By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect games sales .... not so hot.

kinect sports: 1.08M

your shape: 210k

kinectimals: 320k

dance central: 600k

those are the only 4 "good" games and i dont think the sells are too bad. they all will have very good legs and i think the development was very cheap.

sure the other games sell very poorly but they are so bad why should they sell a lot with 4m kinect at the moment? look at the sales from games like castlevania: lords of shadows which is a very decent game and has 45m 360 owners as possible costumers and you will know that the kinect sales arent bad.

Around the Network
pacman91 said:
mundus6 said:
chapset said:

true motion gamers play on the wii, anything else is a fad

I owned Wii for 3 years, only games i used a Wii mote for was Mario Galaxy 1,2, Zack and Wiki and No More Heroes. Every other game (including Mario Kart) i've played with a traditional controller or the wiimote sideways, which lets face it doesn't make the game unique with the Wii mote. Ok, Other M was a little unique, but the only part where you actually used the Wii mote to aim was my least favorite part of the game.

So move has been out for 3 months, Kinect for 1 and both have in my opinion games that use the motion controlls better than the Wii,  i am not saying they have better games, since both only has shovelware, except for the move patched games like Heavy Rain.

Have you played Red Steel 2, Boom Blox Bash Party, Wii sports resort or Tiger Woods 10/11?  These games are the cream of the crop in terms of using motion.  From general observation I haven't seen any kinect or move games implement motion better than these. There are add-ons for RE5 and Heavy Rain aswell as sports champions, but for the most part I'd say nothing has used motion better than the games I've listed.

I have played Boom Blox and Wii Sports Resort; Boom Blox is a fun game, but i really don't think the control is that unique, i've played DS games with more unique controller. And while Resort is cool, i would still say that Sport Champions, hell even Kinect sports, use the motion controls better. Again, not saying they are better games, since they certainly aren't. The other 2 games i have not played, guess i will have to take your word for it, Tiger Woods, is on PS3 with Move support though.

The software sales of the Kinect titles will be better than in November, even though it is a month after the launch move. Game sales are different when it comes to the launch of a new console. Dance Central, Kinect Sports, etc. will move more units in December than they did in November, IMO, since more Kinect's will be sold in december than November. Each new Kinect sold equals new Kinect games sold.

And the week after Christmas there should be a nice boost in game sales as people who get Kinect's as Christmas gifts go out and buy more games for it.

Interresting.

Will software go up to hardware levels, or will hardware go down to software levels. Only time will tell.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Squilliam said:

Well based on a rough calculation the attach rate for Kinect games is currently around 0.66 exclusive of Kinect adventures, 1.66 inclusive. That isn't too bad for a platform which is only about a month old on average.

That actually does sound bad.  Not for Kinect since it's more a peripherial then platform... but I thought the average amount of games bought per new system was usually 2.5.

Meaning you'd expect a 2.5 attach rate to start.

Around the Network

pachoo5 said:

...And the week after Christmas there should be a nice boost in game sales as people who get Kinect's as Christmas gifts go out and buy more games for it.

good point i didn't think about! no clue how many of the 4m kinects but there will be many of them hid somewhere in parents bedroom as christmas present. 

Kasz216 said:
Squilliam said:

Well based on a rough calculation the attach rate for Kinect games is currently around 0.66 exclusive of Kinect adventures, 1.66 inclusive. That isn't too bad for a platform which is only about a month old on average.

That actually does sound bad.  Not for Kinect since it's more a peripherial then platform... but I thought the average amount of games bought per new system was usually 2.5.

but at the same time the xbox gets normal games as well. if there will be a new xbox everyone who buys this will buy games just for it. but many people who bought lets say a kinect xbox bundle bought cod or whatever for it as second/third game. and people who already had an xbox will even more buy "normal" games to their kinect stuff...

kinect games will rise the 360 ratio but normal 360 games won't rise the kinect ratio ;)

pachoo5 said:

The software sales of the Kinect titles will be better than in November, even though it is a month after the launch move. Game sales are different when it comes to the launch of a new console. Dance Central, Kinect Sports, etc. will move more units in December than they did in November, IMO, since more Kinect's will be sold in december than November. Each new Kinect sold equals new Kinect games sold.

And the week after Christmas there should be a nice boost in game sales as people who get Kinect's as Christmas gifts go out and buy more games for it.

I just don't see Kinect game sales being that good. I mean they're pretty weak NOW, and this is the strongest time of the year for game sales. During the slow months of next year, the games could be non existant in the sales charts.

Metallicube said:
pachoo5 said:

I just don't see Kinect game sales being that good. I mean they're pretty weak NOW, and this is the strongest time of the year for game sales. During the slow months of next year, the games could be non existant in the sales charts.

How are they weak now? The highest non-bundled game has already passed one million, the second highest is well on its way there and a couple of others from launch might get there eventually. You don't even have an argument other than their sales being weak, because you say they're weak. They're competing with software for systems with at least 10 times the userbase size right now, and they're still hanging in quite nicely. Now, please enlighten me to how well you think Kinect software should be doing, so I can lol at how impossible your expectations were. It amazes me how bad of a case of Kinect denial you seem to have.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

crissindahouse said:
Kasz216 said:
Squilliam said:

but at the same time the xbox gets normal games as well. if there will be a new xbox everyone who buys this will buy games just for it. but many people who bought lets say a kinect xbox bundle bought cod or whatever for it as second/third game. and people who already had an xbox will even more buy "normal" games to their kinect stuff...

kinect games will rise the 360 ratio but normal 360 games won't rise the kinect ratio ;)

That's why I said "That does sound bad.  Not for kinect".

I meant for a regular platform it would be bad, but as an add on it's fine.