By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 vs Halo Reach [Lens of Truth]

Listening to fans had to be done with moderation. Listening to the fanbase can end up undermining a franchise. The developer needs to stick to their vision. That's what ultimately got them the fans in the first place.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:

Listening to fans had to be done with moderation. Listening to the fanbase can end up undermining a franchise. The developer needs to stick to their vision. That's what ultimately got them the fans in the first place.

Good stuff.  Just had to quote this.

LivingMetal said:
Darc Requiem said:

You know what is listening to the fans done right? Assassin's Creed franchise, the second game was a brilliant improvement over the first and the third just made some little changes and added a very different multiplayer mode.

huaxiong90 said:
geddesmond2 said:
huaxiong90 said:
geddesmond2 said:

Resistance 2 wasn't aweful. People just disliked the game because it changed so many things from the original title. Changes that fans themselfes are to blame for. Insomniac did what game developers rarely do and thats listen to there fans. People were telling them they wanted more colour in FPS because they were always grey and perks like COD games would make the game better. They also told them that carrying 10 weapons at a time was unrealistic and having only 2 at a time allowed for better stratigic multiplay games.

Insomniac hardly listened to their fans. They listened to mainstreamers.

Hey I was there on the game nights with Insomniac when people were telling them they wanted more colour and stuff and I was on the forums voting in polls made by Insomniac about perks and weapon wheels and such. To say Insomniac hardly listened to there fans is complete BS

Well, what is it the people want, then?

Well based off the criticism people had for resistance 2 including myself, people wanted the old school type resistance back with the pick up weapons and weapon wheel. They also wanted the dark horror type feeling the first game had to come back which is something Resistance 3 is showing to have.

rrrnearrr said:
LivingMetal said:
Darc Requiem said:

You know what is listening to the fans done right? Assassin's Creed franchise, the second game was a brilliant improvement over the first and the third just made some little changes and added a very different multiplayer mode.

"Listening to fans had to be done with moderation" is relative.  With moderation, it can be found that all suggestions from its fanbase are detrimental while the opposite it true if all suggestions can be improvements.  I think what Darc Requiem is trying to say is don't take suggestions from fans just because it's made.  Take them because it will improve the francise while not taking away what makeS the franchise what it is.

Around the Network
geddesmond2 said:
huaxiong90 said:

Well, what is it the people want, then?

Well based off the criticism people had for resistance 2 including myself, people wanted the old school type resistance back with the pick up weapons and weapon wheel. They also wanted the dark horror type feeling the first game had to come back which is something Resistance 3 is showing to have.

But doesn't that contradict what they wanted with 2? You called BS on what I said, so I want to know why that is.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

LivingMetal said:
rrrnearrr said:
LivingMetal said:
Darc Requiem said:

"Listening to fans had to be done with moderation" is relative.  With moderation, it can be found that all suggestions from its fanbase are detrimental while the opposite it true if all suggestions can be improvements.  I think what Darc Requiem is trying to say is don't take suggestions from fans just because it's made.  Take them because it will improve the francise while not taking away what makeS the franchise what it is.

Nsanity said:
haxxiy said:
Nsanity said:
Doobie_wop said:
Nsanity said:

Resistance did perform little better in that video ,but Tech wise Halo Reach wins.

How did you come to that conclusion? .

Levels are larger in Reach and lot more detailed, full 3D skybox's and explosions also seem to be running at much higher resolution the list goes on  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-halo-reach-tech-analysis-article

Much higher resolution than Halo 3... Reach runs on 1152x720 which still is lower than Resistance's 2 1280x720. Can't really see how is that technically better. Even framerate and v-sync is better on Re2...

Anyways I'm surprised by Re2 performance. Insomniac is cleary a better developer than I thought. Reach wins in some textures and draw distance but that's it. Lighting is like comparing low to v-high settings on a PC game.

Halo Reach native resolution may be only short 128 pixels short of 1280x720P, but makes up for it with full native rendering resolution explosions.

1152x720 = 829,440 pixels

1280x720 = 921,600 pixels

Not a difference of 128 pixels. Try 92,160 pixels

Random article isn't it? :S

anywho all things aside, the fact R2 giving Reach a run for it's money is amazing

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Doobie_wop said:

The results aren't that surprising. I think everyone can admit that Insomniac are pretty good developers and every title they release is always technically solid. I also really liked Resistance 2, for some reason the Internet didn't like it as much as the first, but I still got through two play throughs and enjoyed them both. I wouldn't be able to say which out of the two is an overall better game, but they are both pretty good.

It failed to beat Gears 2, and turn the tide in the platform wars for what would be home for FPS, so people turned on it.  This happens when people make games out to be salvos to fire in their partisan console wars.