By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation expansion into China planned!!!!

Damn it, I saw the news and took a shower before posting. That's what you get for delaying. :/

Around the Network

Wasn't there a Final Fantasy XIII version released in China that had chinese/english text and english/japanese voice tracks?

If this is right then... why would they release a game for a console that doesn't exist in that country? :P

I guess I'm probably wrong...

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Rainbird said:

Damn it, I saw the news and took a shower before posting. That's what you get for delaying. :/

It's not like teh vgmoneyz still exists, so...

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

This is a very smart decision. If this takes off in China it could be very promising nt only for  Sonys E&D division but as well as Sony as a whole. Imagine the profits that could happen with this many people. Seriously if it does take off Sony has the potential to claim 1st without trouble.

huaxiong90 said:
Rainbird said:

I still made a dupe thread though.

Around the Network

If I were sony, I would not release the ps3 in china yet. I would release the psp and ps2, way before the ps3 to "test the waters" and if it proves to be fairly profitable, I would release the ps3.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Rainbird said:
huaxiong90 said:
Rainbird said:

I still made a dupe thread though.

Ah, okay then. Better double check next time.

I assume now that these console sales wont count in VGChartz data, because it just wont be fair on Nintendo/Microsoft who don't ship the Wii/360 there?

Yeah. I've used that joke twice this week now. Anyway...

This will probably increase sales of PSP/PS2/PSP2 more than the PS3. I imagine the PS3 will be uber expensive, and the PS2 will be a prime, cheap opening console for them to sell there. It has by far the best console library... Ever, and it's by far the best way to introduce them to quality console gaming. We could yet see another 10 Million year from the damn thing

If this works out for Sony... It could change the dynamics of the generation greatly though.

homer said:

If I were sony, I would not release the ps3 in china yet. I would release the psp and ps2, way before the ps3 to "test the waters" and if it proves to be fairly profitable, I would release the ps3.

It's far too late in this generation, though. Wouldn't you agree?

Unless I'm overestimating the gaming market there...

Jdevil3 said:

Wasn't there a Final Fantasy XIII version released in China that had chinese/english text and english/japanese voice tracks?

If this is right then... why would they release a game for a console that doesn't exist in that country? :P

I guess I'm probably wrong...

Hong Kong...

And PS3 is available in China same with the PSP but that is import (from Hong Kong)... Sony wants to launch if officially in the Mainland still it is not that hard to find it in stores already..

will it be succesfull doubt it;..If you can have an yearly abonoment to play in an internet bar any game you want for only 50-100 $/€  why spend 3 times that much money for a console with no games..