By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 vs Halo Reach [Lens of Truth]

That's right.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=25645

For some weird reason they have gone on and compared two games just like they did with Uncharted and Enslaved.

Go to the source to know who won, and come back and give your opinions about it.

Around the Network

Resistance did perform little better in that video ,but Tech wise Halo Reach wins.

The results aren't that surprising. I think everyone can admit that Insomniac are pretty good developers and every title they release is always technically solid. I also really liked Resistance 2, for some reason the Internet didn't like it as much as the first, but I still got through two play throughs and enjoyed them both. I wouldn't be able to say which out of the two is an overall better game, but they are both pretty good.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Nsanity said:

Resistance did perform little better in that video ,but Tech wise Halo Reach wins.

How did you come to that conclusion? The article seems to point to Resistance 2 as being the technically better game.

All you have to do is read the Graphics and Performances paragraphs.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

Woah.

I just got Resistance 2 in a bargain bin and I have to say: If it looks better than Reach then that's a really poor showing from a 360 exclusive.

I got a few games at the same time and even though it's in a different genre, God of War Collection even looks better than Resistance 2. Well, at least GoW2 looks better.

Just saying.

EDIT: Of course R2 is also an exclusive.

Around the Network
Doobie_wop said:
Nsanity said:

How did you come to that conclusion? .

Levels are larger in Reach and lot more detailed, full 3D skybox's and explosions also seem to be running at much higher resolution the list goes on  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-halo-reach-tech-analysis-article

What's the point of this comparison? If it's visually best exclusive FPS showdown then why isn't it KZ2 vs Halo: Reach? I'm assuming Halo: Reach is the visually best exclusive FPS on 360, maybe I'm wrong.

Besides I always thought Halo was about the gameplay and Bungie never tried to max out the visuals.

Seems like a comparison with no real point to it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

What's the point of this comparison? If it's visually best exclusive FPS showdown then why isn't it KZ2 vs Halo: Reach? I'm assuming Halo: Reach is the visually best exclusive FPS on 360, maybe I'm wrong.

Besides I always thought Halo was about the gameplay and Bungie never tried to max out the visuals.

True, but if anyone were to handle that comparison it should be DigitalFoundry.

Wow...Just wow.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

binary solo said:

It's just for fun. It's interesting to see games pitted against each other randomly and just like the Uncharted 1 vs Enslaved comparison, it's a pretty interesting topic. 

Also, Halo: Reach isn't the best looking FPS on the 360, it's performance suffers at some points and it's visuals are far more about art style than it is tech. 

They also specifically mentioned in the article that Killzone 2 would be a pointless comparison, because everyone's already analysed the game and it hasn't got much competition. They felt that Resistance deserves a go and so they pitted it against a comparable game.

Resistance 2 was never touted as a visual powerhouse, neither was Halo: Reach, it's just for fun and it's just as much about performance, than it is visuals. This isn't a competition about which is the better game, just which is the better running and looking game.