By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix registers "Final Fantasy 13 2" Domain Name!!

Hynad said:
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hynad said:
Crystalchild said:

sadly, Vanille was killed by her voice actress.

so annoying,.. i want Japanese VO's in XIII-2 :<

Her voice is just as annoying in Japanese. ¬_¬

Have you played and heard both the Japanese and English voices of Jann in Valkyria Chronicles? Or even Nancy?

Man...their Japanese voices are unbearable (though that's most probably intentional). Their English VA's are far more tolerable.

The English voices in  Valkyria Chronicles makes my ears bled it is that bad but English Voice Acting in all all Japanese Games and in Anime at beat is only tolerable. 

Seriously? Hm...I actually thought it was better done than most English VA's.

I am very serious about Japanese seiyu being best for all Japanese Video Games and Anime. and as I said English Voice Acting for all Japanese Video Games and Anime even at its best is is only tolerable.    

I'm glad I don't share this opinion.  There are many games that have stellar voice acting in english that often surpasses the one of their original Japanese counterpart.  Final Fantasy XII, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Valkyria Chrinicles being some of them.  As for speaking generally about the voice acting quality, there aren't many video games, Japanese or English, that have voice acting of the quality found in Red Dead Redemption and the Uncharted series.  But of course, you can't possibly put that in the head of a weeaboo.

Don't make me laugh English Dubs never surpass the original Japanese in Japanese Video Games and Anime it is imposable for English dub to do so because so much of the original scrip gets lost in translation. and I know for a fact hat MGS4, is very much Superior in Japanese I have played both and the Japanese Version with Liquid Snakes Voice for Liquid Ocelot. as are FFXII and VC.  the only thing that I and many other people will except is English Subs.

you can play Japanese Games in what ever Language you wont I don't care that is your choice and I will not try to change your mind. But us purists will never play Japanese Video Games whats Anime in anything but there original Japanese. with the only exceptions being for example FF International Editions and when the Japanese Version only has English for example DMC, Biohazard.     

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hynad said:
Crystalchild said:

Have you played and heard both the Japanese and English voices of Jann in Valkyria Chronicles? Or even Nancy?

Man...their Japanese voices are unbearable (though that's most probably intentional). Their English VA's are far more tolerable.

The English voices in  Valkyria Chronicles makes my ears bled it is that bad but English Voice Acting in all all Japanese Games and in Anime at beat is only tolerable. 

This has to be some trolling. Valkyria's english voice acting was very good.

and I'm a bit surprised that you liked 'Kimi ga Iru Kara'. I thought the song was pretty horrible. To add, FF13's English voice acting was excellent imo (although, it's hard to beat Maaya Sayamoto).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

hikaruchan said:

Don't make me laugh English Dubs never surpass the original Japanese in Japanese Video Games and Anime it is imposable for English dub to do so because so much of the original scrip gets lost in translation. and I know for a fact hat MGS4, is very much Superior in Japanese I have played both and the Japanese Version with Liquid Snakes Voice for Liquid Ocelot. as are FFXII and VC.  the only thing that I and many other people will except is English Subs.

you can play Japanese Games in what ever Language you wont I don't care that is your choice and I will not try to change your mind. But us purists will never play Japanese Video Games whats Anime in anything but there original Japanese. with the only exceptions being for example FF International Editions and when the Japanese Version only has English for example DMC, Biohazard.     

These posts are making me laugh. Almost always, Japanese voice acting is better than the English voice acting for games and anime, but there are many exceptions. There are exceptions to every rule, and there are multiple cases where the English dub surpasses the Japanese dub.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

These posts are making me laugh. Almost always, Japanese voice acting is better than the English voice acting for games and anime, but there are many exceptions. There are exceptions to every rule, and there are multiple cases where the English dub surpasses the Japanese dub.

I know one Disgaea series and I also liked the english dubbed of Fairy Tail. 

outlawauron said:
hikaruchan said:

All I am saying is that as a purest I hate English dubs for Japanese Video Games and Anime allays have always will only subs are acceptable unless I have no choice because there is no Original Japanese. No one will ever change my mind on that and kimi ga iru kara is 100X then my hands I am not saying that Kimi ga Iru Kara is the besst FF Theme ever I am Just Saying I hate the revised English Version Soundtrack because of the absence of Kimi ga Iru Kara and Eternal Love.  I am the same with foreign films I would never see a European or Asian film dubbed into English.   

And for example I have played all MGS Games in English and Japanese and for me The English pales in comparsion to the Original Japanese aseptically MGS4 for me.

I can never understated why us purest are always criticized for our preference for original Language in all cases when I for one do not try and change peoples minds who prefer Dub.      

Around the Network
hikaruchan said:
outlawauron said:
hikaruchan said:

I can never understated why us purest are always criticized for our preference for original Language in all cases when I for one do not try and change peoples minds who prefer Dub.      

You're not criticized for your preferences.  You're criticized and laughed at for acting like a common weeaboo who tries to impose his views on others and pass his opinions as facts.

Hynad said:
hikaruchan said:
outlawauron said:
hikaruchan said:

You're not criticized for your preferences.  You're criticized and laughed at for acting like a common weeaboo who tries to impose his views on others and pass his opinions as facts.

There is no need to to resort to rude language. I don't enforce my opinions regarding Anime and Video Games I stated my opinion on my preferences for Original Language over English Dubs that  is all nothing more nothing less.     

hikaruchan said:
Hynad said:
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hynad said:
Crystalchild said:

I am very serious about Japanese seiyu being best for all Japanese Video Games and Anime. and as I said English Voice Acting for all Japanese Video Games and Anime even at its best is is only tolerable.    

I'm glad I don't share this opinion.  There are many games that have stellar voice acting in english that often surpasses the one of their original Japanese counterpart.  Final Fantasy XII, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Valkyria Chrinicles being some of them.  As for speaking generally about the voice acting quality, there aren't many video games, Japanese or English, that have voice acting of the quality found in Red Dead Redemption and the Uncharted series.  But of course, you can't possibly put that in the head of a weeaboo.

Don't make me laugh English Dubs never surpass the original Japanese in Japanese Video Games and Anime it is imposable for English dub to do so because so much of the original scrip gets lost in translation. and I know for a fact hat MGS4, is very much Superior in Japanese I have played both and the Japanese Version with Liquid Snakes Voice for Liquid Ocelot. as are FFXII and VC.  

If you're not trying to impose your view, then I don't know what it looks like when you do.

Stating that "you know for a fact" that MGS4 is very much superior in Japanese doesn't suggest to me that you're trying to just voice your opinion. ¬_¬

hikaruchan said:
Hynad said:
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hynad said:
Crystalchild said:

I'm not sure if you mention that because you think that's the way it should be, but Liquid Snake's voice actor in Japan wasn't supposed to voice Liquid Ocelot, the voice actor for Ocelot died and they just used Liquid's voice actor in his stead.  Liquid's Ocelot's voice is and should always be Ocelot's voice.

i think they could add a few towns this time around and explore some of the history of pulse as well for a part of the story.  this news does make me a happy person indeed..  :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1