By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 profitable exclusives destroying PS3's will it last?

homer said:

I do not consider 360/pc releases as exclusives, so I guess the ps3 has won already imo lol.

360/pc games are exclusively not on ps3 :P

Around the Network
jarrod said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
jarrod said:
ProdigyBam said:

You forgot The Agency, Yakuza 4 and possibly (at least in japan i hope) FF13 Versus for the PS3 list.

And since when is Twisted Metal rumored? lolwut

These aren't inclusive of 3rd party games, otherwise I'd have to add plenty more Wii and 360 games too.

Didn't mean to put rumored on TM though! :x

Please show me the high profile third party exclusives that Microsoft has that have nothing to do with Kinect. There aren't any scheduled for 2011. Gears 2 and Forza 4 are all that we know about until E3.  Mind you, most non bundled Kinect titles wont have high attach rates like the Wii because they don't have name value attached to them. Also, twisted metal isn't rumored, it's coming out 2011.

Well, there's really just console exclusives like XCOM or maybe MHFO, Japanese shooters (Gal*Gun, Cave stuff, Otomedius Excellent, etc) and Kinect stuff like Brain & Body Connection or Steel Battalion.  Maybe not as high profile as The Agency, but that stuff's easily on par with something like Yakuza 4 in the west.

I don't really see any 3rd party exclusives on any side coming in 2011 though, bar maybe The Agency and the terms of that game may make it end up being a 1st party release instead (it's Sony funded after all).  2012 should bring Versus (provided it stays exclusive) and DQX though.

Add Yakuza 4 to Sony for third party.

account2099 said:
homer said:

I do not consider 360/pc releases as exclusives, so I guess the ps3 has won already imo lol.

The walls of that old story are breaking down quickly.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
jarrod said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
jarrod said:
ProdigyBam said:

You forgot The Agency, Yakuza 4 and possibly (at least in japan i hope) FF13 Versus for the PS3 list.

And since when is Twisted Metal rumored? lolwut

These aren't inclusive of 3rd party games, otherwise I'd have to add plenty more Wii and 360 games too.

Didn't mean to put rumored on TM though! :x

Please show me the high profile third party exclusives that Microsoft has that have nothing to do with Kinect. There aren't any scheduled for 2011. Gears 2 and Forza 4 are all that we know about until E3.  Mind you, most non bundled Kinect titles wont have high attach rates like the Wii because they don't have name value attached to them. Also, twisted metal isn't rumored, it's coming out 2011.

Well, there's really just console exclusives like XCOM or maybe MHFO, Japanese shooters (Gal*Gun, Cave stuff, Otomedius Excellent, etc) and Kinect stuff like Brain & Body Connection or Steel Battalion.  Maybe not as high profile as The Agency, but that stuff's easily on par with something like Yakuza 4 in the west.

I don't really see any 3rd party exclusives on any side coming in 2011 though, bar maybe The Agency and the terms of that game may make it end up being a 1st party release instead (it's Sony funded after all).  2012 should bring Versus (provided it stays exclusive) and DQX though.

Add Yakuza 4 to Sony for third party.

Add it where?  I'm talking potential 1st party releases (and only for the west).

I could add Agent to the Sony list though, they paid/funded it and I suspect might be publishing too.

account2099 said:
homer said:

still not exclusives by any means, to the 360.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
homer said:
LordMatrix said:
Cthulhu said:
LordMatrix said:
Aldro said:

I too don't agree with Matrix statement. Kinda' like me saying: Crackdown 2 was a not so polished turd and Alan Wake was the worst game I've ever played in my entire life as a gamer [IMO].

^Both of those are so not true and complete bullshit, I'm just putting an example. If thats your opinion, you should present it as your opinion and not a fact. In which I can clearly state that what I said above just might be my opinion... OR IS IT?! (Dun dun duuu).

Looking extremly forward to Motorstorm Apocalypse :]!

