By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 profitable exclusives destroying PS3's will it last?

ProdigyBam said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

Not this year. I'm sure it's not going to be Gears 3 and Forza 4 vs Uncharted 2, Twisted Metal, LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, etc. MS will have more exclusives unveiled at E3. And their are some new IP's that have potential to be a million seller.

MS will make more money selling Kinect hardware and software than all those games combined in 2011.

/thread

Will take a long time to cover the 500 million dollar marketing campaign fo kinect in 2010
and i think they will invest a few millions more in 2011 but what really matters is, that ps3 will have more and better exclusives (by review scores)

and i think that uncharted 3 will sell more than gears of war 3 (lifetime), you can quote me on that.

Will it? We know that the cost of materials for Kinect adds up to $56, but then you have to add in labour, shipping, retailer markup etc. but I would be surprised if MS isn't at least banking $50 on every Kinect purchase.  

They already announced 8 million units sold, so there's $400 million already, then add in game sales and it would already be covering the marketing campaign. 

Around the Network

Rounding up known potential 1st party lineups this year for the home consoles...

Xbox 360

• Codename D (Grasshopper Manufacture)  
  • Codename: Kingdoms (Crytek)
  • Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studio)
  • Gears of War 3 (Epic Games)
  • Gears of War Exile (Epic Games) rumored Kinect title
  • Halo: Combat Evolved (343 Industries) rumored remake
  • Haunt (NaNaOnSha)
  • Project Draco (Grounding Inc. / Land Ho!)
  • Star Wars Kinect (LucasArts)

PlayStation 3

• DC Universe Online (Sony Online Entertainment)
  • ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (Japan Studio)
  • inFamous 2 (Sucker Punch!)
  • Killzone 3 (Guerrilla Games)
  • LittleBig Planet 2 (Media Molecule)
  • MotorStorm: Apocalypse (Evolution Studio)
  • PlayStation Move Heroes (Nihilistic Software)
  • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (Insomniac Games)
  • Resistance 3 (Insomniac Games)
  • Sly Cooper 4 (Sucker Punch!) rumored
  • S.O.C.O.M. U.S. Navy SEALs 4 (Zipper Interactive)
  • Sorcery (The Workshop)
  • Starhawk (SCEA studio) rumored
  • The Last Guardian (Japan Studio) 
  • Twisted Metal (EatSleepPlay) rumored
  • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Naught Dog Software)
  • Until Dawn (SCEE studio) rumored zombie game
  • White Knight Chronicles II (Level 5)

Wii

• Dragon Quest Monsters: Battle Road Victory (Square Enix / 8ing)
  • Fatal Frame: Crimson Butterfly (Tecmo Koei)
  • Mario Sports Mix (Square Enix)
  • Pikmin 3 (Nintendo EAD) rumored
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 (Genius Sonority) rumored
  • Rhythm Heaven Wii (Nintendo SPD)
  • The Last Story (Mistwalker / AQ interactive)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo EAD)
  • Xenoblade (Monolith Soft)
...overall, I'd expect Nintendo and MS to fill out a bit more, and some of Sony's to slip to 2012, but this probably gives us a decent working idea for each this year.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
goopy20 said:

Off course not when MS only has a single high profile exclusive coming out vs around 8 of them on the ps3. 2011 Will be the year when the whole consolewar gets decided if you ask me. Either Kinect will be a long term succes and it will keep up in SKU sales because of all the casual gamers switching to the 360. Or all the core gamers will move to the ps3 when they notice it's getting a big exclusive basically every single month and MS fails to announce anything new that would get core gamers excited. 

Good point.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft will announce a new Halo game, either for this or next year. possibly this rumoured remake of Halo 1.

but the success of Kinect has ensured both consoles will remain on the market and this gen wont end for a few years yet imho. but i'm very interested to see what else could Sony possibly announce they havent already??

but Microsoft can continue to rely on the high profile 3rd party multiplatform games and the COD games, so i dont see this as an immediate problem this year, maybe 2012, but this year i think both consoles are very safe for the moment.

Fumanchu said:
ProdigyBam said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

Not this year. I'm sure it's not going to be Gears 3 and Forza 4 vs Uncharted 2, Twisted Metal, LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, etc. MS will have more exclusives unveiled at E3. And their are some new IP's that have potential to be a million seller.

MS will make more money selling Kinect hardware and software than all those games combined in 2011.

/thread

Will take a long time to cover the 500 million dollar marketing campaign fo kinect in 2010
and i think they will invest a few millions more in 2011 but what really matters is, that ps3 will have more and better exclusives (by review scores)

and i think that uncharted 3 will sell more than gears of war 3 (lifetime), you can quote me on that.

Will it? We know that the cost of materials for Kinect adds up to $56, but then you have to add in labour, shipping, retailer markup etc. but I would be surprised if MS isn't at least banking $50 on every Kinect purchase.  

They already announced 8 million units sold, so there's $400 million already, then add in game sales and it would already be covering the marketing campaign. 

You know, there is something called development, i think that also costed much...

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

jarrod said:

Rounding up known potential 1st party lineups this year for the home consoles...

