By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix registers "Final Fantasy 13 2" Domain Name!!

outlawauron said:
hikaruchan said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

hope , snow and vanille are worst than quinain ff9 XD

sunday i will make a thread with this title : the ffantasy oscars XD with best character , best soundtrack an so on to people give is opinions

i love talking about final fantasy *.*

Vanira, yuffie and Selphie are basically the same cute anime style character type and are there for Japanese Fans. 

Vanille is more like Rikku than either of those two.

sadly, Vanille was killed by her voice actress.

so annoying,.. i want Japanese VO's in XIII-2 :<

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
Crystalchild said:
outlawauron said:
hikaruchan said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

sunday i will make a thread with this title : the ffantasy oscars XD with best character , best soundtrack an so on to people give is opinions

Vanira, yuffie and Selphie are basically the same cute anime style character type and are there for Japanese Fans. 

Her voice is just as annoying in Japanese. ¬_¬

============== http://www.shoptrade.us/ ==========

Hynad said:
Crystalchild said:

Have you played and heard both the Japanese and English voices of Jann in Valkyria Chronicles? Or even Nancy?

Man...their Japanese voices are unbearable (though that's most probably intentional). Their English VA's are far more tolerable.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

The Xbox Man said:
Scoobes said:
The Xbox Man said:

Great news, loved FFXIII. It was my first Final Fantasy and I've just finished a marathon play through of the other Final Fantasy titles now (enjoyed them all except FF8 which was terrible in my opinion).

However in a sequel there are many improvements that need to be done. No game should be as linear as FF13 (or even FF10) is, it kills replayability. They need to keep the things almost everyone liked (Art design, Battle System e.t.c.) and they need to do away with the linear structure and make it more open which is what will most likely happen because the game will be set on Gran Pulse. They must improve pacing of the story and tell the story well, do away with the datalog. They should hire a good script writer too while they are at it.

I remember when you'd just played FFXIII. Glad to hear you've played your way through the others, it's a great series. Which one's your fave?

My answer will seem very cliched but I have to say Final Fantasy VII. The game may not be the best FF in everything it does but at minimum the game does as much as any other FF and all at the "very good level". The characters were good and they were integrated into the world and story very very well. The music fit the game like a glove, side quests and sense of exploration (not much but the illusion of it) was great. The story had good pacing, it may not be the greatest story but it kept you interested throughout, thats very important. The villains made you feel fear, something games just don't achieve nowadays. Then I would say Final Fantasy IX, then Final Fantasy VI, then Final Fantasy XIII, then X, then XII,  then V, then IV, then III, then I and way below the rest VIII and II. 

It is a great series, its been a great few months getting through all the FF games and like I said I did almost enjoy all of them a lot, some of them had areas where they were pretty weak in but overall they were great and thats why FFVII became my favourite, it had no area in which I felt it was weak in. I left FFVIII half way through out of distaste but I'm giving it another chance now.

VII is my favourite too :P Everything just seems to click in that game. I can make criticisms about the materia system, about how most of the characters are fairly similar in battle etc. but it all works so well together that when I play it I just don't care, lol.

VIII is a bit of a weird one. Like all Final Fantasy games, some people love it and others hate it. I loved it when I first played it, but as time has gone, I look back and find lots of things that now hinder my enjoyment. I found the Junction system made the game too easy (once you figured tha damn thing out) and Squall is one of the most unlikable and annoying main characters in a video game. The story is also a bit of a weird one that didn't fully gel with me and some of the ideas (you need a GF to use an item?!) make no sense. It has its merit though and I think the sections with Laguna are probably more enthralling than the main cast and the card mini-game is a lot of fun (if you do get a decent way through, play Edea and Cid to get the Laguna card, then convert it into 100 heroes!). 

I should probably go back and play IX. When I was younger I wasn't much of a fan because of the art style and fantasy setting didn't gel with my sci-fi fan mentality. I think I'd probably enjoy it more now.

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
darkknightkryta said:
perpride said:

I loved FFX and I started the series at Final Fantasy IV on SNES.

This thread makes me so sad. I am at 92% trophies on FFXIII but my PS3 got the yellow light of death. Now I have absolutley no way of backing up my file and will probably never reach my platinum.

Even still, every now and again (especially after reading a thread like this), I think about starting it ALL over again and going for it (all I had left to do was get 3 trapezohedron's).

And here you have all you people trash talking the game.

Dude I forgot to tell you at soccer, somewhere in the forum`s a link to a video where you can use a hair dryer to force your PS3 back on.

You guys know each other IRL?

Yeah, I was meaning to tell him about that thread, I completely forgot until when I posted that.

Why do you guys hate Squall so much? I always find him cool. Lol. I don't find him annoying and I think he is like your normal teenager. Just want to be notice, a loner sometimes and a jerk sometimes and etc. He is also my most use character in Dissidia Harhar!!  Second is Cloud but Cloud will still be my favorite FF character.

I think Rinoa and Squall is perfect match. A loner ( Squall ) and the outgoing ( Rinoa ). Really like the story of FF VIII. Why you guys hate FF VIII so much?

NoCtiS_NoX said:

Why do you guys hate Squall so much? I always find him cool. Lol. I don't find him annoying and I think he is like your normal teenager. Just want to be notice, a loner sometimes and a jerk sometimes and etc. He is also my most use character in Dissidia Harhar!!  Second is Cloud but Cloud will still be my favorite FF character.

I think Rinoa and Squall is perfect match. A loner ( Squall ) and the outgoing ( Rinoa ). Really like the story of FF VIII. Why you guys hate FF VIII so much?

VIII is my absolute favourite, i like it even more than VII, even if the gap isnt a big one.

Why? Because of Squall, Rinoa, and their relationship. so i get ya man. =D

(And i jizzed in my pants when that bitchy witch grinned at me  in lunatic Pandorra.. is she called Adel in english too? .. and and.. i mean.. how can people dislike the space scene? i mean.. at first there is the moon.. then there are tons of monsters.. a witch's coffin.. romantic scenes.. and pure awesomeness..<3)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
outlawauron said:
hikaruchan said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

The Australian Vice Acting for Fang and Vanira is one of the resigns why I am reluctant to play the English Version of FFXIII. The Japanese Version of FFXIII is much better not just because of Japanese Seiyu but also because it had the proper soundtrack with Eternal Love  and real theme song Kimi ga Iru Kara by Sugawara Sayuri.  

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

huaxiong90 said:
Hynad said:
Crystalchild said:

Have you played and heard both the Japanese and English voices of Jann in Valkyria Chronicles? Or even Nancy?

Man...their Japanese voices are unbearable (though that's most probably intentional). Their English VA's are far more tolerable.

The English voices in  Valkyria Chronicles makes my ears bled it is that bad but English Voice Acting in all all Japanese Games and in Anime at beat is only tolerable. 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku