By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation expansion into China planned!!!!

huaxiong90 said:
homer said:

If I were sony, I would not release the ps3 in china yet. I would release the psp and ps2, way before the ps3 to "test the waters" and if it proves to be fairly profitable, I would release the ps3.

It's far too late in this generation, though. Wouldn't you agree?

What do you mean far too late? If no one in China has a home console, what would the ps2 have to compete against(maybe the pc)? Why shouldn't they release the ps2, which I assume they make more money on per console, than the ps3? Also, they would not have to pay for psn, if they released only the ps2, and psn would probably be cheaper to sustain on the psp, than the ps3. Regardless how old these things are to us, they are new to the Chinese.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
homer said:
huaxiong90 said:
homer said:

If I were sony, I would not release the ps3 in china yet. I would release the psp and ps2, way before the ps3 to "test the waters" and if it proves to be fairly profitable, I would release the ps3.

What do you mean far too late? If no one in China has a home console, what would the ps2 have to compete against(maybe the pc)? Why shouldn't they release the ps2, which I assume they make more money on per console, than the ps3? Also, they would not have to pay for psn, if they released only the ps2, and psn would probably be cheaper to sustain on the psp, than the ps3. Regardless how old these things are to us, they are new to the Chinese.

I edited my post, but my point was in regards to imports.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Lostplanet22 said:
Jdevil3 said:

Wasn't there a Final Fantasy XIII version released in China that had chinese/english text and english/japanese voice tracks?

If this is right then... why would they release a game for a console that doesn't exist in that country? :P

I guess I'm probably wrong...

Hong Kong...

And PS3 is available in China same with the PSP but that is import (from Hong Kong)... Sony wants to launch if officially in the Mainland still it is not that hard to find it in stores already..

Oh, I see... so China has already been buying (importing) PS3s? :O Then I guess launching the console officially in that country won't increase sales dramatically... specially if it's already easy to find. Unless they can sell them cheaper than the imported PS3s?

EDIT: Extra "launching" word deleted, lol

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

huaxiong90 said:
homer said:

Unless I'm overestimating the gaming market there...

The only thing I could see happening though, is if they release the ps2 in China, it is possible that many devs would not try to localize their products for the chinese, and that would definately hurt the ps2. Regardless though, I think it would be wise for sony to release their ps2 before the ps3, in china.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Jdevil3 said:

Wasn't there a Final Fantasy XIII version released in China that had chinese/english text and english/japanese voice tracks?

If this is right then... why would they release a game for a console that doesn't exist in that country? :P

I guess I'm probably wrong...

Released in Hong Kong.

Same for the Demon's Souls Asian Edition that I and many others imported back in the day, since it had English text.

Around the Network

this could be big! sells going up?

Crap... more sales don't tracked by VGC... it means... I can't... I can... no I can't.

Over 1 BILLION potencial buyers.

OMG MORE UNDERTRACKED FOR THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!11!!1!1!1111oneoneonetwoohhaiderhowru?111!!!11

source is theCHIVE?

Interesting to note the similarity in branding with theONION

So is this a good news?