By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 owners, how did you feel about the ME2 demo?

One of the crown jewels of the Xbox 360 library was the Mass Effect series.  Whenever debates over console superiority broke out, ME and ME2 were right there in the center of it.  360 fans would boast about the exclusivity of the AAA series.  PS3 fans would counter with the "It's also on PC" argument.  Well, the time is nearly upon us where ME2 will 100% available to PS3 owners. 

My question is this:  After years of having this game thrown in your face, and finally having a taste of the game (PS3 demo available, now!), does the game live up to the immense hype?  Were you guys impressed by the demo or was it a huge disappointment?  Are you sold on the franchise or does it fail to live up to the list of PS3 exclusives?

(For the record, I haven't played the PS3 demo.  I haven't had my PS3 on long enough to download the 2gb trial.)

Around the Network

its not god damn downloading!!!!!!!!!!! im at 99% ive been waiting for more then 15 hours.

il post impressions when i play it.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

2 mbs left!!!

I was going to post a thread about this and saw this so I'll post it here.

I have 3 Acronyms to say about the ME2 Demo.

OMFG ME2 FTW!!!

First off it's probably the best detailed and best made demo. Perfect demo for all new comers to the ME series on PS3.

The gameplay is so much more solid than ME1. The gunplay to all the different class abilities are really great and plays out well. ME2's graphics are only second to Gears of War games as the best looking Unreal Engine Games. I was correct in saying that ME2 is definitely the most impressive looking 2010 X360 game.

For the record, I played ME1 on PC but skipped ME2 on PC due to time and PC contraints. Plus to be able to play ME2 on console PS3 is just too good and when the PS3 version does come out, it contains all the DLC along with the Cerbersus network Card which will definitely come in handy.

Voice Acting. Second Most Impressive Voice Acting I've heard this year behind RDR. I'm more of a fan of Jennifer Hale's Female Commander Shepard's voice than the male Shepard voice and so I'm going to make a female Shepard for ME2 (I was going to regardless of VA and I did make a Female Shepard in ME1). Not only is Shepard's VA good but all the characters have excellent VA and really helps players engage more with the characters and story.

The setting of ME2 is just soo good. I love Sci Fi everything and ME2 really does capture the essence of Sci Fi and BioWare has really don a great job in making ME2 a really immersive Sci Fi Game and overall making ME a top notch Sci Fi Game.

You know no wonder ME2 has been getting universal praise as well as racking up GOTY awards. It's just that good!

I'm planning to get around 3 playthroughs of ME2, 2 with Female Shepards and the other with Main Face Male Shepard, all with different classes. I have Sentinel, Vanguard and Soldier Classes in mind so far.

I seriously cannot wait to play ME2 on PS3 and I regret now not being able to play ME2 on PC eariler and so I plan to also get it on PC sometime next year but PS3 is where it's at for me.

game is amazing. the demo is long and just before it theirs an introduction to me2 where they tell you about shepard and the reapers(what ever theyr called).

shooting mechanics are very good, its a very fun and fast paced game, the powers are easy to use, and the game is challenging, i died 3 times on normal difficulty. my only complaint is that when you order a team mate to go into cover it will stay their till you give it another command.

im already hooked into the story and i cant wait for more. other then that their are many paths, you can go explore and find ammo, which is always nice.

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:

game is amazing. the demo is long and just before it theirs an introduction to me2 where they tell you about shepard and the reapers(what ever theyr called).

shooting mechanics are very good, its a very fun and fast paced game, the powers are easy to use, and the game is challenging, i died 3 times on normal difficulty. my only complaint is that when you order a team mate to go into cover it will stay their till you give it another command.

im already hooked into the story and i cant wait for more. other then that their are many paths, you can go explore and find ammo, which is always nice.

Glad to hear it, zgamer!!  I was a little worried that the game wouldn't live up to expectations.  I don't have any stock in the game but it always feels good when people like something I like.  There's a lot of great moments in the real game, too.  I think I'll download it this morning to see what Bioware is showing PS3 owners.

It was nice to be back in the ME2 universe for a while but the demo also highlighted my problem with the game on 360. Too much shooting in random corridors with chest high walls. There is a casual mode for people who are more interested in the story, but it forgets to cut out half of the repetitive corridors or tone down the number of enemies you have to go through.

There are a lot more interesting locations then in the demo. The towns / space stations are excellent and some of the outdoor environments are very nice. Pretty much all the characters have interesting well written stories, although most of their missions come down to shooting you way through random looking warehouse environments.

Usually the xp, developing your character, and interesting loot keeps me going through the endless battles in RPGs. But the actual rpg elements in ME2 are very light.

But if you love cover based shooters, the 30 seconds of fun mantra from halo, and rpgs then me2 is the perfect game for you.

The Mass Effect series has been awesome for me and possibly my favourite new franchise. You PS3 owners out there that haven't played it really need to check it out.

There's a demo? Well I'll be damned... *Heads to his PS3*

Time to see what all the hype is about.

Awesome demo, really excited for this.

I didn't know Mass Effect was so good, I thought it was too "shooter" for my tastes.