By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - *Prediction__Wii to sell 105 Million End Of 2011!*

I wish it could but it will do about 100M rather than 105M.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:

You do realize that 21.8m would put it at like 106.5m, :P?

Your prediction could be easily blown, though, :P - Nintendo may do even less for software than this year, Vitality Sensor may be 2012 and Wii may not cut price, :P.

If all three of your conditions do take place (which I doubt, xD), then I'd say you're lowballing it.

What exactly is the point in the Vitality Sensor? from what i can see its the most ridicules idea ever xD. What do you race your friend heart beat or something xD

Nintendo has a knack for turning ridiculous into gold

thx1139 said:

Why after the Wii has had 2 straight years of sales declines you predict the Wii to increase in sales. I believe the Wii will be down 20% YoY.  If you want Wii Vitality Sensor pick up EA SPorts Active and you get your Heart Rate Monitor.

20% is too large considering it didn;t drop that much this year, and will likely price cut in 2011

eliasg said:

Kinect and PS3 price cut will prevent this for happening. I predict 14-15 million sales for wii this year.

ROFL, unlikely, even if we assume Wii drops, it will still likely sell around 17 million

My prediction is 100 M at least, but the 102.49 of PS1 could be beatten if more good games, vitality sensor and price cut... but 100 M is easily reachable I thnik.

Around the Network
axt113 said:
eliasg said:

Kinect and PS3 price cut will prevent this for happening. I predict 14-15 million sales for wii this year.

ROFL, unlikely, even if we assume Wii drops, it will still likely sell around 17 million

just my opinion m8, the drop in sales is not far away...

eliasg said:
axt113 said:
eliasg said:

just my opinion m8, the drop in sales is not far away...

A drop in sales is definetly possible, but in 2010 it got around 20 million in sales,it is extremely unlikely it'll drop to 14-15 million, especially if Wii price cuts to $150 and has some good game releases

Immortal said:
thx1139 said:

Why after the Wii has had 2 straight years of sales declines you predict the Wii to increase in sales. I believe the Wii will be down 20% YoY.  If you want Wii Vitality Sensor pick up EA SPorts Active and you get your Heart Rate Monitor.

Only one of those years had a price cut, neither of them had a massively successful peripheral (doesn't matter what you say about it, Nintendo's made a ridiculous peripheral successful before, :P) and neither of them had great software support year round.

He expects Wii to get all three things this year and if it does, his prediction is completely reasonable.

Also, why the heck do you expect Wii to be down 20% YOY? It was down 11% and 12% respectively over the past two years and, with a price cut early in the year, it could easily wane that decline somewhat.

Yup, you understand my prediction.

In 2009 the Wii had no big System Selling games from January-July(W.S.R) and again from July-October(W.F.P)

In 2010 the Wii had no big games from January-May(S.M.G.2) and again from May-October(W.P and K.E.Y)

In 2011 the Wii has a better start with The Last Story in January for Japan, Mario Sports Mix in February for America, and Mario Sports Mix, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and uDraw in Q1 for Others. I expect Mario Sports Mix to be a big hit in America and Others with the potential of selling 10 Million lifetime worldwide. I also expect Zelda Skyward Sword by May 2011.

I also, expect a Price Cut to $150 sometime in 2011 which in my opinion will boost sales a lot.

Lastly, I expect the Vitality Sensor to be HUGE and blow people away with what it can do. People laugh at it now but they also laughed at the DS, Wii Remote, and Wii Fit. It will be something that only Nintendo could imagine and people thought was impossible. I will be the 1st to say that in my personal opinion the Vitality Sensor will be the biggest surprise hit of this Gen!

Yes, I get what people are saying...what if a Price Cut and/or the Vitality Sensor doesn't happen? What if the V.S flops? Well thats why its a prediction LOL.

thx1139 said:

Xbox360 and PS3 with a price cut, Kinect, Move and good games will be up YoY. Why Wii with a price cut, Vitality Sensor and good games can't be up too?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

axt113 said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:

You do realize that 21.8m would put it at like 106.5m, :P?

Your prediction could be easily blown, though, :P - Nintendo may do even less for software than this year, Vitality Sensor may be 2012 and Wii may not cut price, :P.

If all three of your conditions do take place (which I doubt, xD), then I'd say you're lowballing it.

What exactly is the point in the Vitality Sensor? from what i can see its the most ridicules idea ever xD. What do you race your friend heart beat or something xD

Nintendo has a knack for turning ridiculous into gold

To be honest all 3 of them have a knack for turning things into gold ^^ Just that Nintendo fans will dismiss sony and M$, Sony fans will dismiss M$ and Nintendo etc etc.

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.