By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - *Prediction__Wii to sell 105 Million End Of 2011!*

*Sound Of Rain said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:

You do realize that 21.8m would put it at like 106.5m, :P?

Your prediction could be easily blown, though, :P - Nintendo may do even less for software than this year, Vitality Sensor may be 2012 and Wii may not cut price, :P.

If all three of your conditions do take place (which I doubt, xD), then I'd say you're lowballing it.

What exactly is the point in the Vitality Sensor? from what i can see its the most ridicules idea ever xD. What do you race your friend heart beat or something xD

LOL

You will see when the time is right and Nintendo decides to officially show it to the world. Vitality Sensor will be bigger than Kinect!

...can i lol now or shall i wait a few months? :P

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network
Chibi.V.29 said:

Indeed i do ^^ Ill stick to the tradition jrpg's xD Thats about the only thing left on the wii not tainted by stupid controles xD I even hate most the move's controles :P

Platformers (NSMBW, DKCR, KEY)? Racers (MKWii w/out wheel)? Fighters (SSBB)?

...at least we can agree on traditional JRPGs being awesome though, :P.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Immortal said:

Your prediction could be easily blown, though, :P - Nintendo may do even less for software than this year, Vitality Sensor may be 2012 and Wii may not cut price, :P.

If all three of your conditions do take place (which I doubt, xD), then I'd say you're lowballing it.

I count this week(ending January 1st) as 2011 sales.

With 21.8 Million added to 84.0 Million it would be at 105.8 Million end of 2011.

So you're counting 53 weeks in 2011, or will you take out the last week of '11 as well?

Anyway, 105.8m is still closer to 106m, :P.

I count the sales by the end date which means that the week ending December 25th were the last sales I count for 2010...The week ending January 1st count for 2011 because it end in 2011...this year the final week ends on December 31st so it will still count for 2011 but the week ending January 7th 2012 will count for 2012.

Anyway, yes its closer to 106 Million but its not so I can't say it will sell 106 Million when it only passes 105 Million.

Immortal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Indeed i do ^^ Ill stick to the tradition jrpg's xD Thats about the only thing left on the wii not tainted by stupid controles xD I even hate most the move's controles :P

I rephrase, the last non Nintendo characters games :P I got bord of the characters after about 8 years :P I find ratchet and clank much more entertaining ^^

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Chibi.V.29 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:

What exactly is the point in the Vitality Sensor? from what i can see its the most ridicules idea ever xD. What do you race your friend heart beat or something xD

LOL

You will see when the time is right and Nintendo decides to officially show it to the world. Vitality Sensor will be bigger than Kinect!

...can i lol now or shall i wait a few months? :P

Thats your call but I would wait...everybody laughed at Wii Fit too.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:

I rephrase, the last non Nintendo characters games :P I got bord of the characters after about 8 years :P I find ratchet and clank much more entertaining ^^

VGC really needs more trolls like you. It's rarely that entertaining to read someone's posts.

Ill take that as a compliment :P Iv got nothing against Nintendo they make great hardware always have probably always will I just dont like there characters xD (and im not a big fan of motion controls either...that applyes to he wii, ps3 and 360....and PC whenever its gets them >_> lol ^^) I gave move a try....meh >_>

And if you will excuse me i need to find somewhere to post my 1000th post :D

RolStoppable said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Ill take that as a compliment :P Iv got nothing against Nintendo they make great hardware always have probably always will I just dont like there characters xD (and im not a big fan of motion controls either...that applyes to he wii, ps3 and 360....and PC whenever its gets them >_> lol ^^)

It was a compliment.

Yay :D

This is my 1,001th post! mwa ha ha ha 

Dude, your prediction is really steep, I mean Vitality Sensor MUST be released in 2011 in order for your numbers to happen, Then again for this whole generation of gaming Nintendo has been understimated time and time again, I remember People saying that "The DS had no chance with the PSP," the Motion control was a joke, Wii fit was a joke, I even remember reading in this very web-site people posting that NSMBW was a sad attempt to regain fans. Hopefully Nintendo will take advantage of the 3DS release and create some kind of connectivity between two consoles (sort of like gamecube and gameboy advanced) which will make people buy more Wiis, anyway, if anyone can do it It's Nintendo.

Nintendo would need to have quite a few (million) aces up their sleeves for this to come true.

forest-spirit said:

Nintendo would need to have quite a few (million) aces up their sleeves for this to come true.

Pretty much.