Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 vs Halo Reach [Lens of Truth]

Nsanity said:
LivingMetal said:
Nsanity said:
LivingMetal said:
Nsanity said:
Doobie_wop said:
binary solo said:

What's the point of this comparison? If it's visually best exclusive FPS showdown then why isn't it KZ2 vs Halo: Reach? I'm assuming Halo: Reach is the visually best exclusive FPS on 360, maybe I'm wrong.

Besides I always thought Halo was about the gameplay and Bungie never tried to max out the visuals.

Seems like a comparison with no real point to it.

They also specifically mentioned in the article that Killzone 2 would be a pointless comparison, because everyone's already analysed the game and it hasn't got much competition. They felt that Resistance deserves a go and so they pitted it against a comparable game.

Resistance 2 was never touted as a visual powerhouse, neither was Halo: Reach, it's just for fun and it's just as much about performance, than it is visuals. This isn't a competition about which is the better game, just which is the better running and looking game.

You sir are a lier.

Lens Of Truth: We felt once Killzone 2 was announced Insomniacs Resistance series kinda fell off the radar, and Killzone 2 took the spotlight as the PlayStation 3’s top exclusive First Person Shooter. Furthermore, Resistance 1 or 2 has never had an performance analysis done on either one of them, so we were really interested to see how Insomniac has grasped the PlayStation 3 architecture thus far.

For the record Resistance 2 was touted as a visual powerhouse and was put head to head against Gears 2 many times  by it's fans and gaming sites.

Just calm down, and stop taking this so seriously.  Maybe Doobie-wop has a life by not knowing what every interweb user said about R2.  And don't take "by it's fans and gaming sites" so seriously as well.  But if you are, be consistant.  I will officially tout right now that the PS3 is a better hardcore gaming console than the Xbox 360.  Are you going to agree with me?  If not, then my statement realy doesn't matter to you, and this should apply to the "by it's fans and gaming sites" statement as well.

I just enjoy a little tech talk, that's all.

"You sir are a lier."

So is this technically true of Doopie-Wop?

What's a Doopie-Wop?

And one more thing.  There is nothing technical about touting, and it's also not technical to downplay something pro-PS3 just because it's compared to your console of choice.

Around the Network

Resistance 2 wasn't aweful. People just disliked the game because it changed so many things from the original title. Changes that fans themselfes are to blame for. Insomniac did what game developers rarely do and thats listen to there fans. People were telling them they wanted more colour in FPS because they were always grey and perks like COD games would make the game better. They also told them that carrying 10 weapons at a time was unrealistic and having only 2 at a time allowed for better stratigic multiplay games.

I was on the resistance forums for months and played games with insomniac staff every first friday of every month. So when Insomniac released a game based on what fans told them, all the fans didn't like the colour, hated the perks and wanted the weapon wheels back. Resistance is far from a bad game so people can stop that.

Also anyone who played resistance knows that every level was hugh and very detailed so the dude saying Halos tech is better needs to reconize that large levels and detail don't measure tech but in resistances case it had large scale maps and detail just like Halo reach does. I'm even inclined to say that Resistance 2 had more detail than halo reach so drop that act. I will give Reach explosions though, they do look way better than resistance 2s, for real

LivingMetal said:
Nsanity said:
LivingMetal said:
Nsanity said:
LivingMetal said:
Nsanity said:
Doobie_wop said:
binary solo said:

What's the point of this comparison? If it's visually best exclusive FPS showdown then why isn't it KZ2 vs Halo: Reach? I'm assuming Halo: Reach is the visually best exclusive FPS on 360, maybe I'm wrong.

Besides I always thought Halo was about the gameplay and Bungie never tried to max out the visuals.

Seems like a comparison with no real point to it.

They also specifically mentioned in the article that Killzone 2 would be a pointless comparison, because everyone's already analysed the game and it hasn't got much competition. They felt that Resistance deserves a go and so they pitted it against a comparable game.

Resistance 2 was never touted as a visual powerhouse, neither was Halo: Reach, it's just for fun and it's just as much about performance, than it is visuals. This isn't a competition about which is the better game, just which is the better running and looking game.

You sir are a lier.

Lens Of Truth: We felt once Killzone 2 was announced Insomniacs Resistance series kinda fell off the radar, and Killzone 2 took the spotlight as the PlayStation 3’s top exclusive First Person Shooter. Furthermore, Resistance 1 or 2 has never had an performance analysis done on either one of them, so we were really interested to see how Insomniac has grasped the PlayStation 3 architecture thus far.

For the record Resistance 2 was touted as a visual powerhouse and was put head to head against Gears 2 many times  by it's fans and gaming sites.

Just calm down, and stop taking this so seriously.  Maybe Doobie-wop has a life by not knowing what every interweb user said about R2.  And don't take "by it's fans and gaming sites" so seriously as well.  But if you are, be consistant.  I will officially tout right now that the PS3 is a better hardcore gaming console than the Xbox 360.  Are you going to agree with me?  If not, then my statement realy doesn't matter to you, and this should apply to the "by it's fans and gaming sites" statement as well.

I just enjoy a little tech talk, that's all.

"You sir are a lier."

So is this technically true of Doopie-Wop?

What's a Doopie-Wop?

And one more thing.  There is nothing technical about touting, and it's also not technical to downplay something pro-PS3 just because it compared to your console of choice.

Exclusive , muitplatform i don't care , just say how it is and don't bother replying back to me with another one of your rants seriously.

geddesmond2 said:

Resistance 2 wasn't aweful. People just disliked the game because it changed so many things from the original title. Changes that fans themselfes are to blame for. Insomniac did what game developers rarely do and thats listen to there fans. People were telling them they wanted more colour in FPS because they were always grey and perks like COD games would make the game better. They also told them that carrying 10 weapons at a time was unrealistic and having only 2 at a time allowed for better stratigic multiplay games.

Insomniac hardly listened to their fans. They listened to mainstreamers.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Now I am not replying to dozens of people here but Resistance 2 was definitely NOT as good as Resistance 1. They dumbed down the game-play a lot. That's not to say the game was not enjoyable, just not as good as Resistance 1.

Around the Network

Resistance came out in 2008
Halo Reach came out in 2010

Nsanity said:

Exclusive , muitplatform i don't care , just say how it is and don't bother replying back to me with another one of your rants seriously.

Cheesecake.

huaxiong90 said:
geddesmond2 said:

Hey I was there on the game nights with Insomniac when people were telling them they wanted more colour and stuff and I was on the forums voting in polls made by Insomniac about perks and weapon wheels and such. To say Insomniac hardly listened to there fans is complete BS

Don't know what some people are saying here.

Graphic wise Reach is quite a bit better and gameplay wise Resistance 2 shits all over Resistance 1

geddesmond2 said:
huaxiong90 said:
geddesmond2 said:

Hey I was there on the game nights with Insomniac when people were telling them they wanted more colour and stuff and I was on the forums voting in polls made by Insomniac about perks and weapon wheels and such. To say Insomniac hardly listened to there fans is complete BS

Well, what is it the people want, then?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!