By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect games sales .... not so hot.

ArnoldRimmer said:

Harry Potter really is a bad example. As most reviews have pointed out, it's a traditional game ruined by Kinect controls, similar to Joy Ride.

And it's not even a Kinect only title. Titles like EyePet, RE5, Heavy Rain, R.U.S.E., M.A.G. etc. aren't usually considered PS Move-titles are well.

Then you haven't read many reviews.

The normal game is awful, according to reviewers the Kinect parts are the best of the whole game.

Around the Network

I think all kinect games are selling really well, kinect Sports looks like it will sell a lot it should do 1 million next week. Dance central, Kinectimals, and maybe even your shape evolve should all be million sellers or even more. It's not suprising games like Joyride and Sonice free riders are not selling as much because they had horrible reviews compare to the other games and the other games are getting advertising specifically made for them like Kinect sports and Dance central. I have yet to see an ad for joy ride that is specifically made for it.

Anyways all games are selling quite well actually the majority of Kinect games are over 100,000 the only ones that aren't are the biggest loser game, Dance masters and adrenalin misfits both from Konami, and deca sports freedom  I'm only counting games that are specifically made only for Kinect and not other platforms and all Kinect games if you notice their sales charts seem to have really great legs.

I think most Kinect are going to be million sellers in the long run seems like they will sell similar to wii games as in they sell little by little every month and when you least expect it they have already sold more than 5 million.

sorry double post

true motion gamers play on the wii, anything else is a fad

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Honestly, look at the Kinect games.. Do you really expect most of those games to sell?

Around the Network

That's not good... since MS needs the software to sell.
Apparently they're losing on every Kinect.

silicon said:

Where did you hear that? From what I heard Kinect cost $56 for Microsoft.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/adrenalinmisfits/news.html?sid=6283956

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Lazthelost said:
daroamer said:
Lazthelost said:

What I think you are forgetting is that it came out 1 month and 6 days ago.The sales for most of the games are pretty decent. You also have to remember that the cream of the crop rises to the top.

Kinect Adventures! - 3,176,854 in 5 weeks. (Not complete figures)
Kinect Sports -                928,429 in 5 weeks. (Also Not complete figures)
Dance Central -              552,353 in 5 weeks. (I think you get the point)

So I disagree with this assumption that the games aren't selling. I just feel like people aren't buying the crap most of this studios are pooping out. In some cases though some of the games are bombing pretty hard:

Kinect Joy Ride -     139,857  (This was meant to be free)
Adrenalin Misfits -    14,932 (wow...)

It wasn't exactly meant to be free, it was meant to be microtransaction based.  Free base game and then they charge you for tracks, cars, modes etc.

Transaction based = yes.
It being a free download = yes.

It was meant to be a free game, where profits were dirived by microtransactions. I love how you told me what I already knew.

What you wrote is misleading though, you weren't going to be getting everything included on the Joyride disc for free.  You would have had the basic game and that's all.

I wasn't directed solely at you though, I see that written a lot "they were going to give this game away for free and now they add Kinect and want to charge me 50 bucks for it?!?"....when that's not exactly the reality.

Well yeah,the user base is very low at this moment,but i wouldnt expect a huge jump on sales in 2011.It will probably sell a lot less than it is expected since most of the xbox360 userbase doesn't really care about kinect

darklich13 said:
silicon said:

Where did you hear that? From what I heard Kinect cost $56 for Microsoft.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/adrenalinmisfits/news.html?sid=6283956

I read it in a Canadian Business article. Phil Torrone, the man behind getting the open source driver for kinect, said MS likely subsidizes each Kinect. With materials at $56 and after additional costs such as manufacteuring, shipping, margin etc, it may be a net loss for each one sold.