By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix registers "Final Fantasy 13 2" Domain Name!!

This is interesting, even though i wasn't a fan of 13 there hasn't been a direct sequel in awhile. Here's hoping they remove auto-battle :)

Around the Network
hikaruchan said:
outlawauron said:
hikaruchan said:

These posts are making me laugh. Almost always, Japanese voice acting is better than the English voice acting for games and anime, but there are many exceptions. There are exceptions to every rule, and there are multiple cases where the English dub surpasses the Japanese dub.

All I am saying is that as a purest I hate English dubs for Japanese Video Games and Anime allays have always will only subs are acceptable unless I have no choice because there is no Original Japanese. No one will ever change my mind on that and kimi ga iru kara is 100X then my hands I am not saying that Kimi ga Iru Kara is the besst FF Theme ever I am Just Saying I hate the revised English Version Soundtrack because of the absence of Kimi ga Iru Kara and Eternal Love.  I am the same with foreign films I would never see a European or Asian film dubbed into English.   

And for example I have played all MGS Games in English and Japanese and for me The English pales in comparsion to the Original Japanese aseptically MGS4 for me.

I can never understated why us purest are always criticized for our preference for original Language in all cases when I for one do not try and change peoples minds who prefer Dub.      

I didn't say My Hands was better, I just said Kimi ga Iru kara sucked.

And purists aren't criticized for preferring the original language, you are being criticuzed because you're being extremely arrogant and closed minded about it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

darkknightkryta said:

I'm not sure if you mention that because you think that's the way it should be, but Liquid Snake's voice actor in Japan wasn't supposed to voice Liquid Ocelot, the voice actor for Ocelot died and they just used Liquid's voice actor in his stead.  Liquid's Ocelot's voice is and should always be Ocelot's voice.

Yes I now The Japanese Seiyu for Ocelot died before the Game was in production but Liquid Voice was more appropriate more the situation I am not the only one that believes that many Western Fans complained about Ocelots Voice when the wonted Liquids and from what I now it is not very Clear that Ocelots Voice was Kojima san's choice because to my understanding he as not confirmed this himself it is just what the English Voice Actor hinted at.  

so Kojima san did not have to use Liquids Voice he could have got another Seiyu to do it since other Characters in MGS4 had some different Voices from there Original believe.   

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

outlawauron said:

I didn't say My Hands was better, I just said Kimi ga Iru kara sucked.

And purists aren't criticized for preferring the original language, you are being criticuzed because you're being extremely arrogant and closed minded about it.

I don't think Kimi ga Iru kara is the greatest FF Theme but it not the worst ether but I do like it along with Eternal Love and I believed both fit better then what replaced them serah's Theme was ok during the fireworks scene Eternal Love to be was a better fit for that scene.

and I now I shouldn't  be so stubborn about My attitudes. but on a funny note I did meat a person once that hated Anime In the Original Language and there was no way to mack believe subs are good to LOL.     

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku