By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BIG Rumor: Tales of Graces Wii being localized with PS3 extras?

Xen said:
Xxain said:
MrT-Tar said:

Sometimes I wonder how many Monolith games would be localised if they were still part of Namco.  At least Nintendo localises most of them.

Under Namco, Europe only got Xenosaga Episode II and the original Baten Kaitos (Nintendo had to step in and publish it though)

However, since the take over the games developed for Nintendo (ie not SRT or DBZ), Nintendo has only not localised Soma Bringer.  It's too early to tell for Xenoblade.

DBZ:AotS, Disaster(halfway), and Super Robot Taisen are the only games nintendo has published for Monolith out of 7 games this gen currently.

Namco localized all the mainline Xenoseries and Baiten Kaitos series..so I dont know what your talking about

Europe. PAL regions get the JRPG shaft over and over... though all the real blame is on them, they don't buy the ones that DO get released.

Well to be fair alot of the time when they do get the games its like a year late and interest is low. Also they sometimes get games outta sequaence like xenosaga so its more the publisher.

Around the Network
Xen said:
Xxain said:
MrT-Tar said:

Sometimes I wonder how many Monolith games would be localised if they were still part of Namco.  At least Nintendo localises most of them.

Under Namco, Europe only got Xenosaga Episode II and the original Baten Kaitos (Nintendo had to step in and publish it though)

However, since the take over the games developed for Nintendo (ie not SRT or DBZ), Nintendo has only not localised Soma Bringer.  It's too early to tell for Xenoblade.

DBZ:AotS, Disaster(halfway), and Super Robot Taisen are the only games nintendo has published for Monolith out of 7 games this gen currently.

Namco localized all the mainline Xenoseries and Baiten Kaitos series..so I dont know what your talking about

Europe. PAL regions get the JRPG shaft over and over... though all the real blame is on them, they don't buy the ones that DO get released.

Yeah. That's why Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Quest IX sold better in Europe than in America.

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Nintendo localized Baten Kaitos Origins not Namco.

Well, this used to be my most wanted game but then my love for it seemed to wither and die.

I cannot see why my love can't reburn.

VivaLaWiida said:
Xen said:
Xxain said:
MrT-Tar said:

Yeah. That's why Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Quest IX sold better in Europe than in America.

And Valkyria Chronicles along with Persona 4, Star Ocean 4, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssey, all sold better in the Americas. It goes both ways, but the general trend was and is America > EU.

Around the Network

Xen said:

And Valkyria Chronicles along with Persona 4, Star Ocean 4, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssey, all sold better in the Americas. It goes both ways, but the general trend was and is America > EU.

It is a terrible misconception that Europeans simply refuse to buy these kinds of games. In the case of more than a few of those titles you mentioned, not many copies were actually shipped to European regions in the first place - Or rather, not many in comparison to US or Japanese regions - and this of course means the copies that are actually around are simply too difficult to track down, too expensive to buy, or a devilish combination of both.

Take a look at this, one of a few popular online stores here in the UK, especially among gamers. Now as you can see, Tales of Vesperia is SOLD OUT, it has been sold out for quite some time now and will probably stay that way. Not only that, let me direct your attention to the price tag of £44.99. Take note that this game was released over a year ago. It barely ever dropped in price anywhere, and when it did you can bet your left leg that people were on it like a hawk. This is just one online retailer though, most stores no longer carry - or never even received - copies of these games.

Amazon.co.uk only has one new copy of Tales of Vesperia left going for nearly £90, and only 4 used copies for £74. That is fucking insane!

The games mentioned by VivaLaWiida are actually shining examples of PAL releases being treated with the same level of respect as elsewhere. Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Quest IX were very high profile releases that quite clearly got the treatment they deserved. Dragon Quest IX is still selling exceptionally well here, without a single permanent price drop in-store or online, and with a selling trend that is alarmingly similar to certain other first party Nintendo titles, most notably Animal Crossing: Wild World for the same console. I haven't been watching Final Fantasy XIII so I can't speak much for the numbers of either version, but the PS3 game is currently performing better in EMEAA than the US, according to VGC numbers.

You have no idea what it is like being a gamer in Europe. It's hard enough as it is here trying to scrape what we can get our hands on without having to deal with grief from people like you blaming us for the low sales of many games.

How technical is your game?

Zucas said:
outlawauron said:
Zucas said:

Well first I'll say, that I do hope they bring the game over on either platform or even both so that everyone is happy.  I just want to play the game, although I guess for me personally I'd rather it at least be the Wii version.  

As for the reasoning it does seem a little quirky, but I guess we'll just wait and see what happens.  I mean I don't understand why not just release it on both, but maybe there are other factors at play we don't know about.  I mean development costs aren't the only thing people.  Lots more costs involved when releasing a title and obviously there are other factors that may be influencing their decision if it turns out true.  

This is ironic. The PS3 version is better, but even if you bought it there, you wouldn't play it.

So, did you end buying XIII on 360 yet?

But the PS3 isn't for playing games... it is for watching blu-rays haha.  I didn't buy it for that reason haha.  Let's not get into a discussion of what my PS3 is actually used for haha.  Get a lot of people on these forums riled up.  Especially for the reason that it started off as.  

And I came close to buying FF13 on 360 today and taking advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free sale at Gamestop but I passed. Maybe tomorrow.  

It hurts because I know this is how you actually are.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

VivaLaWiida said:
Xen said:
Xxain said:
MrT-Tar said:

Not entirely true. FF 13 sold more in the US by 60k.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

IxisNaugus said:

Xen said:

It is a terrible misconception that Europeans simply refuse to buy these kinds of games. In the case of more than a few of those titles you mentioned, not many copies were actually shipped to European regions in the first place - Or rather, not many in comparison to US or Japanese regions - and this of course means the copies that are actually around are simply too difficult to track down, too expensive to buy, or a devilish combination of both.

Take a look at this, one of a few popular online stores here in the UK, especially among gamers. Now as you can see, Tales of Vesperia is SOLD OUT, it has been sold out for quite some time now and will probably stay that way. Not only that, let me direct your attention to the price tag of £44.99. Take note that this game was released over a year ago. It barely ever dropped in price anywhere, and when it did you can bet your left leg that people were on it like a hawk. This is just one online retailer though, most stores no longer carry - or never even received - copies of these games.

Amazon.co.uk only has one new copy of Tales of Vesperia left going for nearly £90, and only 4 used copies for £74. That is fucking insane!

The games mentioned by VivaLaWiida are actually shining examples of PAL releases being treated with the same level of respect as elsewhere. Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Quest IX were very high profile releases that quite clearly got the treatment they deserved. Dragon Quest IX is still selling exceptionally well here, without a single permanent price drop in-store or online, and with a selling trend that is alarmingly similar to certain other first party Nintendo titles, most notably Animal Crossing: Wild World for the same console. I haven't been watching Final Fantasy XIII so I can't speak much for the numbers of either version, but the PS3 game is currently performing better in EMEAA than the US, according to VGC numbers.

You have no idea what it is like being a gamer in Europe. It's hard enough as it is here trying to scrape what we can get our hands on without having to deal with grief from people like you blaming us for the low sales of many games.

???

I'm from a PAL country and I'm very familiar with the PAL "gaming" mentality.  I suffer because of it, too, having to import most of my games from the states. As for "proper treatment"... SO4 and Lost Odyssey got it... didn't get them anywhere, though.

This is the worst rumour thread I've ever seen, worse than my worst rumour thread which was really really awful!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey