By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 owners, how did you feel about the ME2 demo?

it was ok, it had brilliant graphics, like everyone else mentioned they need to sort out the frame drops in cuscenes, apart from that a very nice port so i will buy when i get the money

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

HOLY FUCKING WOW, in three words.

I mean, I knew it would be good. I'd heard everyone screaming that it would be good for nearly a year. Hell, it won VGC GoTY. But I didn't expect anything so completely full of win.

I have a feeling they've simplified the backstory somewhat. The only choices I had to make were silly things like where Shepard was brought up (was that in the 360/PC versions?). There is usually a dialogue option to clear things up - they think your amnesia is due to the operation. The opening of the demo wasn't a comic at all, but a collection of cutscene clips, which actually summarised the core events of ME1 quite well, in ... perhaps ten minutes?

One of the best demos I've played, and ME2 is now a definite purchase.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

i enjoyed the demo but i cant really say whether it lives up to the "immense hype" which it constantly got from 360 owners because it's only a demo so i know im not going to be getting the full experiance out of it. Ill post back when ive bought the game and played around 6 hours of it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Kantor said:

HOLY FUCKING WOW, in three words.

I mean, I knew it would be good. I'd heard everyone screaming that it would be good for nearly a year. Hell, it won VGC GoTY. But I didn't expect anything so completely full of win.

I have a feeling they've simplified the backstory somewhat. The only choices I had to make were silly things like where Shepard was brought up (was that in the 360/PC versions?). There is usually a dialogue option to clear things up - they think your amnesia is due to the operation. The opening of the demo wasn't a comic at all, but a collection of cutscene clips, which actually summarised the core events of ME1 quite well, in ... perhaps ten minutes?

One of the best demos I've played, and ME2 is now a definite purchase.

Actually the demo is different. There was no comic in it. You have to buy the game then download the comic for free on the PSN store before playing it.

If you notice, in the demo you played the original "canon" (basically you were an a*hole - council is dead )

@topic - Liked it a lot. Played only once as a soldier but plan to use other classes as well to see which one I like best.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

If the comic is free they should just put it on the store now so we can go through it a few times before the game is released and get to grips with story a little better. Who knows it might even tempt the non buyers to buy the game if it grips them enough.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
StokedUp said:

If the comic is free they should just put it on the store now so we can go through it a few times before the game is released and get to grips with story a little better. Who knows it might even tempt the non buyers to buy the game if it grips them enough.

Maybe it can only be used inside the full game.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Huge dilemma now.

Mass Effect is £5 on Steam

ME2 is £10

ME2 PS3 will be retailing for full price - £40.

I save £25 by getting the PC versions, and I get to play through all of Mass Effect. Worth going for that?

Kantor said:

Huge dilemma now.

Mass Effect is £5 on Steam

ME2 is £10

ME2 PS3 will be retailing for full price - £40.

I save £25 by getting the PC versions, and I get to play through all of Mass Effect. Worth going for that?

That's not a dilema!  Get it on PC.  Better graphics, better controls, etc.   If you have a PC capable of it then the PC version is the best overall.  Cost wise it's a no-brainer, too.  And you'll be set up for the better ME3 version, too.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I just remembered one disadvantage of the PC version (on Steam at least)

Downloading 10GB of data using BT internet. Hmmmm...

I should get Mass Effect 3 for PC....but I already got 1 and 2 for the 360. Might as well just keep the series together.