By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Greenburg tweets an Nov NPD tease ...

myabsolution said:
Seece said:
myabsolution said:

I still think Vgchartz did the wrong thing by actually bothering to reply to Greenberg's one sentence about Vgchartz on Twitter. His job is to be a PR troll and the general rule of thumb is "dont feed the trolls".

Also, I don't think anyone should be surprised to see big X360 numbers. There were plenty of bundles, Kinect came out, and MS had big releases with Halo, Fable, and most recently Black Ops to ride off.

It's not wise for the admin here to treat Greenberg ect like trolls, actually thanks to VGCharts mature response, he apologised and requested they chat about sales.

Wow, well then obviously I apologize and retract my statement... Vgchartz obviously chose the right course of action, good for them (good thing im not in charge <:P>). I didn't think Greenberg would ever be one to apologize, maybe hes not so bad after all.

Wow.  Its really rare to see this kind of humility in this community.  Bravo, man.

Around the Network

Any news, updates?

Nsanity said:

Any news, updates?

Greenburg will probably leak 360 numbers in 2-3 hours assuming they win the month. Even if they come in 2nd in the console race Nintendo will probably give numbers later on tonight and talk up their DS sales. Sony numbers could come from Pachter or some other industry insider although I can see Sony potentially dropping the numbers themselves if GT5 did relatively well. BTW, sorry about the 4 o'clock mix up. That Neo Gaf thread threw me off.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

since Greenberg already tweeted about NPD yesterday i don't think we will see him tweet again even 360>DS(0% of coz)

Aaron Greenberg
Xbox 360 #1 selling console according to NPD 6th month in a row with 1.4 million units, Xbox 50% of total current gen spend.

Around the Network

Huge sales. Wonder what the software numbers will be. Microsoft hasn't had a problem releasing them.

Darth Tigris said:

Aaron Greenberg
Xbox 360 #1 selling console according to NPD 6th month in a row with 1.4 million units, Xbox 50% of total current gen spend.

Not exactly sure what that second part of his tweet means "Xbox 50% of total current gen spend." wut? Is that English? 

Also VGC has 360 at 1,232,489 which you gotta note thats lacking a few of the biggest after Black Friday days, I'm guessing he's meaning home consoles only since DS easily beat 360.

Wii is at 1,212,471 for VGC in Nov and PS3 761,995

So I'd like to see the last 3 days added in (with our numbers) and actual NPD numbers, cause I'm wondering if NPD is also listing such a minor difference.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Darth Tigris said:

Aaron Greenberg

Not exactly sure what that second part of his tweet means "Xbox 50% of total current gen spend." wut? Is that English? 

Also VGC has 360 at 1,232,489 which you gotta note thats lacking a few of the biggest after Black Friday days, I'm guessing he's meaning home consoles only since DS easily beat 360.

So I'd like to see the last 3 days added in (with our numbers) and actual NPD numbers, cause I'm wondering if NPD is also listing such a minor difference.

I would assume it either means 1) all console and software sales (360, Wii & PS3) or 2) all device and software sales (360, Wii, PS3, DS & PSP).  I'm heavily leaning toward #1.

VGC's figures are based on Americas (Canada, US, Mexico) while NPD is only for the US.  VGC predicted NPD sales to be 1,072,265 for the 360 in November, so they were low around 300k.

Wii and PS3 NPD predictions were 1,054,850 and 662,936.

As for actual numbers, good luck with that.  Its not made public so someone would have to leak.  But to think MS would mislead by announcing fake numbers would be a bit much.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Darth Tigris said:

Aaron Greenberg

These are not US only numbers are they ?

EDIT: Already a bit late it seems

Darth Tigris said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Darth Tigris said:

Aaron Greenberg

I would assume it either means 1) all console and software sales (360, Wii & PS3) or 2) all device and software sales (360, Wii, PS3, DS & PSP).  I'm heavily leaning toward #1.

VGC's figures are based on Americas (Canada, US, Mexico) while NPD is only for the US.  VGC predicted NPD sales to be 1,072,265 for the 360 in November, so they were low around 300k.

Wii and PS3 NPD predictions were 1,054,850 and 662,936.

As for actual numbers, good luck with that.  Its not made public so someone would have to leak.  But to think MS would mislead by announcing fake numbers would be a bit much.

Yep I know its for the Americas as a whole though isn't NPD data to the 30th? I was thinking those 3 days (nearly half a week when sales are 600k for a single console in 7 days) are BIG which are missing from VGC data so the way I estimate it in my head it's really similar.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000