I`m sorry but where`s the hype for Motorstorm Apocolypse?? Look around it`s harly there. Majority likely felt the same way I did. I don`t know anyone who cares about racing games that is hyped up for the new Motorstorm. Perhaps this has a lot to do with the terrible AI, recycled levels over and over again throughout the game, boring single player due to previosu issues... Motorstorm is the type of game you can have fun with for a few hours but than you start to see all of its flaws. As I said however, I have some hope for the upcoming Motorstorm and am going to be trying it out when it launches. I just don`t expect anything great after the dismal failures IMO that were Motorstorm 1 & 2. This is my opinion but I also notice that plenty of people that I know that are gamers feel the same way. None of us are bias to any specific system so the fact that we all seem to agree unanimously says a lot in my book.

LoL, both MotorStorms are 2 of the best racing games you can play this gen.

IMO motorstorm is not for you

If you read my whole piost you would have noticed that I mentioned that multiple other gamers I know feel the same way about the Motorstorm games. So its not just me that feels that way about them. Ur actually one of the first I ran into that disagrees with it.

Cthulhu is not alone either, so we are obviously at odds. Considering you are on the xbox360 squad or whatever(as clearly shown in your sig), I doubt you have a ps3(no offence), but if you want to prove me wrong, tell me your psn id.

Oh really!! I own all three systems. Nice try buddy! PSN ID PolkStKilla...Want to try again pal? I am on the Xbox 360 Squad because it is my system of preference. I own PS3/Wii for exclusives. You don`t have to be a fanboy to be on the X360 Squad... you just have to enjoy X360 & what it offers.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

cmeese47 said:

1st I consider a game profitable if it has sold over 500k copies therefore the games included in my totals are only games over that number in sales.

What do you think?

Coming to this thread late, but...did you put any thought into what you wrote?  What you're basically saying in the above statement is that, a game could cost $50m to make, and only sell 501k copies and you consider it profitable, yet another game could cost $1m to make, and sell 400k copies but you wouldn't consider it profitable.  You're completely ignoring what makes a game profitable.

LordMatrix said:
homer said:
LordMatrix said:
Cthulhu said:
LordMatrix said:
Aldro said:

I too don't agree with Matrix statement. Kinda' like me saying: Crackdown 2 was a not so polished turd and Alan Wake was the worst game I've ever played in my entire life as a gamer [IMO].

^Both of those are so not true and complete bullshit, I'm just putting an example. If thats your opinion, you should present it as your opinion and not a fact. In which I can clearly state that what I said above just might be my opinion... OR IS IT?! (Dun dun duuu).

Looking extremly forward to Motorstorm Apocalypse :]!

I`m sorry but where`s the hype for Motorstorm Apocolypse?? Look around it`s harly there. Majority likely felt the same way I did. I don`t know anyone who cares about racing games that is hyped up for the new Motorstorm. Perhaps this has a lot to do with the terrible AI, recycled levels over and over again throughout the game, boring single player due to previosu issues... Motorstorm is the type of game you can have fun with for a few hours but than you start to see all of its flaws. As I said however, I have some hope for the upcoming Motorstorm and am going to be trying it out when it launches. I just don`t expect anything great after the dismal failures IMO that were Motorstorm 1 & 2. This is my opinion but I also notice that plenty of people that I know that are gamers feel the same way. None of us are bias to any specific system so the fact that we all seem to agree unanimously says a lot in my book.

LoL, both MotorStorms are 2 of the best racing games you can play this gen.

IMO motorstorm is not for you

If you read my whole piost you would have noticed that I mentioned that multiple other gamers I know feel the same way about the Motorstorm games. So its not just me that feels that way about them. Ur actually one of the first I ran into that disagrees with it.

Cthulhu is not alone either, so we are obviously at odds. Considering you are on the xbox360 squad or whatever(as clearly shown in your sig), I doubt you have a ps3(no offence), but if you want to prove me wrong, tell me your psn id.

Oh really!! I own all three systems. Nice try buddy! PSN ID PolkStKilla...Want to try again pal? I am on the Xbox 360 Squad because it is my system of preference. I own PS3/Wii for exclusives. You don`t have to be a fanboy to be on the X360 Squad... you just have to enjoy X360 & what it offers.

No need to get pissed lol. Good for you, you own all 3 consoles, you are coolest kid I know. :)

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

jarrod said:

Rounding up known potential 1st party lineups this year for the home consoles...

