By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 profitable exclusives destroying PS3's will it last?

pizzahut451 said:
homer said:
pizzahut451 said:
homer said:
pizzahut451 said:
homer said:
pizzahut451 said:

Not really... 5 Gran Turismo games sold more than 5 Halo games.

This is true, but as of right now, I would probably say that Halo is the more popular series(going off of sales). We will have to see if Gran Turismo 5 can outsell reach though.

GT5 will outsell every Halo game except Halo 3 and MAAYBE Reach

Are you implying that halo 3 will sell more than Reach?

absolutely

I disagree.

but i changed my avatar to homer...

I am the other homer though. :(

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Admiral-Snake said:

Honestly the only thing I see for Microsoft this year is gears... We barely know anything about Kingdom so how can we even anticipate that will sell over 1mil copies ? Forza 4 meh its a good franchise, but its not a franchise I expect to be a huge seller. Things are looking better for Sony because they have more games coming out. Also yes at e3 Microsoft might announce something, but don't you think Sony will also ? I really don't expect much from Microsoft until the Holiday season as always. Sony needs to worry about the Holiday Season the most. Thats usually when Microsoft pulls the rabbit out of the hat. 

I'm positive Sony will announce something cool this year at E3, but do you think whatever that is will come out this year?  Sony loves to announce things years in advance.

As far as holidays are concerned, I think MS and Sony are fine.

Jay520 said:
twesterm said:
Admiral-Snake said:

Honestly the only thing I see for Microsoft this year is gears... We barely know anything about Kingdom so how can we even anticipate that will sell over 1mil copies ? Forza 4 meh its a good franchise, but its not a franchise I expect to be a huge seller. Things are looking better for Sony because they have more games coming out. Also yes at e3 Microsoft might announce something, but don't you think Sony will also ? I really don't expect much from Microsoft until the Holiday season as always. Sony needs to worry about the Holiday Season the most. Thats usually when Microsoft pulls the rabbit out of the hat. 

I'm positive Sony will announce something cool this year at E3, but do you think whatever that is will come out this year?  Sony loves to announce things years in advance.

Oh I agree I'm just saying I wouldn't expect Sony to announce a new game for this year at E3.  That's just not how they roll.

twesterm said:
Admiral-Snake said:

If Sony announces anymore exclusive titles that are hot this year it's going beyond overkill towards Microsoft. Microsoft is the company that needs to announce titles and they need to do it for this year.

Off course not when MS only has a single high profile exclusive coming out vs around 8 of them on the ps3. 2011 Will be the year when the whole consolewar gets decided if you ask me. Either Kinect will be a long term succes and it will keep up in SKU sales because of all the casual gamers switching to the 360. Or all the core gamers will move to the ps3 when they notice it's getting a big exclusive basically every single month and MS fails to announce anything new that would get core gamers excited. 

Around the Network
Mat6393 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

Not this year. I'm sure it's not going to be Gears 3 and Forza 4 vs Uncharted 2, Twisted Metal, LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, etc. MS will have more exclusives unveiled at E3. And their are some new IP's that have potential to be a million seller.

I agree but at the same time Sony has to have some unvailings at E3 as well. Wether they will match Microsoft's games is still up there though.

That's true. But many of those games being announced will most likely end up arriving in 2012.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Mr Puggsly said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

Not this year. I'm sure it's not going to be Gears 3 and Forza 4 vs Uncharted 2, Twisted Metal, LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, etc. MS will have more exclusives unveiled at E3. And their are some new IP's that have potential to be a million seller.

MS will make more money selling Kinect hardware and software than all those games combined in 2011.

/thread

Will take a long time to cover the 500 million dollar marketing campaign fo kinect in 2010 and i think they will invest a few millions more in 2011 but what really matters is, that ps3 will have more and better exclusives (by review scores)

and i think that uncharted 3 will sell more than gears of war 3 (lifetime), you can quote me on that.

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

ProdigyBam said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

MS will make more money selling Kinect hardware and software than all those games combined in 2011.

/thread

and i think that uncharted 3 will sell more than gears of war 3 (lifetime), you can quote me on that.

I will and will watch you fail. I agreed with your previous statement though.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

twesterm said:
Jay520 said:
twesterm said:
Admiral-Snake said:

Oh I agree I'm just saying I wouldn't expect Sony to announce a new game for this year at E3.  That's just not how they roll.

Yeah, for some reason they announce their titles before e3. Like for Socom 4, Infamous 2, and others. Also, about your previous statement, microsoft does it too. Look at Halo Reach, Gears 3, Kingdoms, and others.

goopy20 said:

Off course not when MS only has a single high profile exclusive coming out vs around 8 of them on the ps3. 2011 Will be the year when the whole consolewar gets decided if you ask me. Either Kinect will be a long term succes and it will keep up in SKU sales because of all the casual gamers switching to the 360. Or all the core gamers will move to the ps3 when they notice it's getting a big exclusive basically every single month and MS fails to announce anything new that would get core gamers excited. 

Good point.