By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BIG Rumor: Tales of Graces Wii being localized with PS3 extras?

Xen said:
Xxain said:

This Makes no sense.

There are 2 versions, the Wii and the PS3 version which has the bonus content..niether are localized.

but if NB had to choose one it would definitely be the PS3 version, becuase it would be the cheaper one!

adding all the bonus content to the Wii version localization would cost more than just localizing the PS3 version which already hads the content.

2. The strategy behind releasing the Wii version in the west then PS3 is Wii version sells well is stupid! it makes no sense all the way

I own both a PS3 and Wii if buy the Wii version, why buy the PS3 version version? the use a whooole different fanbase to gauge a release for a different console is ridicoulous

this is obviously fake

it doesnt sound right and if it doesnt sound right its becuase it isnt

Thanks for saving me the need to type it all up... this is one of the lamest rumors I heard in the last few months...

Not saying the rumor is true, but if Nintendo is paying for/doing the localization then it DOES make sense.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
bmmb1 said:
Xen said:
Xxain said:

This Makes no sense.

There are 2 versions, the Wii and the PS3 version which has the bonus content..niether are localized.

but if NB had to choose one it would definitely be the PS3 version, becuase it would be the cheaper one!

adding all the bonus content to the Wii version localization would cost more than just localizing the PS3 version which already hads the content.

2. The strategy behind releasing the Wii version in the west then PS3 is Wii version sells well is stupid! it makes no sense all the way

I own both a PS3 and Wii if buy the Wii version, why buy the PS3 version version? the use a whooole different fanbase to gauge a release for a different console is ridicoulous

this is obviously fake

Thanks for saving me the need to type it all up... this is one of the lamest rumors I heard in the last few months...

Not saying the rumor is true, but if Nintendo is paying for/doing the localization then it DOES make sense.

Why didn't they do it before, then? They knew that there's gonna be a ToGf release on the PS3 when their Wii game released?

Still not a whole of sense, sowee.

Xen said:
bmmb1 said:
Xen said:
Xxain said:

This Makes no sense.

this is obviously fake

Why didn't they do it before, then? They knew that there's gonna be a ToGf release on the PS3 when their Wii game released?

Why should they care that there is a PS3 version? Let me present to you the following situation:

- Namco had no intention of localizing Tales games (or at least TOG) given costs vs. past performance in the West

- Nintendo needs more games for 2011, a year where its development teams will be focusing on the 3DS.

- Nintendo does a contract with Namco - they will localize and publish Tales of Graces in the West. While Namco can do with the PS3 version what they want, this is a timed exclusive, AND Namco is not allowed to use any of the localization resources that Nintendo pays for for the PS3 version.

- So, Namco say to themeselves - let's see how the WIi version does. If it doesn't do well, we will do with the PS3 version what we intended to anyway - nothing. If it sells reasonably well, while a different market, there is a reasonable chance that the PS3 version will also do well. SO we (Namco) wil wait and see how it does.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Sure this isn't as much as a fiasco as the Tales of Vesperia coming to the PS3 (for the US) that gets brought up multiple times? I'll wait and see what happens.

It's just that simple.

bmmb1 said:
Xen said:
bmmb1 said:
Xen said:
Xxain said:

This Makes no sense.

this is obviously fake

Why should they care that there is a PS3 version? Let me present to you the following situation:

- Namco had no intention of localizing Tales games (or at least TOG) given costs vs. past performance in the West

- Nintendo needs more games for 2011, a year where its development teams will be focusing on the 3DS.

- Nintendo does a contract with Namco - they will localize and publish Tales of Graces in the West. While Namco can do with the PS3 version what they want, this is a timed exclusive, AND Namco is not allowed to use any of the localization resources that Nintendo pays for for the PS3 version.

- So, Namco say to themeselves - let's see how the WIi version does. If it doesn't do well, we will do with the PS3 version what we intended to anyway - nothing. If it sells reasonably well, while a different market, there is a reasonable chance that the PS3 version will also do well. SO we (Namco) wil wait and see how it does.

Logical in the situation you presented, but too little too late with the fan translation coming up! 2011 is too much of  delay.

Around the Network

Sometimes I wonder how many Monolith games would be localised if they were still part of Namco.  At least Nintendo localises most of them.

Under Namco, Europe only got Xenosaga Episode II and the original Baten Kaitos (Nintendo had to step in and publish it though)

However, since the take over the games developed for Nintendo (ie not SRT or DBZ), Nintendo has only not localised Soma Bringer.  It's too early to tell for Xenoblade.

MrT-Tar said:

Sometimes I wonder how many Monolith games would be localised if they were still part of Namco.  At least Nintendo localises most of them.

Under Namco, Europe only got Xenosaga Episode II and the original Baten Kaitos (Nintendo had to step in and publish it though)

However, since the take over the games developed for Nintendo (ie not SRT or DBZ), Nintendo has only not localised Soma Bringer.  It's too early to tell for Xenoblade.

DBZ:AotS, Disaster(halfway), and Super Robot Taisen are the only games nintendo has published for Monolith out of 7 games this gen currently.

Namco localized all the mainline Xenoseries and Baiten Kaitos series..so I dont know what your talking about

I don't care which console it's for. I have a Wii and I have a PS3. I just want the game localized.  Let the fanboys argue about the merits of each console. I just want the damned game.

Xxain said:
MrT-Tar said:

DBZ:AotS, Disaster(halfway), and Super Robot Taisen are the only games nintendo has published for Monolith out of 7 games this gen currently.

Namco localized all the mainline Xenoseries and Baiten Kaitos series..so I dont know what your talking about

Europe. PAL regions get the JRPG shaft over and over... though all the real blame is on them, they don't buy the ones that DO get released.

Xxain said:
MrT-Tar said:

did you actually read my post?

Europe (where I live) only got the 1st BK (due to Nintendo though) and the 2nd Xenosaga.  None of the others were localised including their earlier work before they were know as Monolith such as Xenogears (which I've been forced to import).

I discounted the likes of DBZ and SRT as despite Monolith being 80% owned by Nintendo, they were published by Namco.

Nintendo of Europe has localised Disaster and I really hope they do the same for Xenoblade.  

If Monolith were still part of Namco, I doubt Disaster would ever have made it out of Japan