By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Greenburg tweets an Nov NPD tease ...

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Darth Tigris said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Darth Tigris said:

Aaron Greenberg
Xbox 360 #1 selling console according to NPD 6th month in a row with 1.4 million units, Xbox 50% of total current gen spend.

Not exactly sure what that second part of his tweet means "Xbox 50% of total current gen spend." wut? Is that English? 

Also VGC has 360 at 1,232,489 which you gotta note thats lacking a few of the biggest after Black Friday days, I'm guessing he's meaning home consoles only since DS easily beat 360.

Wii is at 1,212,471 for VGC in Nov and PS3 761,995

So I'd like to see the last 3 days added in (with our numbers) and actual NPD numbers, cause I'm wondering if NPD is also listing such a minor difference.

I would assume it either means 1) all console and software sales (360, Wii & PS3) or 2) all device and software sales (360, Wii, PS3, DS & PSP).  I'm heavily leaning toward #1.

VGC's figures are based on Americas (Canada, US, Mexico) while NPD is only for the US.  VGC predicted NPD sales to be 1,072,265 for the 360 in November, so they were low around 300k.

Wii and PS3 NPD predictions were 1,054,850 and 662,936.

As for actual numbers, good luck with that.  Its not made public so someone would have to leak.  But to think MS would mislead by announcing fake numbers would be a bit much.

Yep I know its for the Americas as a whole though isn't NPD data to the 30th? I was thinking those 3 days (nearly half a week when sales are 600k for a single console in 7 days) are BIG which are missing from VGC data so the way I estimate it in my head it's really similar.

In this case it wouldn't matter if we're talking about VGC's NPD preview and not their normal tracking numbers.

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Darth Tigris said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Darth Tigris said:

Aaron Greenberg
Xbox 360 #1 selling console according to NPD 6th month in a row with 1.4 million units, Xbox 50% of total current gen spend.

Not exactly sure what that second part of his tweet means "Xbox 50% of total current gen spend." wut? Is that English? 

Also VGC has 360 at 1,232,489 which you gotta note thats lacking a few of the biggest after Black Friday days, I'm guessing he's meaning home consoles only since DS easily beat 360.

Wii is at 1,212,471 for VGC in Nov and PS3 761,995

So I'd like to see the last 3 days added in (with our numbers) and actual NPD numbers, cause I'm wondering if NPD is also listing such a minor difference.

I would assume it either means 1) all console and software sales (360, Wii & PS3) or 2) all device and software sales (360, Wii, PS3, DS & PSP).  I'm heavily leaning toward #1.

VGC's figures are based on Americas (Canada, US, Mexico) while NPD is only for the US.  VGC predicted NPD sales to be 1,072,265 for the 360 in November, so they were low around 300k.

Wii and PS3 NPD predictions were 1,054,850 and 662,936.

As for actual numbers, good luck with that.  Its not made public so someone would have to leak.  But to think MS would mislead by announcing fake numbers would be a bit much.

Yep I know its for the Americas as a whole though isn't NPD data to the 30th? I was thinking those 3 days (nearly half a week when sales are 600k for a single console in 7 days) are BIG which are missing from VGC data so the way I estimate it in my head it's really similar.

In this case it wouldn't matter if we're talking about VGC's NPD preview and not their normal tracking numbers.

When I made my comments I didn't even know there was an NPD preview up yet I've been busy with finals man but my numbers were added up for the November weeks, so those 3 days make a huge difference.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000