By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 vs Halo Reach [Lens of Truth]

Nsanity said:
Doobie_wop said:
Nsanity said:

Resistance did perform little better in that video ,but Tech wise Halo Reach wins.

How did you come to that conclusion? .

Levels are larger in Reach and lot more detailed, full 3D skybox's and explosions also seem to be running at much higher resolution the list goes on  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-halo-reach-tech-analysis-article

Have you even played Resistance 2 yet?

Around the Network

I watched it on youtube just now.  Man, the comments there.....I ran back to VGChartz!  At least there's some law and order, here!!

LivingMetal said:
Nsanity said:
Doobie_wop said:
binary solo said:

What's the point of this comparison? If it's visually best exclusive FPS showdown then why isn't it KZ2 vs Halo: Reach? I'm assuming Halo: Reach is the visually best exclusive FPS on 360, maybe I'm wrong.

Besides I always thought Halo was about the gameplay and Bungie never tried to max out the visuals.

Seems like a comparison with no real point to it.

They also specifically mentioned in the article that Killzone 2 would be a pointless comparison, because everyone's already analysed the game and it hasn't got much competition. They felt that Resistance deserves a go and so they pitted it against a comparable game.

Resistance 2 was never touted as a visual powerhouse, neither was Halo: Reach, it's just for fun and it's just as much about performance, than it is visuals. This isn't a competition about which is the better game, just which is the better running and looking game.

You sir are a lier.

Lens Of Truth: We felt once Killzone 2 was announced Insomniacs Resistance series kinda fell off the radar, and Killzone 2 took the spotlight as the PlayStation 3’s top exclusive First Person Shooter. Furthermore, Resistance 1 or 2 has never had an performance analysis done on either one of them, so we were really interested to see how Insomniac has grasped the PlayStation 3 architecture thus far.

For the record Resistance 2 was touted as a visual powerhouse and was put head to head against Gears 2 many times  by it's fans and gaming sites.

Just calm down, and stop taking this so seriously.  Maybe Doobie-wop has a life by not knowing what every interweb user said about R2.  And don't take "by it's fans and gaming sites" so seriously as well.  But if you are, be consistant.  I will officially tout right now that the PS3 is a better hardcore gaming console than the Xbox 360.  Are you going to agree with me?  If not, then my statement realy doesn't matter to you, and this should apply to the "by it's fans and gaming sites" statement as well.

I just enjoy a little tech talk, that's all.

d21lewis said:

I watched it on youtube just now.  Man, the comments there.....I ran back to VGChartz!  At least there's some law and order, here!!

Heh, tell me about it.

"SYSTEM WARS! Keep the sweet sweet Xcock 3shitty fagboy tears running :D SO many fag 360 fagboys crying in that thread. Waltefmoney is a cock sucking cum dumpster 360 fagboy who needs to stop sucking dick, it's messing with his ability to reason."

Underlined: How incredibly ironic.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Nsanity said:
LivingMetal said:
Nsanity said:
Doobie_wop said:
binary solo said:

What's the point of this comparison? If it's visually best exclusive FPS showdown then why isn't it KZ2 vs Halo: Reach? I'm assuming Halo: Reach is the visually best exclusive FPS on 360, maybe I'm wrong.

Besides I always thought Halo was about the gameplay and Bungie never tried to max out the visuals.

They also specifically mentioned in the article that Killzone 2 would be a pointless comparison, because everyone's already analysed the game and it hasn't got much competition. They felt that Resistance deserves a go and so they pitted it against a comparable game.

Resistance 2 was never touted as a visual powerhouse, neither was Halo: Reach, it's just for fun and it's just as much about performance, than it is visuals. This isn't a competition about which is the better game, just which is the better running and looking game.

You sir are a lier.

Lens Of Truth: We felt once Killzone 2 was announced Insomniacs Resistance series kinda fell off the radar, and Killzone 2 took the spotlight as the PlayStation 3’s top exclusive First Person Shooter. Furthermore, Resistance 1 or 2 has never had an performance analysis done on either one of them, so we were really interested to see how Insomniac has grasped the PlayStation 3 architecture thus far.

For the record Resistance 2 was touted as a visual powerhouse and was put head to head against Gears 2 many times  by it's fans and gaming sites.

Just calm down, and stop taking this so seriously.  Maybe Doobie-wop has a life by not knowing what every interweb user said about R2.  And don't take "by it's fans and gaming sites" so seriously as well.  But if you are, be consistant.  I will officially tout right now that the PS3 is a better hardcore gaming console than the Xbox 360.  Are you going to agree with me?  If not, then my statement realy doesn't matter to you, and this should apply to the "by it's fans and gaming sites" statement as well.

"You sir are a lier."

So is this technically true of Doopie-Wop?

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
Nsanity said:
LivingMetal said:
Nsanity said:
Doobie_wop said:
binary solo said:

You sir are a lier.

"You sir are a lier."

So is this technically true of Doopie-Wop?

What's a Doopie-Wop?

huaxiong90 said:
rrrnearrr said:

Really? It might have better graphics, but resistance is one of the worst designed shooters i've played. You really can't compare resistance to halo and I don't even like halo or have an xbox.

Resistance: Fall of Man was fine. Resistance 2, on the other hand...

/this

Resistance 2 was awful. My old roommate borrowed Resistance 1 from my brother. He liked it well enough and decided to pick up Resistance 2. He took it back the next day and traded it in to Gamestop. He took $25 loss but he didn't care. Resistance 2 has terrible AI. I gave Isomniac a mulligan on R2. Their are games out side of R2 are usually very good. I hope Resistance 3 is more like the first Resistance: FoM. R2's ending sucked too. RIP Nathan Hale.

texture wise reach obviously looks better but the scene here they compared the epic city views resistance 2 won it for me ^^ (no im not implying res 2 is graphics more advanced i just prefer its style of lighting etc)

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Darc Requiem said:
huaxiong90 said:
rrrnearrr said:

Really? It might have better graphics, but resistance is one of the worst designed shooters i've played. You really can't compare resistance to halo and I don't even like halo or have an xbox.

Resistance: Fall of Man was fine. Resistance 2, on the other hand...

/this

Resistance 2 was awful. My old roommate borrowed Resistance 1 from my brother. He liked it well enough and decided to pick up Resistance 2. He took it back the next day and traded it in to Gamestop. He took $25 loss but he didn't care. Resistance 2 has terrible AI. I gave Isomniac a mulligan on R2. Their are games out side of R2 are usually very good. I hope Resistance 3 is more like the first Resistance: FoM. R2's ending sucked too. RIP Nathan Hale.

R1 better than R2.  It happens.

The single player campaign, presentation, and level design were far better in Resistance 1. I seriously wonder if the single player campaign was an after thought in R2.