By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix registers "Final Fantasy 13 2" Domain Name!!

I loved FFX and I started the series at Final Fantasy IV on SNES.

This thread makes me so sad. I am at 92% trophies on FFXIII but my PS3 got the yellow light of death. Now I have absolutley no way of backing up my file and will probably never reach my platinum.

Even still, every now and again (especially after reading a thread like this), I think about starting it ALL over again and going for it (all I had left to do was get 3 trapezohedron's).

And here you have all you people trash talking the game.

Around the Network
perpride said:

I loved FFX and I started the series at Final Fantasy IV on SNES.

This thread makes me so sad. I am at 92% trophies on FFXIII but my PS3 got the yellow light of death. Now I have absolutley no way of backing up my file and will probably never reach my platinum.

Even still, every now and again (especially after reading a thread like this), I think about starting it ALL over again and going for it (all I had left to do was get 3 trapezohedron's).

And here you have all you people trash talking the game.

I feel you. The exact same thing happened to me. I was so close!!

Great news, loved FFXIII. It was my first Final Fantasy and I've just finished a marathon play through of the other Final Fantasy titles now (enjoyed them all except FF8 which was terrible in my opinion).

However in a sequel there are many improvements that need to be done. No game should be as linear as FF13 (or even FF10) is, it kills replayability. They need to keep the things almost everyone liked (Art design, Battle System e.t.c.) and they need to do away with the linear structure and make it more open which is what will most likely happen because the game will be set on Gran Pulse. They must improve pacing of the story and tell the story well, do away with the datalog. They should hire a good script writer too while they are at it.

Aside from a few handheld titles (Crisis Core, War of the Lions), this series has been dead since the PS1 for me. IX was the last game in the main series that I didn't consider absolutely terrible.

X, X-2, XI, XII, XIII, XIV... no thanks. Not to mention those Crystal Chronicles disasters and all of these remakes.

---------------
The Board is the best site on the Internet.

I thought FF13 was decent, not  that good nor that bad, but I'd rather have SE make new games instead of focusing on sequels and remakes.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Oh, and this thread seriously annoys me.

FF13Lover: Zomg yay bestnewseverftw :3:3:3:3:3:3:3

FF13Hater: WORSTGAMEEVERSTUPIDMOVEBYSQUARERAAAAGE

Then repeat ad infinitum.

Seriously, what's wrong with you people. Stating that people are just haters, or are stupid about their gaming choice, it's pathetic. People have different opinions, so ALL of you should stop being so inflated about your gaming taste.

I hate FF8.

Do I mock people that like it? NO.

I love FF9.

Do I mock people that hate it? NO.

I RESPECT different opinions, as many of you supposedly claim you do. 

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
dtewi said:

Seriously, what's wrong with you people. Stating that people are just haters, or are stupid about their gaming choice, it's pathetic. People have different opinions, so ALL of you should stop being so inflated about your gaming taste.

I hate FF8.

I love FF9.

this thread make me pick ff13 again and finish it , today or tomorrow i will finish it ...

Didn't you say that you disliked FFXIII?

The Xbox Man said:

Great news, loved FFXIII. It was my first Final Fantasy and I've just finished a marathon play through of the other Final Fantasy titles now (enjoyed them all except FF8 which was terrible in my opinion).

However in a sequel there are many improvements that need to be done. No game should be as linear as FF13 (or even FF10) is, it kills replayability. They need to keep the things almost everyone liked (Art design, Battle System e.t.c.) and they need to do away with the linear structure and make it more open which is what will most likely happen because the game will be set on Gran Pulse. They must improve pacing of the story and tell the story well, do away with the datalog. They should hire a good script writer too while they are at it.

I remember when you'd just played FFXIII. Glad to hear you've played your way through the others, it's a great series. Which one's your fave?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
dtewi said:

I hate FF8.

I love FF9.

this thread make me pick ff13 again and finish it , today or tomorrow i will finish it ...

But I thought you said that you wood not lay FFXIII ever again?

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Boutros said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
dtewi said:

I hate FF8.

I love FF9.

Didn't you say that you disliked FFXIII?

Yes it is still  the worst Final Fantasy in my opinion , so many things i did not like or i like more on other ff , it has the worst cast of characters (love fang and lightning was ok  the other are so bad :S) , the story is a mess (we have to ready the diaries to understand), the combat is better than ff12 but worst than the other imo. , the lack of freedom , people compare it to ff10 but this is way worst , corridor grind corridor grind.

Do you know where i stop playing the game? in chapter 11 , i start doing the hunts and that was so boring that i get sick of the game, you have a massive land to explore and they put you killing monster from point A to B and so on :S.

that system that you buy things ? i did not use it, upgrade weapons??? i did not use , buy things ??? don´t have money to buy them !!!

This is the things i think they fail to do... BUT after i read this thread i think i should pick the game again and at least finish it so i gtfo of chpter 11 and go finish it ...

Love the graphics, love all the boss in this game , the sounstrack is good and fang is great character.

And i did it !!!! look my card the trophie is there :

The game has a PERFECT ending imo , i love it , but for example the ff9 have 20 minutes ending this have 5 minutes , a litlle bit short imo  !!! Do i want a sequel? I still prefer a new FF15.

Do i buy it if they make one sequel ??? Yes , and if they do i hope all those things i say in this post they fix it.

Do i think they will make it? i don´t think so , just because they have to do a lot of work to built new areas , in ff12-2 they pick all the areas from ff10 , in this they have a lot more work, we dont want to see the old corridor again do we?

If they make a sequel this is what i want :

20 years have pass and the protagonist is the son of serah and captain douchebag , fang and vanille wake up and they will help him to save the world again from a new fal´cye or other bad thing !!! ( i hope they make vanille more mature this time in ff 13 she look like a retard )

peace !! And Fang FTW !!!

I'm afraid we have a major disagreement :/

Even Hope and Snow are better than Fang!