By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Greenburg tweets an Nov NPD tease ...

Seece said:
myabsolution said:

I still think Vgchartz did the wrong thing by actually bothering to reply to Greenberg's one sentence about Vgchartz on Twitter. His job is to be a PR troll and the general rule of thumb is "dont feed the trolls".

Also, I don't think anyone should be surprised to see big X360 numbers. There were plenty of bundles, Kinect came out, and MS had big releases with Halo, Fable, and most recently Black Ops to ride off.

It's not wise for the admin here to treat Greenberg ect like trolls, actually thanks to VGCharts mature response, he apologised and requested they chat about sales.

Wow, well then obviously I apologize and retract my statement... Vgchartz obviously chose the right course of action, good for them (good thing im not in charge <:P>). I didn't think Greenberg would ever be one to apologize, maybe hes not so bad after all.

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:

I just don't like this guy...isn't he the VGChartz enemy?

Just because he loled at a fansite for guessing numbers incorrectly isn't enough reason to declare him an enemy. After all, the guy gets way more accurate data from real companies like NPD, GFK, Chart Track etc. You'd lol too if you had the real data.

myabsolution said:
Seece said:
myabsolution said:

I still think Vgchartz did the wrong thing by actually bothering to reply to Greenberg's one sentence about Vgchartz on Twitter. His job is to be a PR troll and the general rule of thumb is "dont feed the trolls".

Also, I don't think anyone should be surprised to see big X360 numbers. There were plenty of bundles, Kinect came out, and MS had big releases with Halo, Fable, and most recently Black Ops to ride off.

It's not wise for the admin here to treat Greenberg ect like trolls, actually thanks to VGCharts mature response, he apologised and requested they chat about sales.

Wow, well then obviously I apologize and retract my statement... Vgchartz obviously chose the right course of action, good for them (good thing im not in charge <:P>). I didn't think Greenberg would ever be one to apologize, maybe hes not so bad after all.

It's all pantomime isn't it? ^^

Beuli2 said:

No, that's NPD's shitbag mouthpiece David Riley. <3 

How much time left to NPD release?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:

How much time left to NPD release?

8 hours

jarrod said:
Beuli2 said:

"Trust our numbers, not theirs!"

A few months later

"What numbers?"

"Shut the hell up."

I mean, don't they realize that by relying on retailers only, they are going to push pretty much anyone who doesn't wanna pay so much money to VGchartz?

Kasz216 said:
jarrod said:
Beuli2 said:

A few months later

"What numbers?"

"Shut the hell up."

I mean, don't they realize that by relying on retailers only, they are going to push pretty much anyone who doesn't wanna pay so much money to VGchartz?

I think any one remotely serious about tracking console sales this gen (MS, Nintendo, Sony, Wedbush Morgan Securities and any third party publisher etc.) doesn't mind paying for legitimate data, then getting made up data for free.

RAZurrection said:
Kasz216 said:
jarrod said:
Beuli2 said:

A few months later

"What numbers?"

"Shut the hell up."

I think any one remotely serious about tracking console sales this gen (MS, Nintendo, Sony, Wedbush Morgan Securities and any third party publisher etc.) doesn't mind paying for legitimate data, then getting made up data for free.

Except for, you know... people like the Guiness book of world records, all newspapers, news stations...

Also, the data isn't anymore made up then NPDs.

Kasz216 said:

Except for, you know... people like the Guiness book of world records, all newspapers, news stations...

Also, the data isn't anymore made up then NPDs.

If that were the case, I think VGChartz would be recognised as the most accurate videogame tracker in the world, rather than being loled at by company heads and adjusting their sales data by the millions on a whim.