Xbox 360

• Codename D (Grasshopper Manufacture)  - No Clue
  • Codename: Kingdoms (Crytek) - 1 million at least
  • Dead Island (Techland) - 500k
  • Demons of Mercy (MAXUM Games) - No Clue
  • Dungeon Hero (Firefly Studios) - 500k
  • Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studio) - 3 million
  • Gears of War 3 (Epic Games) - 4 million
  • Gears of War Exile (Epic Games) rumored Kinect title - 500k or more
  • Halo: Combat Evolved (343 Industries) rumored remake - 4 million or more
  • Haunt (NaNaOnSha) - 500k or less
  • Huxley: The Dystopia (Webzen Games) - No Clue
  • Mech Warrior (Piranha Games) - 500k or less
  • Project Draco (Grounding Inc. / Land Ho!) - 500k or more
  • Prey 2 (Human Head Studios) - 500k or less
  • Star Wars Kinect (LucasArts) - 1 million
  • Steel Batallion (CAPCOM) - 500k or more

PlayStation 3

• DC Universe Online (Sony Online Entertainment) - 500k
  • ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (Japan Studio) - over 500k
  • inFamous 2 (Sucker Punch!) - over 1 million
  • Killzone 3 (Guerrilla Games) - 2 million
  • LittleBig Planet 2 (Media Molecule) over 2 million
  • MotorStorm: Apocalypse (Evolution Studio) over 1 million
  • PlayStation Move Heroes (Nihilistic Software) - 500k or more
  • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (Insomniac Games) - 1 million or more
  • Resistance 3 (Insomniac Games) - over 1 million
  • Sly Cooper 4 (Sucker Punch!) rumored - No Clue
  • S.O.C.O.M. U.S. Navy SEALs 4 (Zipper Interactive) - 500k or more
  • Sorcery (The Workshop) - 500k or more
  • Starhawk (SCEA studio) rumored - No Clue
  • The Last Guardian (Japan Studio) - 1 million or more
  • Twisted Metal (EatSleepPlay) rumored - 1 million or more
  • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Naught Dog Software) - 3 million
  • Until Dawn (SCEE studio) rumored zombie game - No Clue
  • White Knight Chronicles II (Level 5) - 2012 outside of Japan - 500k
  • Yakuza 4 (SEGA) - under 500k as it was released in Japan in 2010 and has weak sales outside of Japan

Wii

• Dragon Quest Monsters: Battle Road Victory (Square Enix / 8ing)
  • Fatal Frame: Crimson Butterfly (Tecmo Koei)
  • Mario Sports Mix (Square Enix)
  • Pikmin 3 (Nintendo EAD) rumored
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 (Genius Sonority) rumored
  • Rhythm Heaven Wii (Nintendo SPD)
  • The Last Story (Mistwalker / AQ interactive)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo EAD)
  • Xenoblade (Monolith Soft)
...overall, I'd expect Nintendo and MS to fill out a bit more, and some of Sony's to slip to 2012, but this probably gives us a decent working idea for each this year.

I think MS's Kinect Lineup is still pretty bare for 2011. Watch, MS will release some Kinect branded Fitness, Party, or Banjo Kazooie game.

Adding up the #'s I randomly assigned to 360/PS3 games. 360 is at 13 million (plus) whatever Kinect, Fable, Reach and other MS games bring in (plus) 4 million for a potential Halo remake.

PS3 is at 16 million (plus) whatever GT5, GoW3, Sports Champions and other Sony games bring in.

Since Kinect is so damn huge, it looks pretty even to me, If Halo does come out in 2011, MS will most likely see stronger software sales on its exclusives in 2011 then Sony. It really depends on how well Kinect performs this fall, and what software MS releases for it.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

homer said:
account2099 said:
homer said:

still not exclusives by any means, to the 360.

sure, but being "exclusively not on PS3" is almost as good.

MS is happy, 360 gets a game and ps3 doesn't. 

Gamers are forced to get it on 360 or their pc. 

MS strategy pays off: they get gamers off their ps3 with every tempting 360/pc title.