By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DKC Returns is TOO HARD

RolStoppable said:
Resident_Hazard said:
RolStoppable said:

If you had that much trouble to beat Metroid Prime 1 & 2 on their default difficulty, then it's likely that you played Corruption on normal and never again. That's the only plausible explanation how you could form such an ill-informed opinion.

I rarely play a game more than once.  I only got about halfway through Prime 3 a second time before I realized I had too many other games to play.  However, whenever I play a game a second time, I up the difficulty.  But I compared Prime 3's normal difficulty with Prime 1 and Prime 2's normal difficulties.  Which isn't ill informed.  They are indeed drastically different.  Hell, the difference between Prime 2 and 3 makes it seem like the games aren't even related.  It doesn't matter if the higher difficulties added a bit more challenge, because then what you're doing is comparing Prime 2's normal difficulty with Prime 3's hardest.  I'm not ill-informed, and you're comparing apples and oranges. 

Yes, you are ill-informed.

MP and Echoes Normal = Corruption Veteran

MP and Echoes Hard = Corruption Hyper

Corruption Normal is an easy mode that didn't exist in the previous two games until it was added in Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Since when are the words "Normal" and "Easy" synonyms?  The standard difficulty of the games is still very different, and having an "easy" moded added to the Prime series just furthers my point that Nintendo wanted it watered down for the Blue Ocean crowd.  You're still comparing different difficulty modes as equals.  So... yeah.  I think I'm going to stop here, since I think you're going to continue to defend this silliness, thus making this pointless.

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 Normal difficulty is still inequal (=/=) to the Normal difficulty in Prime 3.  Prime 3 is still easier.  The only difference I noted from Normal difficulty to Veteran in the game was that Veteran seemed to move faster--and that was it.  Oh wait, that's why I stopped playing (besides having other stuff to play), I was still having motion-sickness problems with some FPS titles.  The faster movement was giving me headaches. 

That's weird, I must've gotten over that problem since then--I play a lot of FPS titles on the Xbox 360 and haven't had even the slightest problem with any queasiness from the movement.  Hey, maybe it's because I experienced way worse motion sickness issues during 2009 and 2010...

Around the Network

This game isnt hard.

RolStoppable said:
Resident_Hazard said:

Since when are the words "Normal" and "Easy" synonyms?  The standard difficulty of the games is still very different, and having an "easy" moded added to the Prime series just furthers my point that Nintendo wanted it watered down for the Blue Ocean crowd.  You're still comparing different difficulty modes as equals.  So... yeah.  I think I'm going to stop here, since I think you're going to continue to defend this silliness, thus making this pointless.

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 Normal difficulty is still inequal (=/=) to the Normal difficulty in Prime 3.  Prime 3 is still easier.  The only difference I noted from Normal difficulty to Veteran in the game was that Veteran seemed to move faster--and that was it.  Oh wait, that's why I stopped playing (besides having other stuff to play), I was still having motion-sickness problems with some FPS titles.  The faster movement was giving me headaches. 

That's weird, I must've gotten over that problem since then--I play a lot of FPS titles on the Xbox 360 and haven't had even the slightest problem with any queasiness from the movement.  Hey, maybe it's because I experienced way worse motion sickness issues during 2009 and 2010...

Normal and easy aren't synonyms, but normal got renamed to veteran in Corruption and the same applies to Metroid Prime 1 &2 in MPT. Adding an easy difficulty setting isn't watering down a game, it's just another option that nobody is forced to use. If you are going to compare the "normal" difficulty across all Metroid Prime games, then of course Corruption will stick out for being way easier (that goes for the original releases; the games will be the similarly difficult across normal in MPT). 

Now you are totally confusing the difficulty level with the setting for the deadzone. You are not just clueless about what you are talking about, but you are also ignorant about everything that goes against the nonsense you are spewing.

Ugh.  This rhetoric is the exact reason I didn't want to continue.  And as such, really won't.  You've got such blinders on when it comes to Nintendo that you can't tolerate anything said about the company that isn't glowing praise.  I'm familiar with you're typical posts.  Talking down to anyone who doesn't suckle Nintendo's swollen teets, acting as if the company can do no wrong.  I'm sure if Nintendo was caught trafficking children for sex slavery, you'd still argue in their defense.  You're post is all gobbledegook and doesn't make any sense.  Like injecting nonsense about the setting for the deadzone?  Dude, what?  That has nothing to do with the difficulty settings. 

Seriously man, when you're not berating those with different opinions or views (and here, what I'm saying actually makes sense pertaining to the Metroid Prime franchise), you're responding with abject sarcasm.  Sarcasm is great and all, and so is liking Nintendo.  But have some common sense.  Just because you want to continue with a faulty argument doesn't mean you're right.  I said the default difficulty was way easy compared to Prime 1 and 2.  And the reason for this is Nintendo's guiding them to the casual market.  For whatever reason, this offends you and you feel you need to make a big-ass argument nonsensical argument about the whole thing.  As if I said something bad about Nintendo. 

I at least play games elsewhere but Nintendo systems.  Seriously, the newest system you have that isn't made by Nintendo is the Playstation--a system from 1995.  And there, you have only 8 games.  Yeah, I'm the clueless gamer.  You can act like you're holier than thou when you finally step outside of your comfort zone.  ...and when your posts start making some sense...

Xbox 360 or PS3.  Either way, your really need to get one.  You're really not getting the most out of this generation owning just a Wii.

RolStoppable said:

I, as well as every other Metroid Prime fan, can guarantee you that you have been wrong all along. Corruption's normal mode is an easy difficulty setting that didn't exist in Metroid Prime and Echoes. Corruption's veteran mode is identical in difficulty to normal in Metroid Prime and Echoes. Corruption's hyper mode doubles the amount of damage you take and the amount of enemy health compared to veteran, just like Metroid Prime's and Echoes' hard mode does compared to the normal difficulty found in these two games.

So wait.... Is the hardest difficulty of MP 1/ MP 2 comparable to the hardest difficulty level for MP 3?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

RolStoppable said:
homer said:
RolStoppable said:

I, as well as every other Metroid Prime fan, can guarantee you that you have been wrong all along. Corruption's normal mode is an easy difficulty setting that didn't exist in Metroid Prime and Echoes. Corruption's veteran mode is identical in difficulty to normal in Metroid Prime and Echoes. Corruption's hyper mode doubles the amount of damage you take and the amount of enemy health compared to veteran, just like Metroid Prime's and Echoes' hard mode does compared to the normal difficulty found in these two games.

So wait.... Is the hardest difficulty of MP 1/ MP 2 comparable to the hardest difficulty level for MP 3?

Yes, it is. And the the difficulty level below that is also comparable across all games.

The only difference is that Corruption had a third, easier setting that the first two games didn't have

I guess the more the merrier lol(except when talking about stds)

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius