By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 owners, how did you feel about the ME2 demo?

Kantor said:

HOLY FUCKING WOW, in three words.

I mean, I knew it would be good. I'd heard everyone screaming that it would be good for nearly a year. Hell, it won VGC GoTY. But I didn't expect anything so completely full of win.

I have a feeling they've simplified the backstory somewhat. The only choices I had to make were silly things like where Shepard was brought up (was that in the 360/PC versions?). There is usually a dialogue option to clear things up - they think your amnesia is due to the operation. The opening of the demo wasn't a comic at all, but a collection of cutscene clips, which actually summarised the core events of ME1 quite well, in ... perhaps ten minutes?

One of the best demos I've played, and ME2 is now a definite purchase.

You decide that at the beginning of ME1, when you're customizing your character. I just started a new game in ME1, so I definitely know that.

Although, if you haven't played ME1, I'm not sure if it happens in ME2 as well? I imported my ME1 save into ME2, so I don't know if there was an option.

If you have the choice of getting the PC version for cheaper you should definitely go for that. That is the best looking version (if you're PC can handle it). I got the 360 version of ME2, just because I played ME1 on the 360.(import my save!) Otherwise I would've gone for the PC version as well.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

I played the demo, it had some horrible screen tearing at the begining and stuttering. Anyone else experienced this? Maybe it will be fixed in the final game.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

smbu2000 said:
Kantor said:

HOLY FUCKING WOW, in three words.

I mean, I knew it would be good. I'd heard everyone screaming that it would be good for nearly a year. Hell, it won VGC GoTY. But I didn't expect anything so completely full of win.

I have a feeling they've simplified the backstory somewhat. The only choices I had to make were silly things like where Shepard was brought up (was that in the 360/PC versions?). There is usually a dialogue option to clear things up - they think your amnesia is due to the operation. The opening of the demo wasn't a comic at all, but a collection of cutscene clips, which actually summarised the core events of ME1 quite well, in ... perhaps ten minutes?

One of the best demos I've played, and ME2 is now a definite purchase.

You decide that at the beginning of ME1, when you're customizing your character. I just started a new game in ME1, so I definitely know that.

Although, if you haven't played ME1, I'm not sure if it happens in ME2 as well? I imported my ME1 save into ME2, so I don't know if there was an option.

If you have the choice of getting the PC version for cheaper you should definitely go for that. That is the best looking version (if you're PC can handle it). I got the 360 version of ME2, just because I played ME1 on the 360.(import my save!) Otherwise I would've gone for the PC version as well.

ME1 is currently at 14% downloading from Steam, after a solid few hours. And I can't play any Steam games, because they pause the download.

>______________________________________>

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Really fantastic Demo. From someone who has never played a game in the series it's a more approachable game than I would have imagined. I would defintely concider buying the game, if not right away than certainly once the price comes down a bit.  

Thought it was crap.

Around the Network

Well it was alright, nothing really blew me away. There was a lot of bugs and glitches and screen tears in the demo though, hopefully that gets fixed. Another thing with explosions never made a BANG when they explode?

That was just the demo so I assume they'll be fixed, so I dunno nothing stood out to be really exciting, a few times I wanted to just exit the game throughout the demo, but I was determined to finish just to see what all the fuss was about.

Before I played the demo I was really considering getting the game, now I don't think I'm going to bother.

played 1 & 2 on a friends 360, was always interested in the series but there was no way in hell that I was buying another console for 2 games and i dont have the exact best PC around to run these games. Dont care what no one says EA, your aces in my book for this multiplat move

I feel bad that PS3 users get screwed by not getting Mass Effect 1.

Since Dragon Age did so decently well on PS3, it was a matter of time that PS3 would get Mass Effect, but I think Bioware has really screwed the pooch. Dropping people in with a 'oh by the way, here was some stuff in ME1 that is important to ME2' system is not the best way to do it.

I always felt that BioWare needed to keep ME1 and ME2 exclusive to the X360, then put out a trilogy Blu-Ray once the series was completed - that way the PS3 users got a definitive edition, and weren't short changed.

But instead, they get ME2 which is great, but without playing ME1, you miss a lot of the valuable story and character development.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Not a big fan of the gameplay style, although that might have something to do with me going in and expecting it be an RPG, which to be honest it doesn't seem or feel like an RPG in any way what so ever.

The storyline seems like it may hook me since it seems really good, just like ME1 which I played on 360.

However with both titles the issue for me is the gameplay. It is just so boring to me.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I thought it was boring, It could be because its just a demo but it plays like a generic 3rd person shooter TBH and I was hoping it would be super good since it was hailed by many 360 owners as one of their best games.....