By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 owners, how did you feel about the ME2 demo?

Awesome as usual. lol

Around the Network

I played the game on PC, but I downloaded the PS3 demo to see what Bioware managed to get out of the hardware.

Game looks surprisingly very good!  It seems like a very solid version of the game, so far.  I don't know how it fares compared to the 360 version, as I've never played that version, but from what I've played of the PS3 demo, it looks damn good and runs quite smoothly.  The only time I noticed graphical problems was during cutscenes, where the frame rate would drop quite often.  It was noticeable enough to be annoying, so I do hope that they will fix that for the final version of the game.

As awesome as the Xbox version... I'm still probably going to get this version as well just for fun

i hated it

i was really looking forward to it but didnt like anything about it, i dont know what happend :/ 

the only good thing i can say is that i will be able to knock one game off my list for jan-march and save some money

PlaystaionGamer said:

i hated it

i was really looking forward to it but didnt like anything about it, i dont know what happend :/ 

the only good thing i can say is that i will be able to knock one game off my list for jan-march and save some money

I sorta expected some people to hate it......While it's one of my favorite games of 2010 (probably in the top 3), I could see how some people could be turned off by the game.  Not enough a shooter for shooter fans--too much of a shooter for RPG fans.  Oh well.  To each, his own.

Around the Network

Was gonna download just to see the ME3 engine but it's 2.3GB so fuck that. I downloaded the Dead Space 2 demo instead. :P

I 'm still tempted to buy it even though I've already finished the game 1.5 times on PC. I'll definitely be getting ME3 on console.

Played it on PC at 1080p at max settings, so I was kinda expecting the PS3 iteration to look pretty poor by comparison. But, I was suprised. It looks alright. Sure, it's lower res, and the textures are often poorer, and the AA is non-existant, and the screen tears in the cut scenes, and it's hardly the stable 60fps that I'm used to, but it still looks pretty damn good. Also, I expected the controls to be utterly alien after playing this on keyboard and mouse, but it was all pretty natural and intuative, although it was odd seeing my FemShep (I copied my code over so she looked identical to my PC Shep) walking -- she could only jog or run on PC (digital movement not as cool as an analogue stick).

So, all-in-all, impressed enough that I'll probably take a double-dip given I love the game so much (for all its many flaws); however, I'll probably wait to catch it on the cheap.

In short: thumbs up.

The PS3 version is much sharper than the 360 version. The PS3 controls are great as well. It's very responsive to explosions, hit-taking, firing and reloads.  January cannot come soon enough. I cannot believe my 360 had to die on me while playing this game of all games! 

I really loved the RPG aspects and will be looking forward to buying the game, but I felt the shooting was kind of weak, particularly the cover system which seemed more  restrictive than I'm used to and only easily worked for me for those obvious waist high walls.  Naz tells me that I can use door frames and corners as cover but I didn't get it to work in the demo the few times I tried.  I'll have to make a stronger attempt at it when I buy the full game.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The PS3 version is much sharper than the 360 version. The PS3 controls are great as well. It's very responsive to explosions, hit-taking, firing and reloads.  January cannot come soon enough. I cannot believe my 360 had to die on me while playing this game of all games! 

Damndest thing!  My 360 died on me when I got this game, too.  The disc drive quit working.  It also died in 2007 when I got ME1, Super Mario Galaxy (not for 360, of course) and Assassins Creed on the same day!!  Maybe I better stay away from Mass Effect games.......nah!  That's a chance I'm willing to take.