By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DKC Returns is TOO HARD

Was expected, the original hard as hell too!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I was expecting responses like this. I'm not bad at platformers. I've got 4 stars next to my NSMB Wii save file. That is not what anyone would call an easy game. Never once did I feel like it was cheap.

This game is different. There's one level that has you navigating the side of a pirate ship. You noitce that as the cannons get ready to fire a flap lifts up that can be used as a platform. You notice as it goes down the one next to it goes up. See the pattern here? So you jump on the first platform, wait a few seconds and jump to land on the next one as it goes up. You then go to do the same for the third cannon (which was offscreen seconds ago), but it doesn't go up. You fall and die. It turns out the third one only goes up after the first two have gone through 2 cycles. WHERE IS THE LOGIC?!

Then you are a newb because NSMB Wii has 5 stars in the file! HA!

Above: still the best game of the year.

routsounmanman said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
routsounmanman said:

Oh come on, admit you've rusted, cute Aussie!

Cute?

Oh, come on, I know you love me...

Beuli2 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I was expecting responses like this. I'm not bad at platformers. I've got 4 stars next to my NSMB Wii save file. That is not what anyone would call an easy game. Never once did I feel like it was cheap.

This game is different. There's one level that has you navigating the side of a pirate ship. You noitce that as the cannons get ready to fire a flap lifts up that can be used as a platform. You notice as it goes down the one next to it goes up. See the pattern here? So you jump on the first platform, wait a few seconds and jump to land on the next one as it goes up. You then go to do the same for the third cannon (which was offscreen seconds ago), but it doesn't go up. You fall and die. It turns out the third one only goes up after the first two have gone through 2 cycles. WHERE IS THE LOGIC?!

Not only that. But NSMB Wii is only hard if you get the 5 stars with multiplayer. The single player is easier. The second player helps sometimes, but they make everything more unpredictable most of the time.

Even 5 stars doesn't mean much to me if it was single player.

I'm sorry you feel that way about the game and I hope my experience with it will be different.

I literally had the time to play 1 level of this game before I had to go back to studying. But I'm giong right back to it after exams are finished. I honestly hate how so many amazing games get released during exam time.

Around the Network
rubido said:
Beuli2 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Not only that. But NSMB Wii is only hard if you get the 5 stars with multiplayer. The single player is easier. The second player helps sometimes, but they make everything more unpredictable most of the time.

Even 5 stars doesn't mean much to me if it was single player.

And if you think NSMB Wii multiplayer is hard, you seriosly haven't played DK multiplayer. You have NO idea how hard it is until you play it. In single player I had only like 5 game overs (not included mirror mode). In multiplayer we have already died at least 25 times, and we still are in world 7.

I really need to get DKCR. I love a challenge.

On the DKC games, sometimes I'd die over a dozen times on a level.  This game has a super guide so it actually takes less time to finish. Maybe you need to go back to the DKC games (especially the Gameboy ports) and see what a really hard DKC game is like.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

I don't mean this as mockery, or "lol u just suck," but in all seriousness I don't think beating Returns is all that hard, nor do I think the game is that cheap.  I'd say it's easier than DKC2, for starters, and that it's easier than most NES platformers, and quite a few SNES platformers. 

The game is pretty hard. The time trials seem impossible! However, there is one single level in the game, that I beat on my first try with out dying! Not 1-1! It was the rocketbarrel level in World 7, the factory. Out of all levels, it was a rocketbarrel one.