Xbox 360

• Codename D (Grasshopper Manufacture)  
  • Codename: Kingdoms (Crytek)
  • Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studio)
  • Gears of War 3 (Epic Games)
  • Gears of War Exile (Epic Games) rumored Kinect title
  • Halo: Combat Evolved (343 Industries) rumored remake
  • Haunt (NaNaOnSha)
  • Project Draco (Grounding Inc. / Land Ho!)
  • Star Wars Kinect (LucasArts)

PlayStation 3

• DC Universe Online (Sony Online Entertainment)
  • ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (Japan Studio)
  • inFamous 2 (Sucker Punch!)
  • Killzone 3 (Guerrilla Games)
  • LittleBig Planet 2 (Media Molecule)
  • MotorStorm: Apocalypse (Evolution Studio)
  • PlayStation Move Heroes (Nihilistic Software)
  • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (Insomniac Games)
  • Resistance 3 (Insomniac Games)
  • Sly Cooper 4 (Sucker Punch!) rumored
  • S.O.C.O.M. U.S. Navy SEALs 4 (Zipper Interactive)
  • Sorcery (The Workshop)
  • Starhawk (SCEA studio) rumored
  • The Last Guardian (Japan Studio) 
  • Twisted Metal (EatSleepPlay) rumored
  • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Naught Dog Software)
  • Until Dawn (SCEE studio) rumored zombie game
  • White Knight Chronicles II (Level 5)

Wii

• Dragon Quest Monsters: Battle Road Victory (Square Enix / 8ing)
  • Fatal Frame: Crimson Butterfly (Tecmo Koei)
  • Mario Sports Mix (Square Enix)
  • Pikmin 3 (Nintendo EAD) rumored
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 (Genius Sonority) rumored
  • Rhythm Heaven Wii (Nintendo SPD)
  • The Last Story (Mistwalker / AQ interactive)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo EAD)
  • Xenoblade (Monolith Soft)
...overall, I'd expect Nintendo and MS to fill out a bit more, and some of Sony's to slip to 2012, but this probably gives us a decent working idea for each this year.

You forgot The Agency, Yakuza 4 and possibly (at least in japan i hope) FF13 Versus for the PS3 list.

And since when is Twisted Metal rumored? lolwut

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

Around the Network
ProdigyBam said:

You forgot The Agency, Yakuza 4 and possibly (at least in japan i hope) FF13 Versus for the PS3 list.

These aren't inclusive of 3rd party games, otherwise I'd have to add plenty more Wii and 360 games too.

Didn't mean to put rumored on TM though! :x

jarrod said:
ProdigyBam said:

These aren't inclusive of 3rd party games, otherwise I'd have to add plenty more Wii and 360 games too.

Please show me the high profile third party exclusives that Microsoft has that have nothing to do with Kinect. There aren't any scheduled for 2011. Gears 2 and Forza 4 are all that we know about until E3.  Mind you, most non bundled Kinect titles wont have high attach rates like the Wii because they don't have name value attached to them. Also, twisted metal isn't rumored, it's coming out 2011.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
jarrod said:
ProdigyBam said:

Please show me the high profile third party exclusives that Microsoft has that have nothing to do with Kinect. There aren't any scheduled for 2011. Gears 2 and Forza 4 are all that we know about until E3.  Mind you, most non bundled Kinect titles wont have high attach rates like the Wii because they don't have name value attached to them. Also, twisted metal isn't rumored, it's coming out 2011.

Well, there's really just console exclusives like XCOM or maybe MHFO, Japanese shooters (Gal*Gun, Cave stuff, Otomedius Excellent, etc) and Kinect stuff like Brain & Body Connection or Steel Battalion.  Maybe not as high profile as The Agency, but that stuff's easily on par with something like Yakuza 4 in the west.

I don't really see any 3rd party exclusives on any side coming in 2011 though, bar maybe The Agency and the terms of that game may make it end up being a 1st party release instead (it's Sony funded after all).  2012 should bring Versus (provided it stays exclusive) and DQX though.

LordMatrix said:
Aldro said:
homer said:
LordMatrix said:

First 2 Motorstorm games were polished turds.

I do not agree with this statement.

I too don't agree with Matrix statement. Kinda' like me saying: Crackdown 2 was a not so polished turd and Alan Wake was the worst game I've ever played in my entire life as a gamer [IMO].

^Both of those are so not true and complete bullshit, I'm just putting an example. If thats your opinion, you should present it as your opinion and not a fact. In which I can clearly state that what I said above just might be my opinion... OR IS IT?! (Dun dun duuu).

Looking extremly forward to Motorstorm Apocalypse :]!

I`m sorry but where`s the hype for Motorstorm Apocolypse?? Look around it`s harly there. Majority likely felt the same way I did. I don`t know anyone who cares about racing games that is hyped up for the new Motorstorm. Perhaps this has a lot to do with the terrible AI, recycled levels over and over again throughout the game, boring single player due to previosu issues... Motorstorm is the type of game you can have fun with for a few hours but than you start to see all of its flaws. As I said however, I have some hope for the upcoming Motorstorm and am going to be trying it out when it launches. I just don`t expect anything great after the dismal failures IMO that were Motorstorm 1 & 2. This is my opinion but I also notice that plenty of people that I know that are gamers feel the same way. None of us are bias to any specific system so the fact that we all seem to agree unanimously says a lot in my book.

PS: Nice job taking out one small sentence of my paragraph and railing on it guys.

i could say the same thing about every kinect game

I wanted to comment but Megan fox cleavage ad from netflix is to distracting