By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - *Prediction__Wii to sell 105 Million End Of 2011!*

*Sound Of Rain said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:

You do realize that 21.8m would put it at like 106.5m, :P?

Your prediction could be easily blown, though, :P - Nintendo may do even less for software than this year, Vitality Sensor may be 2012 and Wii may not cut price, :P.

If all three of your conditions do take place (which I doubt, xD), then I'd say you're lowballing it.

What exactly is the point in the Vitality Sensor? from what i can see its the most ridicules idea ever xD. What do you race your friend heart beat or something xD

LOL

You will see when the time is right and Nintendo decides to officially show it to the world. Vitality Sensor will be bigger than Kinect!

Yes it will!!!!

Around the Network

You predicted for holidays Wii>360>>PS3. You were correct.

People need to know this.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I would say no it won't do that but everytime I doubt the Wii it comes back at the end of the year and bitch slaps me...and i'm sick of it I tell you!

in your dreams

I expect Xbox 360 to be close or beat Wii this year in America. Kinect has certainly been a hit, so it would be almost impossible for the Wii to hit that number roflmao

I think it will easly go to 100M end of 2011, Selling more?, there is always a chance.

I think a price cut will see WII doing more than what U predicted, this generation market throughs surprises every now & then, then why not ? a price cut could happen & that will make it go higher than 100M for sure

Around the Network
dany612 said:

in your dreams

I expect Xbox 360 to be close or beat Wii this year in America. Kinect has certainly been a hit, so it would be almost impossible for the Wii to hit that number roflmao

It'll be close, (I'm having a hard time convincing myself that Wii'll win, :O) I'll give you that. If the VS releases, Wii gets better software and it gets a price cut, though, I'd doubt 360's ability to compete, outside of Americas, at least.

Even though it's extremely likely at this point, I still think we should wait past Q1 to see if Kinect has much long term potential, especially in terms of stealing Wii's audience.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

LOL i wish... my prediction is down below 

Why after the Wii has had 2 straight years of sales declines you predict the Wii to increase in sales. I believe the Wii will be down 20% YoY.  If you want Wii Vitality Sensor pick up EA SPorts Active and you get your Heart Rate Monitor.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Kinect and PS3 price cut will prevent this for happening. I predict 14-15 million sales for wii this year. 

thx1139 said:

Why after the Wii has had 2 straight years of sales declines you predict the Wii to increase in sales. I believe the Wii will be down 20% YoY.  If you want Wii Vitality Sensor pick up EA SPorts Active and you get your Heart Rate Monitor.

Only one of those years had a price cut, neither of them had a massively successful peripheral (doesn't matter what you say about it, Nintendo's made a ridiculous peripheral successful before, :P) and neither of them had great software support year round.

He expects Wii to get all three things this year and if it does, his prediction is completely reasonable.

Also, why the heck do you expect Wii to be down 20% YOY? It was down 11% and 12% respectively over the past two years and, with a price cut early in the year, it could easily wane that decline somewhat.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx