By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS battery life is 3-to-5 hours for 3DS games

haxxiy said:

Eh, I'd rather wait for a 3DS Lite. The first year or so will be supply constrained and probably >$300 due to scarcity anyways. 

And a redesign might have a better battery if the sales show that is what people want.

hunter_alien said:

The PSP is my favorite system of all time. So do you think that battery life is an issue for me?

IMO with headphones plugged in, and good backlight, I will probably easily get out 5 hours gameplay time from the 3DS. Thats more then enough for me

Hey, I like the PSP as well, but I would like a battery that lasts longer for it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I dont see what the problem is here?

3-4 hours of gaming. How many hours do you want to game straight?

Most laptops (with default normal size battery) playing games last about this long on batteries if not shorter. 

The charging being 3.5hours suggests to me that they want to preserve the life of the battery for longer. However I think this is too long.

Exchangeable batteries would be ideal, that way if you NEED to game more than 4hours straight you can swap batteries.

I actually wouldn't mind the battery life if I could charge and play at the same time.  It boggles my mind why they chose a cradle instead of an AC adapter like their previous DS systems. 

Everyone loves to overreact, surely.Why do people still trust those wacky google translations for anything? About the "soft" play mode thing, the original text only mentions soft as (sofuto), which is an abbreviation of software borrowed from english.

The correct translation would be : "If playing 3DS software - approximately 3 to 5 hours"

It doesn't say anything about "soft" play or anything, so since it specifically says that the battery life can be higher depending on the brightness conditions, it should be safe to say that the 3 to 5 hours average is with the highest brightness settings, tag mode on, etc

Around the Network
Rainbird said:

Damn, that's not a lot. Now we just need to know how at what settings it's running at...

EDIT: By the way, can you play on it when it's charging? I mean, with the cradle it might not be all that fun.

With the DS you can, so you should be able to. 

Also Nyang, like people said before, people see what they want to see. 

I own a PSP.  That time estimate isn't an issue.  That's what the PSP was estimated as and it feels like it lasts a long time.

best case for 3DS is around 3-5 hours

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/08/nintendo-3ds-good-for-only-3-to-8-hours-of-play-time-per-charge/

meaning = you will probably get 1.5 hours -2 hours if you have wifi and full effect one.

i guess nintendo really takes this 'casual gaming' seriously. Where are the people who constantly rant on PSP's battery life?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/08/nintendo-3ds-good-for-only-3-to-8-hours-of-play-time-per-charge/

meaning = you will probably get 1.5 hours -2 hours if you have wifi and full effect one.

i guess nintendo really takes this 'casual gaming' seriously. Where are the people who constantly rant on PSP's battery life?

I love it when you post king, when has nintendo ever shown best case? If anything you could argue is this is middle setting, which I would buy that argument. 

kingofwale said:

It's pretty hilarious when you compare that article to its supposed sources, you can really see how "trustworthy" those websites are.

Acevil said:

Also Nyang, like people said before, people see what they want to see. 

Yeah, it's no use I guess. All the actual information has been clarified by now, who is seeing something else now just doesn't want to see the truth.