By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kinect games sales .... not so hot.

Lazthelost said:

What I think you are forgetting is that it came out 1 month and 6 days ago.The sales for most of the games are pretty decent. You also have to remember that the cream of the crop rises to the top.

Kinect Adventures! - 3,176,854 in 5 weeks. (Not complete figures)
Kinect Sports -                928,429 in 5 weeks. (Also Not complete figures)
Dance Central -              552,353 in 5 weeks. (I think you get the point)

So I disagree with this assumption that the games aren't selling. I just feel like people aren't buying the crap most of this studios are pooping out. In some cases though some of the games are bombing pretty hard:

Kinect Joy Ride -     139,857  (This was meant to be free)
Adrenalin Misfits -    14,932 (wow...)

It wasn't exactly meant to be free, it was meant to be microtransaction based.  Free base game and then they charge you for tracks, cars, modes etc.

Around the Network

Unless my math is wrong I think his figures actually show just how WELL Kinect software is selling.

"Wilson said software for the unit totaled sales of $57 million, or about 4 percent of game sales for the month."

So Kinect software was 4% of game sales, yet if you add up Wii, 360 and PS3 you see that the total install base is 169.6 million.  Kinect is at 2.5 million which is only about 1.5% of the total install base.

So 1.5% of the install base and yet selling 4% of the total software.  That's excellent!

To put it another way, if we keep the same attach rate, 4% of 169.6 would mean Kinect is at the equivalent of 6.76 million units.

I very much disagree with the original post. Kinect software sales have been excellent for a new peripheral. Kinect Sports, Dance Central, Kinectimals and Your Shape Evolved have all sold very good quantity of units. Kinect Sports and Dance Central both sold over 300k units in the first month in the US which is quite good IMO.

Compare sales of Kinect software to sales of Move software and it is like night and day. Move game sales are pretty much non-existant.

LivingMetal said:
QuarantineStudio said:

Flip, Flop, Flip and Flop......

Paul

Flip-flops can be hazzerous to your feet...

See...

Where did you get that photograph of dsister's feet?

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:
LivingMetal said:
QuarantineStudio said:

Flip, Flop, Flip and Flop......

Paul

Flip-flops can be hazzerous to your feet...

See...

Where did you get that photograph of dsister's feet?

His sister.

Around the Network
pachoo5 said:

I very much disagree with the original post. Kinect software sales have been excellent for a new peripheral. Kinect Sports, Dance Central, Kinectimals and Your Shape Evolved have all sold very good quantity of units. Kinect Sports and Dance Central both sold over 300k units in the first month in the US which is quite good IMO.

Compare sales of Kinect software to sales of Move software and it is like night and day. Move game sales are pretty much non-existant.

:::picks nose:::

Anyways, they should have put 3RD PARTY Kinect sales. Obviously Kinect is sucessfull if it's going the way of the Wii!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
daroamer said:
Lazthelost said:

What I think you are forgetting is that it came out 1 month and 6 days ago.The sales for most of the games are pretty decent. You also have to remember that the cream of the crop rises to the top.

Kinect Adventures! - 3,176,854 in 5 weeks. (Not complete figures)
Kinect Sports -                928,429 in 5 weeks. (Also Not complete figures)
Dance Central -              552,353 in 5 weeks. (I think you get the point)

So I disagree with this assumption that the games aren't selling. I just feel like people aren't buying the crap most of this studios are pooping out. In some cases though some of the games are bombing pretty hard:

Kinect Joy Ride -     139,857  (This was meant to be free)
Adrenalin Misfits -    14,932 (wow...)

It wasn't exactly meant to be free, it was meant to be microtransaction based.  Free base game and then they charge you for tracks, cars, modes etc.

Transaction based = yes.
It being a free download = yes.

It was meant to be a free game, where profits were dirived by microtransactions. I love how you told me what I already knew.

Harry Potter really is a bad example. As most reviews have pointed out, it's a traditional game ruined by Kinect controls, similar to Joy Ride.

And it's not even a Kinect only title. Titles like EyePet, RE5, Heavy Rain, R.U.S.E., M.A.G. etc. aren't usually considered PS Move-titles are well.

well take into account at 150 kinect sold 2.5 million units. 

dance central sold 560k which aint bad , kinectimals 300k (should be better),  and kinect sports brings in 930k easy million by next data update.

consider those numbers for a device that cost $150 meaning you would spend $200 if you add a game.  im sure that most people bought the device and will buy a game later.  if microsoft wouldve put kinect at $99  xbox could have even topped the wii worldwide.