wiimote+nunchuck controls before having ever played OoT. I can totally understand if he's feeling jerked around by the controls, and a bit let down with the plot, especially with how much hype it has.
I had trouble attempting to play Twilight Princess using the gamecube's controller, so if I had never played OoT until after having played TP, I'm pretty sure I might have had a similar opinion.

Seriously, there needs to be a slogan, like: "Once you play Wii, no other console for thee"

Still, you don't need to beat a game in order to judge it, but it sure as heck needs more than 5 minutes... I'd say... play it up until you at least go adult link, and get the bow and arrow. I think that's where the game really hits its stride.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

I must admit that after playing TP, going back to OOT does feel a bit clunky. The controls just don't seem as smooth. OOT was definitely the better game though.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Link's Awakening>Twilight Princess>Link to the Past>the rest

I haven't put the rest in order yet. OoT is great, but I liked all 3 of those more.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Bored in the first few minutes? did you even get to the deku tree?, its great straight away

This bears a striking resemblance to the gentleman who was banned this morning along side GGE.