By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda:OOT sucks.

eab said:

Grow up "patriot7mejr" seriously. Is OoT good compared to modern day games?Proably not. Is a katana a good weapon for war these days? Probably not. Looking at something that was flawless in the past and using today's standards to judge it makes no sense. Everyone knows OoT was fantastic when it game out, and thats all that matters really. Making a thread saying it sucks is just immature, asyou know over 90% of the people here have fond memories of the game.

I mean, what a stupid title for a thread. It's like a 9 year old's attempt to troll, just such a pathetic way to try and piss people off. I should go make a thread titled "SoNy fans like to suck balls, ha ha" or "Black people shouldn't play the 360"

+1

p.s.
Are  you implying, black people already play x360 ?
Nooooooo!!!!! 

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
patriot7mejr said:
I like Bacon said:
Yes, you need to play the game more. At least beat the game before you judge it.

don't have to beat it to judge it.

I agree. Why do you have to complete a game in order to judge it? How many people have completed Superman 64? How many judged it before 100% completion?

Only cause its a zelda game you have to finish it before you can judge it? Thank you no. If he doesnt like it, he can judge it beore finishing it.

ok, well, he should play more than a few minutes. A few hours maybe.

GhaleonUnlimited said:
mancandy said:
It's hard to appreciate the "oldies" since everyone is playing what's new. How many people here watch silent films from 1920's and say they are awesome?

I dunno, maybe people who actually know care about film.

This attitude is why the industry is in a massive creative rut right now, and it's only stale ideas/gameplay that seem to sell. If you don't understand or care about the history behind film or games or whatever, you don't have the perspective to make informed decisions as a consumer. That probably sounds like it's taking gaming too seriously, but I think it's valid and is important to me.

If you care about "film" you care about its origins. Plenty of people care about film but not many "hardc0re gamers" seem to know much about the broad spectrum of "gaming," and the older games people play is seems to be out of nostolgia, rather than "I'm going to play X sweet game on NES, because I never have before, and it's supposed to be FUN." Plus it saves me a lot of money -- I find most games aren't more fun than X game from the past (e.g. Doom II is 10x more enjoyable than Doom III).

Not everyone HAS to take the hobby that seriously or anything, but it doesn't seem like most people appreciate what ideas and games came before, unless they experienced them when they were new. It's sad because knowing history (whether it's world history or videogames) teaches a lot of lessons.

Exaclty what I was trying to say....but with more words. The majority of people that just got into gaming recently probably will never go back and play the "classics". Most people just aren't really concerned about the origins of the art.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078