By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Seece is lazy, that's why he won't make threads

Anyway:

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (DS)
Nintendo
11 114,983 1,672,963

Glad to see GOTY and GOTG doing well

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

Seece is lazy, that's why he won't make threads

Well, Maxwell meant articles not threads, but I've made like .. 100 threads this year!

atma998 said:
Immortal said:
atma998 said:

Great to see DQIX selling 36k and outselling BOTH versions of FFXIII combined... It deserves it, definitely the best JRPG of the gen.

Wow! Didn't notice that. At this rate, it could top a million in EMEAA and Americas individually! DQ's never been a holiday kind of title before.

Yeah 6 million LTD is not out of reach. It is already the best selling DQ ever.

If it weren't for 3DS replacing the DS in March, it could have become a very leggy game. Can't wait to see how DQX does.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Maynard_Tool said:
Mordred11 said:
Mr.Metralha said:
Mordred11 said:

Next year,holiday sales won't be enough to save Wii's ass.

Stop quoting 2007...

Things have clearly changed...you are blind if you can't see that.

I still see :

1st.- Wii

2nd.- X360

3rd.- Ps3.....

Still the same mate

I don't know  why do we have to still post the obvious...

Its ok, the Wii is domed anyway.

Immortal said:
kowenicki said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Mordred11 said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Yes, because at the end we still have Wii, X360 and ps3, despite everything that happened.... games, bundles, new accesories etc etc....

So is all good

All is good?really?I wonder if Nintendo is thinking the same.They keep losing Wii's marketshare,and they know they will continue doing so in 2011 if they don't take measures.In 2007,Wii has sold more than the PS3 and X360 combined,now the Wii can only manage to outsell them during the holidays,and that also won't last forever...
I'm tired of explaining the same thing over and over again.I don't even know why I bother,maybe because of boredom...

Marketshare? Pfffffff do you really think marketshare is more important than the money they are making? Lulz at you sir.

Nintendo keeps making millions out every single console they sale, then if you take into account all the software.... well, I think Nintendo is the last one to worry about these sales.

But yeah, keep it up man.... you surely are going to convience some people around here

** And think for just a moment... imagine a $50 price cut next year... remember, wii has only had 1 $50 price cut in a total of 4 years, while the X360 and Ps3 has had many price cuts, new models and the motion controllers... Do you really believe wii is in trouble? Do you really believe Nintendo is not happy? pffff I am the one that needs to think if I should bother....

I dont agree with Mordred... but Nintendo IS making losses these days you know... 

Eh, they only did that a quarter ago on foreign currency exchange problems. With the last quarter, which was, beyond all doubt, a terrible quarter for Nintendo, they're already pretty much even for the FY.

To clarify. Nintendo is not making a loss...what they did was they moved all of the currency loses (American Dollar sucks :P) into one quarter, so Q2-4 are not hindered. 

Around the Network

Now people are so pissed about these Wii numbers that they're predicting doom for Wii next year - since it's apparently been postponed. 

A dream deferred, I guess.

Immortal said:
Mordred11 said:
Maynard_Tool said:

I still see :

1st.- Wii

2nd.- X360

3rd.- Ps3.....

Still the same mate

You're a funny guy.

You think it's the same situation as in 2007?

Wii - 16.39M

X360 - 7.85M

PS3 - 7.70M

Wii - 24.39M

X360 - 10.98M

PS3 - 9.92M

Wii - 21.80

PS3 - 12.94

X360 - 10.23

2010 (As of November the 27th)

Wii - 12.22

PS3 - 10.59

X360 - 9.46

Count how many pricecuts the HD consoles have had and count how many the Wii has had. Count the number of redesigns they've had, count the number of redesigns Wii's had. Nintendo's done pretty much nothing to support the Wii other than software. It's worked out just fine every year and if, by some miracle for the HD consoles, next year seems really worrying fo the Wii, Nintendo has a whole lot of cards left to play.

Ok, the Wii has had a 20% cut with the addition of $50 worth of games and hardware.

The Xbox 360 Arcade has had a 33% cut with the addition of memory and networking with an extra year on market.

The Xbox 360 Premium model has had a 25% cut with the addition of memory and networking with an extra year on market.

The PS3 has had a 50% cut with the addition of memory.

It is hard to really state definitively that the Wii isn't in the same ballpark for value / price adjustments.

Tease.

Kenology said:

Now people are so pissed about these Wii numbers that they're predicting doom for Wii next year - since it's apparently been postponed. 

They will be right eventually so we better prepare to eat crow in 2013, :O.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Kenology said:

I don't even know what doomed means anymore, but Wii will have a good xmas next year with a price cut, so could well be on par with this xmas.

In the middle of the year though .. that's a different story. If it doesn't get a price cut until next September ... get ready for a dozen or two, under 100k weeks.

Squilliam said:
Immortal said:

Count how many pricecuts the HD consoles have had and count how many the Wii has had. Count the number of redesigns they've had, count the number of redesigns Wii's had. Nintendo's done pretty much nothing to support the Wii other than software. It's worked out just fine every year and if, by some miracle for the HD consoles, next year seems really worrying fo the Wii, Nintendo has a whole lot of cards left to play.

Ok, the Wii has had a 20% cut with the addition of $50 worth of games and hardware.

The Xbox 360 Arcade has had a 33% cut with the addition of memory and networking with an extra year on market.

The Xbox 360 Premium model has had a 25% cut with the addition of memory and networking with an extra year on market.

The PS3 has had a 50% cut with the addition of memory.

It is hard to really state definitively that the Wii isn't in the same ballpark for value / price adjustments.

I hope you're not trying to compare the PS3 to the Wii 'cause a 50% price cut is much higher than 20% price cut, not to mention the Slim. The 360 you could argue is comparable, but percentages can really be used for spins, :P. A 100$ price cut, two different models and a Slim redesign. I don't think that can be compared to a 50$ price cut and 50$ of games. Besides, Wii's been in the black since its launch and it therefore can most likely spew out more price cuts, which was really my main point.