By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix registers "Final Fantasy 13 2" Domain Name!!

hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hynad said:
Crystalchild said:

sadly, Vanille was killed by her voice actress.

so annoying,.. i want Japanese VO's in XIII-2 :<

Her voice is just as annoying in Japanese. ¬_¬

Have you played and heard both the Japanese and English voices of Jann in Valkyria Chronicles? Or even Nancy?

Man...their Japanese voices are unbearable (though that's most probably intentional). Their English VA's are far more tolerable.

The English voices in  Valkyria Chronicles makes my ears bled it is that bad but English Voice Acting in all all Japanese Games and in Anime at beat is only tolerable. 

Seriously? Hm...I actually thought it was better done than most English VA's.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hynad said:
Crystalchild said:

Have you played and heard both the Japanese and English voices of Jann in Valkyria Chronicles? Or even Nancy?

Man...their Japanese voices are unbearable (though that's most probably intentional). Their English VA's are far more tolerable.

The English voices in  Valkyria Chronicles makes my ears bled it is that bad but English Voice Acting in all all Japanese Games and in Anime at beat is only tolerable. 

I thought Valkyria Chronicles was very well done actully. it was localised by Alexander O.Smith, who's fluent in both Japanese and English and is probabily the best in the buisness. the VA in FF13, is tolerable imho, the awful dialogue did make it a lot worst than it couldve been as well.

but the VA and dialogue for Dragon Quest 8 and FF12, is some of the best in any game, i found even western games can't meet that level of realism and believability.

huaxiong90 said:
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hynad said:
Crystalchild said:

I am very serious about Japanese seiyu being best for all Japanese Video Games and Anime. and as I said English Voice Acting for all Japanese Video Games and Anime even at its best is is only tolerable.    

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:

I am very serious about Japanese seiyu being best for all Japanese Video Games and Anime. and as I said English Voice Acting for all Japanese Video Games and Anime even at its best is is only tolerable.    

Well obviously the Japanese VA's are going to better regardless of game, but I was just talking about those two characters.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

NoCtiS_NoX said:

Why do you guys hate Squall so much? I always find him cool. Lol. I don't find him annoying and I think he is like your normal teenager. Just want to be notice, a loner sometimes and a jerk sometimes and etc. He is also my most use character in Dissidia Harhar!!  Second is Cloud but Cloud will still be my favorite FF character.

I think Rinoa and Squall is perfect match. A loner ( Squall ) and the outgoing ( Rinoa ). Really like the story of FF VIII. Why you guys hate FF VIII so much?

I was a teenage when I played VIII and found him annoying. He's not like a teenage boy at all. If an attractive 17 yr old girls is throwing herself at a 17 yr old boy, that boy is gonna have one thing on his mind!

Instead he mopes around, moans about everything under the sun and wonders why everyone "relies" on him. He then undergoes this bizzare transformation midway through and becomes a lovesick puppy. So yeah, he annoyed me all the way through. Actually most of the chracters did except Laguna and Irvine. Also having Quistis as Squall's teacher was plain weird. There was only 1 yr difference? Wtf?!

Around the Network
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hynad said:
Crystalchild said:

I'm glad I don't share this opinion.  There are many games that have stellar voice acting in english that often surpasses the one of their original Japanese counterpart.  Final Fantasy XII, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Valkyria Chrinicles being some of them.  As for speaking generally about the voice acting quality, there aren't many video games, Japanese or English, that have voice acting of the quality found in Red Dead Redemption and the Uncharted series.  But of course, you can't possibly put that in the head of a weeaboo.

Beginning of the End of Final Fantasy... it'll be rushed. They likely are being forced to release another FF game since FF14 did so poorly. They need to recoup their losses.

Hynad said:
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hynad said:
Crystalchild said:

I'm glad I don't share this opinion.  As far as I know, there isn't many video games, Japanese or English that have the voice acting of the quality found in Red Dead Redemption and Uncharted series.  But of course, you can't possibly put that in the head of a Weeaboo.

ohh you guys complain so much about english VA in videogames .then you should listen to spanish VA they suck so much . i hate when studios like ubisoft dubbed games with spain's accent like in assasin 2 . im from latin american and i hate spain's accent XD. english VA is more torelable. they are gargabe in animes though. animes are better in japanese with subs

jonager said:
Hynad said:
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
hikaruchan said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hynad said:
Crystalchild said:

I'm glad I don't share this opinion.  As far as I know, there isn't many video games, Japanese or English that have the voice acting of the quality found in Red Dead Redemption and Uncharted series.  But of course, you can't possibly put that in the head of a Weeaboo.

ohh you guys complain so much about english VA in videogames .then you should listen to spanish VA they suck so much . i hate when studios like ubisoft dubbed games with spain's accent like in assasin 2 . im from latin american and i hate spain's accent XD. english VA is more torelable. they are gargabe in animes though. animes are better in japanese with subs

First: Tell me how and where I complained about english VA in videogames?

Secondly: I agree that the animes are better watched in Japanese with subs.  The people handling the localization more often than not don't put much care in their work, probably thinking that the stuff they dub will only be watched by kids and yound teenagers who just don't care that much about that kind of thing.  When it comes to anime movies like Spirited Away, Ghost in the Shell and Akira, the voice acting work is usually on par or pretty close to the Japanese quality.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5